Suggestion: Achievement Quests for Columi/Rakata/Campaign Weapons.

One of the more frustrating things in endgame is the RNGness of getting your high level weapons. Thankfully I have my Rakata main hand on my main, but it took over 10 HM KP kills to be lucky enough for it to drop.

I love that SM EC provides us an alternate route for getting Rakata gear, but what I'd really like to see is another way to get your weapon on same tier you are fighting.

So, why not give us an achievement quest for each tier? Kind of like you have for Mounts. Something like:

Slay Karagga on SM 0/5

Reward: Main Hand Columi Weapon Token

Slay Karagga on HM 0/5

Reward: Main Hand Rakata Weapon Token

Slay Kephess on HM 0/5

Reward: Main Hand Campaign Weapon Token

This way, even if the boss doesn't drop the weapon were still making progress *towards* getting the weapon. And that night spent in the Ops group doesn't feel so wasted. If you've killed Karagga 5 times, that means TEN main hand weapons have dropped in an EIGHT person group. You're well past the RNG liking you at that point.

Campaign tokens are not class bound, so there is no need for such a quest in EC. For EV and KP? Eh, I dunno. In my opinion, and no offense - we each play for our own reasons - if you're raiding just for gear and getting a drop is the only thing that makes a night of raiding "worth it" then you're in it for the wrong reasons. The fun is in killing the bosses with friends and the loot is just something you get for being successful.

The fun is in killing the bosses with friends and the loot is just something you get for being successful.

The flaw in this perspective is that if you're group wants to continue on to EC Story Mode and you're still using a Tionese weapon...you're more of a hindrance than a help.

And, fyi, getting loot is fun too.

If you want to go kill a boss with friends and don't care about look, then you can just continue to do EV Story Mode over and over and over and over...

...but if you want to progress with your friends and continue to have fun with them on new content, then you need the gear for it. Simple fact.

Just from Operations you have three chances at getting the MH each week(EV Hard/Nightmare, KP Normal for Columi; KP Hard/Nightmare for Rakata).

You can also run Lost Island a gazillion times a day for the Columi-MH.

And in spite of all that you can still not get it in three months time. Thanks for demonstrating my point. : )

And in spite of all that you can still not get it in three months time. Thanks for demonstrating my point. : )

It isn't the solution you are looking for, but you can stack a group for Lost Island with at least 3 members of the same class and greatly improve your odds of getting the columi weapon you are looking for. Consulars and Troopers can get all 4 members the same class, and basically guarantee it.

The flaw in this perspective is that if you're group wants to continue on to EC Story Mode and you're still using a Tionese weapon...you're more of a hindrance than a help.

And, fyi, getting loot is fun too.

If you want to go kill a boss with friends and don't care about look, then you can just continue to do EV Story Mode over and over and over and over...

...but if you want to progress with your friends and continue to have fun with them on new content, then you need the gear for it. Simple fact.

If someone was still using a tionese weapon in our raid when trying to do EC, i am sure the majority of people would be more then happy to help that person in pvp, where every votes for them, and in a night or two have enough comms to get a BM weapon for the barrel.