New Tank

Master_Blastech

I started playing a tank for the first time, and I just finished a WZ. I have all my skill points in the tank skill tree and am geared pretty well. If I dealt more damage in the WZ than everyone else, does that mean I'm not playing my tank right or that everyone else was even worse than me?

I started playing a tank for the first time, and I just finished a WZ. I have all my skill points in the tank skill tree and am geared pretty well. If I dealt more damage in the WZ than everyone else, does that mean I'm not playing my tank right or that everyone else was even worse than me?

Tanks tend to take a beating and keep fighting. If you have a good healer backing you up, you can really make a mess of the opposing team.

It could mean you have plenty of skill at pvp compared to others. Your gear can also make a difference.

Lastly if you're battling a group of pugs in rubbish gear, that will give you a huge advantage, while a pre-made team with vent and epic gear will almost always dominate.

i must say im awfull at Warzones but i lve my oTank Toons and as the above poster said a tank with a decent healer can ravage the other side. I'm all Tank spec as well and i can occassionaly do some good dmage so it might of been a mix of good play, good healing and your other team mates may of been lacking a wee bit

Greetings everyone!

Thank you for your helpful responses! We always appreciate when the community takes time to help each other! :)

In regards to tanking, you can find more information about your particular class and advanced class located in the Class sub-forums. Additionally, we have a Roles section that specializes in discussion and questions regarding Tanking and encourage you to also visit there.

There are often community created guides that were created and stickied to help out other players!

We hope this helps! :D

We need more info:

What AC are you? (not all tanks are equal)

What level are you?

If 50, what does "geared pretty well" mean?

We need more info:

What AC are you? (not all tanks are equal)

What level are you?

If 50, what does "geared pretty well" mean?

While this is all important to judge how well you did, if you were the top damage dealer on your team then it's reasonable to conclude that all the DD classes on your side were pretty bad.

It's pvp. Roles of tank and dps don't apply to pvp same way as they do in pve.

Just because you did more damage than someone in a pvp warzone, does not mean that you would also do more dps than them when doing pve content.

In pve a damage dealer can most of the time just stand still and keep doing their attack rotation uninterrupted but in pvp they get more downtime.

Stop using pvp statistics as a reference point in a way that implies they would apply to anything else.

Edited by Eternalnight