60 Day Time Cards Discontinued?

Lord_Martheous

I just checked 60day sub cards are removed completely on Amazon US as well, however 90day and 180 day are still available to purchase and are in stock. I'd like you remind you that 90day and 180 day cards are usually the ones almost always out of stock, as far as I understand and see EA may have them removed from stores and sell and focus only on 90 and 180 days only,

I do not believe they can stop selling all the cards on stores and on amazon, because most of the playerbase uses them to get subscription, I keep seeing those cards almost daily becoming out of stock so that indicates people buying them instead of visa card sub. so no, ı don't think they stop all the cards from the stores,

As more and more people are staying home to play, more and more people may be buying up time codes online and game time cards from stores.

They only generate so many codes at a time to sell either physically or online. More then likely they just ran out and will need to get new codes or time cards to sell.

It's just more people staying home means more people buying cards to play when they probably wouldn't have before.

If you're having problems finding time cards online, remember that you can buy manual-renew(0) 60-day time blocks directly on the SWTOR website.

Despite the rather bold claim that "most players" subscribe using time cards, I would be unwilling to say that it's more than "a substantial fraction".(1) The judgment of "most are like this" versus "most are like that" is impossible to make for anyone outside BioWare / EA.

(0) Here, I'm assuming that it's the "automatically billed whether my finances can tolerate it or not unless I remember to cancel the automatic part" thing that bothers people. I know that for some people, the mere act of putting a credit card number on the SWTOR web site is anathema. (Er, not "a Nathema"...) (sorry)

(1) It *is* a substantial fraction, for sure, but none of us has any firm evidence for it being "most" (implied: a majority).

Thanks for the reply's. I have to admit I'm reluctant to to do on line purchases for time cards, but that's just me. I did ask at the local stores here and they said that the cards have been discontinued with no plans to restock them. I may have to do the on line purchase or set up reoccurring sub to keep going. There's plenty of time for that, my sub doesn't expire until late summer. :)

Time cards go on sale.... the website does not.... hence the preference for time cards. otherwise a time card that costs the same as the website is just an additional hassle for the user, and a money loss for the game developers.

that's true, got about 20 of them in gamestop a couple of years ago, for less than €50, they were on sale, plus Gamestop were doing buy 3 get 1 free. Kept me going for a couple of years, and got my kids playing...lol

Unfortunately GS stopped doing them :(

Edited by DarkTergon

• 3 months later...

Its not just time cards Amazon has removed its also cartel credits you can not purchase anything on amazon for swtor other than 90 days and 180 days time card and it only on America European site that has it Australia Amazon does not have cartel credits and their 60 day time cards cost you $239 dollars what a mark up.

i looked today and was Amazed at this link to the 60 days time card.

("" https://www.amazon.com.au/Star-Wars-Republic-60-Day-Pre-paid/dp/B0067G55XS/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?dchild=1&keywords=swtor+cartel+credit&qid=1595567576&s=videogames&sr=1-1-fkmr0 "") :mad:

its worst for Australia who are restricted to what we can buy on Amazon Australia website not just games it also computer gear,

At least you Europeans and America have a choose of websites and electronic game stores to buy swtor products from we are stuff in Australia none of our gaming stores sell any swtor item, more or less 90 day to 190 day time cards and cartel credits Amazon.com.au website sell no swtor stuff its all paperback crap.

Their Amazon America web site restrict you as you must be America citizen with America address to purchase anything on their site so we do not have that luxury like other countries at all this is why lots of Australia do not play online game much because of the limitation on where we can purchase from.:(

Their Amazon America web site restrict you as you must be America citizen with America address to purchase anything on their site

I doubt they have a "US Citizens only" rule. Residents only, perhaps, but not citizens only. (Noteworthy: I spent nine years as a "resident alien" in the US, and even got a piece of pale pink laminated plastic that everyone calls a Green Card. I was *resident* but not a *citizen*.)