Successful Black Hole Implant RE

Seront

What materials are required if you dont mind me asking.

Not much point in me trying to RE an implant if I cant afford to make them in return.

You won't be able to make them unless you're loaded or part of a guild. =)

• 4 months later...
Just an FYI. Just bought one off of the commendations vendor and successfully reverse engineered it. It did have a tooltip telling me a 20% chance. Made a couple, but alas, no crits! ;)

Anyone know if you can RE a BH implant someone else made?

thanks!

Anyone know if you can RE a BH implant someone else made?

thanks!

AFAIK, you can never RE anything anyone else made. I may be wrong about the lower-level stuff, because I haven't tried it. But for 100% certain you cannot RE BH/Campaign stuff someone else made.

What materials are required if you dont mind me asking.

Not much point in me trying to RE an implant if I cant afford to make them in return.

This is what I found as well.

The BH implants require 6 grade 8 mats (molecular stabilizer x 4, synthetic energy matrix x 2) and radio active paste as well as some normal crafting mats.

The only way to obtain these level 8 mats is through raiding EC, off the GTN, or through space comms crafting mat boxes.

Since the BH implants are easily obtainable now (available off the vendor for 35 BH comms) people are no longer willing to pay millions for these so it may not be a profitable endeavor to craft and sell the BH implants. On my server the implants sell for around 600K now - it makes more sense to me (profit wise) to just sell the mats if you have them.

I got my schem very early on so I was able to sell for 1.5 mill. However, with the introduction of a myriad ways to get BH comms I now only craft for guildmates, as 600K or so is not profitable.

The exception may be if you RE implants other than MK-1s (these are not available off the BH vendor but only drop in EC) and thus are able to offer implants that aren't very easily obtainable - you may be able to set a good price for these implants.