Best Assassin build?

jaehyeon

What's the best build for PvE DPS/Leveling? I don't really want to tank. :s I'm only level 15 but I'm looking forward to the future. :L

lvling not 2 sure since i lvled up as deception but deception is a pure pve dps build

I run the 23/00/18 darkness/madness hybrid. Havent had much time to test it yet, but it is supposed to be great for pvp and have good dps. You also get Raze and Deathfield. In addition, you get alot of the good defensive things from Darkness so youll be able to live longer in pve if need be.

i went full madness all the way to 50, with just enough in deception to get the full obfuscation stealth bonus

i was consistently able to take gold elites 2 levels above me (especially once getting talos as a companion) and i beat the story line at lvl 49 with no help

madness has proven to be more powerful than anything i've ever played. i lvled a sniper to 40 before realizing i should have gone operative, then a lvl 50 bounty hunter was twice as easy as that, but assassin has been easier than anything

Go pure Deception and a few points in madness and darkness for the extra dmg/crits etc. Best PvE build by far.

Please do not pay attention to idiots like this guy. The best PVE dps spec in the game is 10/0/31 in the madness tree. Deception can't hold a candle to madness pve dps it's NOT CLOSE at all. As far as leveling goes Madness is average until you get the Death Field talent AND the talent that reduces it's force cost. If I was starting out today leveling I would just start with madness and go from there. Maul does hit very hard at lower levels (teens) but the positional requirement for it is a true pain in the ARSE for leveling. By the time you get high enough level to get enough points for the good deception talents like Induction you are also high enough level to get Death Field. Use Death Field just once on one of the thousands of packs of mobs you kill leveling and you will instantly know why it's easily the best talent for leveling an assassin.

Please do not pay attention to idiots like this guy. The best PVE dps spec in the game is 10/0/31 in the madness tree. Deception can't hold a candle to madness pve dps it's NOT CLOSE at all. As far as leveling goes Madness is average until you get the Death Field talent AND the talent that reduces it's force cost. If I was starting out today leveling I would just start with madness and go from there. Maul does hit very hard at lower levels (teens) but the positional requirement for it is a true pain in the ARSE for leveling. By the time you get high enough level to get enough points for the good deception talents like Induction you are also high enough level to get Death Field. Use Death Field just once on one of the thousands of packs of mobs you kill leveling and you will instantly know why it's easily the best talent for leveling an assassin.

Odd, I am a pure deception so far up to level 20 and no issues with maul being positional. I find it very easy with Khem as tank to get behind enemies to use it. Now once I hit 30 I do plan to switch over to madness, but no issues so far and it has been much easier and faster than either my Sniper or Operative.

Hybrid build can be as same effective in pve raids as in pvp [im running 27/0/14 atm and i have no issues raiding]

Raiding what? NMM or normals? Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. I mean you can't tell me you honestly think your build does more damage then the proper madness build do you?

Deception until 30's, after that darkness start to become rather good (slow killing but take the healer compaion and you're near invincible during leveling).

Both work really well for leveling.

Madness takes good situationall awareness as you have to keep trap of a crapload of stuff going on (you got 8 abilities in your rotation, procs to track aswell as dots to track for refreshing at 50 not to mention "buff" abilities like recklessness and force shroud). wouldnt recommend madness unless you're good at tracking stuff until they improve the UI and makes it easier to track DoT's and procs.

Edited by Aryndelin