Synthweaving with armormech set bonues and armormech with armormech set bonus?

PatT

What is the deal here? There are 2 sets avail on Kia whatever his name is, and one is for Synthweaving with an Armormech set bonus, and the other is for Armormech with an armormech set bonus. Is one of these a misprint??

2ndly, the First set for Synthweaving and the 2nd set for Synthweaving are BOTH Head, Chest and waist. What is that about? I go tthe first set, and it's head chest and waist. The 2nd set also says that.

Does anyone proofread these descriptions? What am I actually buying??

ignore the subtext, it's just

<Craft Skill> Set <#>

the craft skill is the one that makes it and the set # is which set bonus it has of the ones that craft makes

Synthweaving makes "Force Bound" (Warrior/Guardian, Set 2) and "Controller" (Inquisitor/Consular, Set 1)

Armormech makes "Escape Artist" (Agent/Smuggler) and "Woad's Instinct" (Hunter/Trooper)

I can't remember which is #1 and which is #2 from those, and I haven't crafted them yet because they're too expensive

Edited by Void_Singer

Crafted a Synthweaving set 1 body set this am and what a complete waste of materials and effort. Received a Sage/Counselor combat set. The description was for an armormech bonus set. I was expecting something with a crafting bonus and got a worthless set of crap gear for sage/counselor. The description of the set and what you get are not close and with no preview of the eventual set we are set up to waste credits and mats on something we have no use for. Thanks for the useless Bait and Switch. At least I won't waste any more tech fragments or mats ever buying crap schematics from Kyzan again.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, these crafted armors are worth quite a bit to their respective professions judging by the prices of 20-70 million per piece. Of course the GTN value of the ingredients (which are important for augments) equal or exceed what people pay for the armor. The misleading labels seem both pointless and intentionally annoying.

Crafted a Synthweaving set 1 body set this am and what a complete waste of materials and effort. Received a Sage/Counselor combat set. The description was for an armormech bonus set. I was expecting something with a crafting bonus and got a worthless set of crap gear for sage/counselor. The description of the set and what you get are not close and with no preview of the eventual set we are set up to waste credits and mats on something we have no use for. Thanks for the useless Bait and Switch. At least I won't waste any more tech fragments or mats ever buying crap schematics from Kyzan again.

What were you expecting? What’s a crafting set bonus? All possible set bonuses were in the patch notes, none of them were a “crafting set bonus”. This is a ignorance problem.

Actually, these crafted armors are worth quite a bit to their respective professions judging by the prices of 20-70 million per piece. Of course the GTN value of the ingredients (which are important for augments) equal or exceed what people pay for the armor. The misleading labels seem both pointless and intentionally annoying.

The key is your second line - the materials are worth more than the finished item, and as they cannot produce a second item on crit (like with a modification), it makes crafting these pointless.

What were you expecting? What’s a crafting set bonus? All possible set bonuses were in the patch notes, none of them were a “crafting set bonus”. This is a ignorance problem.

because they always tell us everything in the patch notes? because we shouldn't trust what the game is telling us without having to look up bug fixes?

believing either of the two things I listed is even more ignorant than those you listed, so you may wish to check your high horse at the door.