My issue with the semi new gearing system.

DarthSealth

Now this isn't all negatives since they used my idea on the gear being legacy bound and set bonuses being attached to the shell, you can see from previous posts.

However I just feel there is too much reliance on RNG this is my proposal:

1) Have gearing vendors that you acquire gear through tokens (not rocket science since this is an old system) make tokens drop on boss loot in group content whilst making PVP award tokens that you can trade said tokens in for the gear you desire no matter the class or spec of that item.

2) Make GC/RC a true supplementary gearing system e.g. Just have it running in the background for people whom prefer solo content so they're not completely out of sync, since I have found GC RNG is compelling to this type of audience since they're truly not bothered about time, speed, luck or hinders by not competing in the race.

3) Truthfully having a vendor that is RNG based isn't the worst thing in the world I remember this in a classic RPG known as Torchlight, I hope you keep this to one vendor only which you can have a gamble with the Gods for God like Tacticals.

4) Amplifiers, I still do not understand this aspect but too much RNG falls on this in what I do know of it and truthfully should be removed if possible.

5) Crafting, Crafters do not want to play the content you make to be able to craft, If they did they wouldn't be through through crafters, making crafting exactly how it should be where your companions do the missions for you to acquire the mats required.

So far that's all I can truly think of that is totally annoying me where 6.0 is concerned except an explorable Dxun or Derelict Korriban from the Eternal Empire.

What truly could be done to make the system more fair in your opinion.

Edited by DarthSealth

RNG never bothered me...however agree with you. As said RNG is not and never will be an issue for me but clearly is for some. So not against tokens as an alternative to RNG. However I really think all you do in the long run is swap RNG hate threads for nothing to do threads. Still from my point of view makes little difference which fill the forums up as far as threads go. Edited by DreadtechSavant