Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Do the Companion Story lines progress after you kill Darth Thanaton?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Do the Companion Story lines progress after you kill Darth Thanaton?

HymSelf's Avatar


HymSelf
08.30.2018 , 08:25 PM | #1
Ive noticed less " Khem Val approves, etc" after killing Darth Thanaton.
I still have planets to finish out and "Purple" missions to do after Darth Thanaton.

Im just worried i ended some storylines/progressions by killing Darth Thanaton before finishing planets?

Could someone provide some insight into this?

Thanks!

Eiter's Avatar


Eiter
08.30.2018 , 09:08 PM | #2
No, it should not have any effect.

Companion conversations are however exclusive to the original three chapters of class story. They do come to an end. But you'll continue to gain companion influence.

HymSelf's Avatar


HymSelf
08.31.2018 , 12:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Eiter View Post
No, it should not have any effect.

Companion conversations are however exclusive to the original three chapters of class story. They do come to an end. But you'll continue to gain companion influence.
Ah, I see..

As I complete planet story arc missions, will I still have the opportunity to find new companions? or are the people you meet in the Chapters it? I noticed there are a lot of different companions to buy skins for and was wondering if i blew my shot at finding new companions and having interesting conversations by ending the Chapters (Becoming Darth)?

VoshStargazer's Avatar


VoshStargazer
08.31.2018 , 12:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by HymSelf View Post
Ah, I see..

As I complete planet story arc missions, will I still have the opportunity to find new companions? or are the people you meet in the Chapters it? I noticed there are a lot of different companions to buy skins for and was wondering if i blew my shot at finding new companions and having interesting conversations by ending the Chapters (Becoming Darth)?
You can buy two new companions (Granted one of them is a huge fetch quest) but they both give you new conversations, beyond that the expansions (Mainly kotfe and kotet) introduce you too many new characters and you get LOTS of companions in kotfe/kotet and a few are romancable.
http://www.swtor.com/r/x6Zyqr

You know the drill, we both get stuff

Adric_the_Red's Avatar


Adric_the_Red
08.31.2018 , 12:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by HymSelf View Post
Ah, I see..

As I complete planet story arc missions, will I still have the opportunity to find new companions? or are the people you meet in the Chapters it? I noticed there are a lot of different companions to buy skins for and was wondering if i blew my shot at finding new companions and having interesting conversations by ending the Chapters (Becoming Darth)?
The base Class story will give you just five Companions, and their stories pretty much "end" when your main Class story ends.

If you start KotFE, you will lose those, but have the option to recruit other, new companions as you play through that and, if you continue, KotET and beyond. Plus, depending on your Class, some or most of your "original" companions may return, via various Chapters, or via Alliance Alerts, so you may get a little more "story" with them, but it's pretty minimal. (Offhand, I don't recall if any Class gets all the original companions back - yet). And after you complete Chapter IX of KotFE, you will have a terminal that allows you to "recover" companions you have "lost" but who haven't yet returned through the story.

You can continue to gain influence with your "original" and later companions, as you play through the various stories, though which ones can get influence from what story choices will vary. Generally, only the later companions will gain influence from your dialogue choices in KotFE and beyond, but you can still gain influence with the "original" ones if you go back and do various Planet arcs, side missions, and heroics. And of course, you can always increase your influence with them by giving them gifts they like.

And then there are a bunch more companions you can acquire via the Cartel Market, some as direct purchase, others as random, very rare drops from CM crates, and a couple acquired as "event" rewards. Those don't really have much in the way of "story", so you are pretty much limited to "buying" influence with them via gifts.

Last I counted, you can have something like 50 or 60 companions, if you're really determined to get every one possible, though there's no real need for more than nine (eight to run Crew Skill missions, while you adventure with the ninth). Note that the Droid and Creature type companions from the Cartel Market can't do Crew Skills.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

HymSelf's Avatar


HymSelf
08.31.2018 , 04:08 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
The base Class story will give you just five Companions, and their stories pretty much "end" when your main Class story ends.

If you start KotFE, you will lose those, but have the option to recruit other, new companions as you play through that and, if you continue, KotET and beyond. Plus, depending on your Class, some or most of your "original" companions may return, via various Chapters, or via Alliance Alerts, so you may get a little more "story" with them, but it's pretty minimal. (Offhand, I don't recall if any Class gets all the original companions back - yet). And after you complete Chapter IX of KotFE, you will have a terminal that allows you to "recover" companions you have "lost" but who haven't yet returned through the story.

You can continue to gain influence with your "original" and later companions, as you play through the various stories, though which ones can get influence from what story choices will vary. Generally, only the later companions will gain influence from your dialogue choices in KotFE and beyond, but you can still gain influence with the "original" ones if you go back and do various Planet arcs, side missions, and heroics. And of course, you can always increase your influence with them by giving them gifts they like.

And then there are a bunch more companions you can acquire via the Cartel Market, some as direct purchase, others as random, very rare drops from CM crates, and a couple acquired as "event" rewards. Those don't really have much in the way of "story", so you are pretty much limited to "buying" influence with them via gifts.

Last I counted, you can have something like 50 or 60 companions, if you're really determined to get every one possible, though there's no real need for more than nine (eight to run Crew Skill missions, while you adventure with the ninth). Note that the Droid and Creature type companions from the Cartel Market can't do Crew Skills.

Thank you everyone for the great info!
Much appreciated!
I'll be seeing ya out there!
<3

ImmortalLowlife's Avatar


ImmortalLowlife
09.07.2018 , 09:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by HymSelf View Post
Ah, I see..

As I complete planet story arc missions, will I still have the opportunity to find new companions? or are the people you meet in the Chapters it? I noticed there are a lot of different companions to buy skins for and was wondering if i blew my shot at finding new companions and having interesting conversations by ending the Chapters (Becoming Darth)?
Just an addendum to everything that's been said. Some of the companion skins you're seeing are for the companions of different classes. You're playing a Sith inquisitors story.... the Sith Warrior, bounty hunter, agent, Jedi knight, trooper, smuggler, & Jedi Consular all have different companions and different stories in chapters 1-3. You'll even meet some of the other companions as you play through all the class stories during companion conversations. So don't be afraid to try the different classes! The vanilla (chapt 1-3 stories) content is by far the best in the game imho.
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Darth_Advent's Avatar


Darth_Advent
09.07.2018 , 09:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Adric_the_Red View Post
(Offhand, I don't recall if any Class gets all the original companions back - yet).
The Bounty Hunter and Smuggler can reunite their full quintets of original companions as of patch 5.9.2

Spoiler


Everyone else still has at least one original class story companion that hasn't been accounted for yet.
May the Force serve you well.