Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sparkly eyes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cuiwe
10.10.2017 , 11:31 AM | #1
What's up with sparkly eyes in the character select? They were never this much, almost Asian, sparkly.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

CrazyCT
10.10.2017 , 11:32 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
What's up with sparkly eyes in the character select? They were never this much, almost Asian, sparkly.
Asians have sparkly eyes?
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

Vagessel
10.10.2017 , 11:35 AM | #3
Maybe it means we can get Acina/Arcann eyes on our characters soon. You mean glassy-moist look to the eyes, right?

Jagaimee
10.10.2017 , 11:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
Asians have sparkly eyes?
Think he meant Anime?

As for the sparkly eyes... I've noticed that, depending on graphics settings, eyes can appear to be either so shiny they look like they're made of glass, or so flat and dull they look painted on. Maybe this update tweaked the lighting in the character select screen? (Haven't logged on to check.)
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

CrazyCT
10.10.2017 , 11:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Think he meant Anime?
Ah, kk
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

grania
10.10.2017 , 11:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagaimee View Post
Think he meant Anime?

As for the sparkly eyes... I've noticed that, depending on graphics settings, eyes can appear to be either so shiny they look like they're made of glass, or so flat and dull they look painted on. Maybe this update tweaked the lighting in the character select screen? (Haven't logged on to check.)
I'm trying to stay awake while my launcher updates, so I can't check myself yet. Curious to see if this is case though. The light that shines on my agent is as bright and harsh as the lighting in a junior high locker room, I feel bad for her.

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Cuiwe
10.10.2017 , 12:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Maybe it means we can get Acina/Arcann eyes on our characters soon. You mean glassy-moist look to the eyes, right?
Yes. It has that sparkle in the upper portion of the eyes. I don't see it on Red Zabraks(and Purebloods I think), but I see it on everyone else.
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

grania
10.10.2017 , 12:17 PM | #8
You're right, it's there, I see the sparkles. (And of course my agent still needs sunglasses on her own ship. I don't know why that light bothers me so.)

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

Jagaimee
10.10.2017 , 12:24 PM | #9
Just logged in to check, and...whoa. Yeah. That's sparkly.
And at last I seeee the liiiiight... though maybe not to that ridiculous degree. Yikes.
"'But why,' some say, 'choose the moon? Why choose this as our goal?' And they might well ask, 'Why climb the highest mountain? Why, thirty-five years ago, fly the Atlantic?' Why click some random person's referral link?'"
- JFK...mostly. Save for that last part (FAQ about referral links)....... Quinnmancer

Mubrak
10.10.2017 , 02:08 PM | #10
It's not just in the character selection it's while playing too, character eyes are now much more "reflective" (i.e. show some fake reflection map)

5.5 quickly rises in my list of most annoying patches.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!
Remove the blue glow from useable stronghold objects and decorations!