Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sparkly eyes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

YungDemon
10.11.2017 , 10:29 AM | #31
I bought a new PC & I thought it was just an effect of having the graphics maxed out haha.

BenKatarn
10.11.2017 , 11:06 AM | #32
Characters currently have very glossy, reflective eyes that are very distracting. They seem to have the same asset that is usually used on metallic surfaces mapped to them that are meant to serve as reflections of general areas. That really needs to be fixed.

Example: My character has these very shiney, polished eyes now that have a reflection texture of what looks to be Balmorra in her eyes, whilst being in the Dromund Kaas stronghold.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

grania
10.11.2017 , 11:10 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
I like these eyes, they feel more alive.
If you're a replicant maybe! (Forgive me, dumb blade runner humor )

I think it's fine if you like them, the first step for me was to figure out if it was really a bug and now that question is settled. If you'd like an option to keep this (double glass eye imo) look I fully support it.

I also support killik joiner eyes and voss eyes and cat eyes and glowing eyes and compound insect eyes and cyborg eyes and Acina eyes and.. I'm getting towards the end of the list of eyes I can think of that would be neat to have.. lizard eyes.. and.. eyes with no iris.. can I stop now? I can't think of any more Oh! mismatching eyes, I always loved that look.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

BenKatarn
10.11.2017 , 11:12 AM | #34
Oh, while we're on the subject of bugged eyes, can someone please tell the dev team to take a look at Overseer Ragate on Korriban? She has like stone texture for eyes.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech

grania
10.11.2017 , 11:14 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Oh, while we're on the subject of bugged eyes, can someone please tell the dev team to take a look at Overseer Ragate on Korriban? She has like stone texture for eyes.
Not just her, all old ladies, like Darth Ekkage and such

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Malaphora
10.11.2017 , 12:01 PM | #36
I like the sparkle, but would like it better if it were adjustable somehow or dialed down a bit.
If you're gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk. Tuco

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.11.2017 , 12:09 PM | #37
Huh? I don't think my characters eyes have changed? Does it affect aliens? I'm playing a Twi'lek right now and his seemed fine. I feel like I'd notice if they changed just because I tend to pay attention to how his face looks and I really like his green eyes

They need to add some more/better eyes tho. Special people like us have special eyes!!!! Acina has special eyes, Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, Valkorion ALL have cool eyes we can't get!!!!! Why? I mean if they are on other NPC's in the game I don't get how it would be difficult to add them as an option for our character?

orangenee
10.11.2017 , 12:51 PM | #38
I could have sworn Dr. Lokin was going all gooey for my Agent earlier. It's not exactly bright in that room on Taris.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

Ylliarus
10.11.2017 , 02:55 PM | #39
To be frank there is something... different about the eyes in the cutscenes as well. They seem to be more... realistic? Or at least, they look very glassy which makes them look more real but at the same time also comes dangerously close to uncanny valley. I noticed this too after patch 5.5.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Cuiwe
10.11.2017 , 03:30 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
Huh? I don't think my characters eyes have changed? Does it affect aliens? I'm playing a Twi'lek right now and his seemed fine. I feel like I'd notice if they changed just because I tend to pay attention to how his face looks and I really like his green eyes

They need to add some more/better eyes tho. Special people like us have special eyes!!!! Acina has special eyes, Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, Valkorion ALL have cool eyes we can't get!!!!! Why? I mean if they are on other NPC's in the game I don't get how it would be difficult to add them as an option for our character?
From my observations, Purebloods and Red Zabraks don't have that problem. Twi'leks seem to have it. At least mine does.

Also, what was that about Zabrak Skin Color?
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus