Terror from Beyond Hard Mode DPS Requirements - Your thoughts on how much

Was looking through the top 50 on torparse trying to find a kill (all the ones I have checked have ended in death, not a kill), and so far they all seem to be around the 1100-1200 dps for a 13-14 minute fight as well. I've asked my guildies to post theirs up so I can look into it some more. Hopefully one of the PT's that always seems to do they most damage in the MoX parser puts his up so I have a good idea of the range on one of our kills.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why on earth would you have troopers set to a lower standard than everyone else.. you are aware a Vanguard/Powertech has probably the highest single target DPS in the game.For Merc's and commandos in PVE there dps is right up there with any other class. I am a powertech and i haven't done a OPS dummy parser since i became bis(61) but when i was like 2-3 pieces out on a 8 min parse i did 1720 over 8 mins.

As far as DPS for TFB i believe i read somewhere you need an average of 1350 may have been 1450 between your dps

yeah just talking about comando's and i do not let them stand still doing it every dps has to have basick movement while doing the dps passer there are no stand and nuke fights realy in the game ....vangards are same as the others was genrilising them as other classes trooper = comandos

yeah just talking about comando's and i do not let them stand still doing it every dps has to have basick movement while doing the dps passer there are no stand and nuke fights realy in the game ....vangards are same as the others was genrilising them as other classes trooper = comandos

Just an fyi for you is you check logs on torparser Merc's/commandos are right behind Anni Maras and Snipers in terms of dps PVE wise. No one should be held to a lower standard.. just sayin

Just an fyi for you is you check logs on torparser Merc's/commandos are right behind Anni Maras and Snipers in terms of dps PVE wise. No one should be held to a lower standard.. just sayin

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but how do you search for a specific advanced class for a specific fight? I can see the top XX for a fight with all AC's (pretty much useless as most of them aren't achieved on a boss kill), or searching by AC for all fights. I just can't see a way to get both.

Hi there, i'm a french gunslinger who down TFB HM and if it can help, i did videos of all bosses with my TORParse of that fights:

1st boss (The Writhing Horror) : 1913dps / 4min 56sec

http://www.torparse.com/a/39854

2nd boss (The Dread Guards) : 1647dps / 6min 51sec (bad try)

http://www.torparse.com/a/39817

3rd boss (Operator IX) : 1432dps / 9min 7sec

http://www.torparse.com/a/39821

4th boss (Kephess the Undying) : 2682dps / 5min 59sec

http://www.torparse.com/a/41079

5th boss (The Terror from Beyond) : 1391dps / 14min 15sec

http://www.torparse.com/a/39822

To have an idea of my dps on Ops dummy i do approximalty 1850 dps on 5min or more, my best score is 1946dps/324sec, i put the video and the TORParse too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV3RMWmQUXY

http://www.torparse.com/a/39823

Akopra :)

PS : for the TORParse of my video on the Ops dummy, you have to make between 18:46:32 and 18:51:57

Edited by Fedenip

Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but how do you search for a specific advanced class for a specific fight? I can see the top XX for a fight with all AC's (pretty much useless as most of them aren't achieved on a boss kill), or searching by AC for all fights. I just can't see a way to get both.

I was linked the info, ill see if i can get it tonight the guy wasn't around yesterday. Check back here around 8-9 pm eastern. Come to think of it, it may have come from askmrrobot if i get some more free time here at work ill try and find it

This thread is ridiculous. Of course DPS on a dummy is an important check. If a player can't get at least 1700 over 5 minutes it means they don't know their rotation or aren't geared.

If you're actually going to do this, then understand class limitations. I'm a DPS sage with 5 pieces of dread guard, and I've got almost full 63 rating mods and enhancements, and I can barely scrape 1600+ on a dummy due to them resisting the kind of damage I do for some reason. In raids with some of the best sentinels and gunslingers around, I'm always #1-3 on our meters because I know how to play my class. Just be cautious. Numbers aren't everything.

If you're actually going to do this, then understand class limitations. I'm a DPS sage with 5 pieces of dread guard, and I've got almost full 63 rating mods and enhancements, and I can barely scrape 1600+ on a dummy due to them resisting the kind of damage I do for some reason. In raids with some of the best sentinels and gunslingers around, I'm always #1-3 on our meters because I know how to play my class. Just be cautious. Numbers aren't everything.

Yeah. I'm nowhere near that elite level, more at the EC SM stage than TFB HM, but I do think numbers in the field are what count. What about classes like Lethality Sniper, who do bonus internal damage and have extra attacks when the target is at low HP? That's never going to be reflected on a combat dummy. You never even get to use your Takedown. They're great on bosses with high armouring too because of internal damage. I get the same numbers on a dummy with Marksman and Lethality; I get much higher numbers in the field on Lethality.

Edited by Ms_Sunlight

I would argue that if a person does bad DPS, the probably don't have the situational awareness/skill that's being discussed in this thread.

Note that by bad DPS, I mean someone doing much lower DPS given their current gear. So yeah, I would say a DPS floor is kind of important, especially considering 3 out of the 5 bosses have soft enrages.

This exactly. In the past I've had to deal with bad dps and generally bad numbers on a dummy and bad awareness go hand in hand. Not always, but usually.

Not to say that I don't also know a few people who can do great dps but occasionally get tunnel vision and need a verbal reminder that they need to do something other than stand there and kill things when the boss moves from a stand there and kill things phase to a run for your life phase.

Most ppl here are discussing the dps they do and not the requirement to do the ops. not every class does the same dps(they are between a 5% gap), like i said in my lasts post, BW did this ops taking into account a full campaign gear players or BH with same changes, but if you and your guild know what they are doing, even a litle bit less is fine.

My ops group didnt have all players in full campaign,i didnt have full campaign (but did have all gear augment), and we did fine, having TFB HM on farm for weeks

Edited by ErosGyne

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog

there you go it is a limited sample because only people who upload to askmrrobot are there but u get a good sample size

also as a guild leader you should probably start using swmonitor because you can get everyones combat logs through there and upload them askmrrobot and search for what ever youd like without having to chase everyone around to get the to upload logs

Edited by wetslampigduex

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog

there you go it is a limited sample because only people who upload to askmrrobot are there but u get a good sample size

also as a guild leader you should probably start using swmonitor because you can get everyones combat logs through there and upload them askmrrobot and search for what ever youd like without having to chase everyone around to get the to upload logs

Thanks for that. Still no uploads for Terror unfortunately. I should probably set myself some reminders and upload my logs to both after the ops.

Thanks for that. Still no uploads for Terror unfortunately. I should probably set myself some reminders and upload my logs to both after the ops.

My guild has uploaded a few logs to ask mr robot to get them ranked and terror does not show even when we have cleared HM in one night. It is probably due to no one in the raid actually "killing" terror when he reaches 3% so it doesn't register and that is probably the same for other guilds as well that have the first 4 fights ranked.

Ah, that makes sense.

Anyway, to the original question, there is no real answer. Survive and beat the mechanics, if you hit hard enrage you aren't doing enough, if you don't the boss is dead and you win. No real way to test until you actually do the fight.

The dummy is not an operations boss..

I would still never, ever, ask for a persons dps parse from a dummy as proof they are able to do an operation.

How would you measure healers and tanks like that on the same scale? Being good at those roles mean much more than having certain stats or whatever arbitrary measurement you could come up with.

Basically.. At some point someones gear will be good enough to do 1500dps while banging their face on the keyboard, and they still wouldn't be able to kill anything in an operation..

yes being a good player is important but having a benchmark DPS parsed on an operations dummy will set a good benchmark to compare against people you know can make it through. he has a reasonable idea and a reasonable post.

id say your requirement range is reasonable if not a bit on the high end. and i would say it would have to varry a bit from class to class. example: if a sentinal was putting out only 1500 DPS i would certainly not take him into HM TFB

On a operation dummies with a Senti optimized i'm around 2100 during a 5 min 15 sec test.

A real fight in operation is very different than a test on dummies.. If there are some problems during the fight , you have to slow your dps because of a switch or you have to step back because you take too much dammage, or you looking for a add but he is "running away".. these reasons are classic reasons for explaining the differences between a test on a dummies and a real fight. And that's the main quality of a DPS I guess, it's to be quick , efficient and avoid all the little moves

On a operation dummies with a Senti optimized i'm around 2100 during a 5 min 15 sec test.

