Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Vanguard class issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Consolidated Vanguard class issues

Thuull
01.18.2012 , 09:16 AM | #21
Excellent post.

Add me to the "not changing positions on storm and harpoon". It belongs where it is.

Add me to the list of people who see pvp shielding in its current incarnation to be extremely disappointing. "Being a Tank" in pvp should be much more than it is...i.e. not defined by whether or not you use an ability available to all trees (albeit by neglecting the weapon stance designed for their tree) on other players.

Also, add me to the list of people who find the 31pt def talent to be very lackluster...and major kudos to whoever came up with the idea of adding a taunt to it. That's a very minor change, but that small add would suddenly make going to 31 in that tree an important priority. As is for right now, PvP tanking consists of NOT going to the top of your defense tree...and that's wrong.

Guurzak
01.18.2012 , 09:36 AM | #22
Updated to note community division regarding storm/harpoon swap.

Thanks all for feedback- please keep posting, we want this doc to be as comprehensive as possible and reflect the consensus of the community, not just any one guy's beefs.

Dannicus
01.18.2012 , 09:47 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Guurzak View Post
4D) There's widespread feeling that that Harpoon and Storm should be reversed: Storm shold be moved to the baseline as it is useful for all Vanguard specs (Just as Force Leap is for knights), while Harpoon is specifically of interest to tank specs. Note that the community is split on this point with a significant number of players preferring the current implementation.
When they pushed storm higher up in the tree during beta, I was surprised. I was really getting used to using it because my most valuable skills were close range and melee. After they made the change, I felt rather convinced that Storm should just be baseline around level 20 for all Vanguards since we're very front-line. Just keep its talents in the shield tree.

nleonard
01.18.2012 , 11:00 AM | #24
Just wanted to point out that every class gets a version of Blitz. It's simply designed to make PvE soloing quicker for everyone. Same with our ability that heals over time, but requires a companion to use.

Tatanka
01.18.2012 , 11:09 AM | #25
Thanks for putting this together, Guurzak.

One proposed fix for
6C) All appearance armor sets are useless except to light armor classes (consulars and inquisitors). Please offer medium and heavy appearance sets or implement some mechanism to have appearance sets adjust weight to match the wearer's needs.

Armor mod AC stats should be based off of the character's archetype and not the armor type it is slotted in. This would ensure that a character gets the maximum AC value available to them from their armor mod regardless of the modifiable gear's armor type.
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"
Click this not obnoxiously sized referral to add 7 days to your sub, a free server transfer, a jumpstart bundle, and more!
I get stuff,
you get stuff, we both save the galaxy!

Guurzak
01.18.2012 , 06:57 PM | #26
Added a comment about the [...] lockup aboard the Justice.

Artighur
01.18.2012 , 08:09 PM | #27
100% Especially on aggro issues.
Artighur - Ataraxia - Anchorhead

Mashien
01.18.2012 , 08:38 PM | #28
Excellent post, I agree with all of it and like that you have noted the split opinions on storm/harpoon.

grandmasterub
01.18.2012 , 08:52 PM | #29
storm should absolutely be a standard skill and harpoon a shield skill.

I feel like storming an enemy position should be a staple of all troopers wheras harpooning an enemy seems rather specialized.

If they switched it the skills would be similar to kinetic shadows where T5 gives them force pull (harpoon) and a class skill is "force speed" (essentially storm but crappier).
Rhaegar - Jedi Shadow Hyperspace Cannon
Trooperdude - Vanguard Hyperspace Cannon

All WZ Players Please Read

Sorny
01.18.2012 , 10:12 PM | #30
i just want to say they should fix defensive stats for pve too, as there are some bosses where you dont shield/def anything (annilation droid, soa etc.... please tell me if im wrong) and i find it stupid that there is no reason to stay in tank gear, when using a tank build in dps gear gives the same tanking advantage but with more dps.