A real fight in operation is very different than a test on dummies.. If there are some problems during the fight , you have to slow your dps because of a switch or you have to step back because you take too much dammage, or you looking for a add but he is "running away".. these reasons are classic reasons for explaining the differences between a test on a dummies and a real fight. And that's the main quality of a DPS I guess, it's to be quick , efficient and avoid all the little moves

Mind putting up your parse, and is that with a stim and adrenal?

They don't resist any of the damage you do. I'm full 61 with a few 63 pieces of healing gear but I sometimes have to step in to dps, I get 1,700+ on the dummy as a sage in my healing gear.

http://www.torparse.com/a/44374

This is a 2124 when i stop testing but the time the fight end.. it became a 2084

This is not a perfect test i didn't have a perfect coordination between the different powers but it stays as a good test.

i use a +128 stim and no adrenaline.

You are not on the ops dummy (i see "mannequin d'entraînement au combat" in french, and i'm french too, the good dummy is "cible d'entraînement d'opération de type 5" in the Gav Daragon or "mannequin d'entraînement des opérations" in your ship)

And to speak about the thread, i think 1500 dps on the ops dummy is a good begining to go on TFB HM, but when we have more it's easier for many bosses, like the 1st, if the group has a good dps, there is 3 jealous male and not 4, or on the 2nd boss, to have just 1 phase of separation of the group and not 2 (when we are on Heirad)... there is an example for every bosses.

And for sure there is not just the dps on the ops dummy, the most important for me is the dps on every boss, and for TFB HM i think many (to don't say every) bosses need many phase of burst, so i prefer a guy who does 1750 dps on the ops dummy on 5min or more with the spec "sharpshooting" for gunslinger or "combat" for sentinel than a guy who does 1800 dps on the ops dummy on 5min or more with the spec "dirty fighting" for gunslinger or "watchman" for sentinel (dot spec)

PS: another time sorry for my english i hope you will understand what i say because like i said i'm french and not perfect in english :)

Edited by Fedenip

In my raid I expect at least 1,500+ DPS on the operations dummy from a geared/optimized player. If the character is lesser geared you would need to take that into account.

I'd agree with 1500 being a good baseline number for TfB HM with raid buffs and stim. That doesn't mean you can't bring a 1400 DPS player along, but you might need to compensate for that with a stronger DPS or two.

And to speak about the thread, i think 1500 dps on the ops dummy is a good begining to go on TFB HM, but when we have more it's easier for many bosses, like the 1st, if the group has a good dps, there is 3 jealous male and not 4, or on the 2nd boss, to have just 1 phase of separation of the group and not 2 (when we are on Heirad)... there is an example for every bosses.

^ This. The number on ops dummy is one thing...being able to reproduce that in an ops fight is another. The real DPS test is NOT getting the 4th male, or the second lightning storm, or failing yellow phase. The ops dummy parse tells you the potential output of the player...these things tell you how much of that potential has been realized.

It also helps to understand that output will naturally rise as players gain experience in the fights. As an example, my commando hits 1600-1700 on the ops dummy, but the first time I did the Dread Guard, my DPS was around 1050-1100 over the fight. Looking at my combat logs later, I found lots of cases where I just forgot to do my rotation and spent 20s or more hammer shotting away because I was more focused on all the moving and mechanics. As I've gotten used to it, my DPS has come up to around 1350.

By comparision, I'm still not very comfortable with the Kephess fight, and my DPS is pretty much all over the place.

PS: another time sorry for my english i hope you will understand what i say because like i said i'm french and not perfect in english :)

Wouldn't have known if you hadn't mentioned it.

Sure i completely agree with the fact the dps on the ops dummy is to see the potential, that's why i said there is not just that to be good in TFB HM... and to have habits on bosses helps, it's sure, but yes if you don't have more than 1400 dps on the ops dummy on 5min or more, you have to practice on it before :)

And that's why i've made on the 4th page, my dps on all the bosses of the ops with videos (1k9 on the 1st, 1k6 on the 2nd, 1k4 on the 3rd, 2k6 on the 4th, 1k4 on the last) to have a point of comparaison for gamers who want one to progress on all the bosses and not just on the ops dummy, and i invite every players who do TFB HM to do that to helps players who are beginning, because me it's for gunslinger (range dps who can aoe) i think it's not the same role for a sentinel on every bosses for example :)

Akopra =)

Edited by Fedenip