Chapter one ending for the Imperial Agent

Darth_Wicked

I finished it for the fourth time and bloody hell, that was absolutely amazing. :D

I don't make a habit of creating threads such as this but seriously, it went so beyond my expectations. To add context, I'm referring to the outcome where

You allow Jadus to fire the Eradicators, and afterwards, you sabotage his Dreadnought; as a result, the Dark Council and the Imperial navy dispatch several ships to detain him.

I had experienced the other ones already and I thought that

The one where you side with Jadus was unsurpassed.

How wrong I was.

Seeing

Darth Jadus stripped of power and humbled

rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. Still, kinda glad I got to experience them all. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Four times for three options... which one did you do twice?

There are four options from my experience, not three.

First time around: I joined Darth Jadus, betrayed Watcher Two and made Eradication Day a reality.

Second time around: I persuaded Darth Jadus to abandon his plan willingly and he went into exile.

Third time around: I disarmed the Eradicators and was forced to fight Darth Jadus, imprisoning him for a short time; if you do that though, he flees.

Fourth time around: I armed the Eradicators, pretended to have joined Darth Jadus but disabled his Dreadnought altogether; as a result, I was forced to fight him while the Dark Council honor guards and Imperial Navy were on the way to arrest him.

As you can see, four options.

Hell, if you want to explore every single outcome by the end of the game, you need like six Imperial Agents or so.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Interesting,

Is there much difference in his going into exile vs. him fleeing? My only high level agent became his Hand.

The difference is enormous, IMHO anyway. ;)

If you disarm the Eradicators and just trap him inside a shield, him fleeing feels anti-climatic; There is no closure, seeing that while you're powering down the Dreadnought, the shield goes down and he takes advantage of that to leave.

You never get to gloat or see Darth Jadus again throughout the storyline; on the other hand, no lives were lost.

If you arm the Eradicators however, pretend to join him, only to power down the Dreadnought in the meantime and allow Watcher Two to contact the Dark Council and Intelligence, it's just awesome.

Not only you get to fight and trap him, but you also get to gloat. You get to rub in his face that the all-mighty Darth Jadus failed; completely and utterly. :D

You also get to hear the desperation from Imperials throughout the galaxy, as they are hit by the Eradicators; That is by far the less pleasing part.

EDIT:

I misread your post. ;)

If you convince him to go into exile, he'll just leave willingly, promising to return further down the road, "years from now." It is an amiable departure, respectful.

If you fight him, it just feels anti-climatic as I mentioned earlier. There's no closure, since Jadus just leaves the scene and no words are exchanged following his defeat.

Both are perceived as LS outcomes however; Dunno if one of them will grant you extra LS points over the other.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well...I've done it twice. lol

Only did it the second time because the IA story was so good the first time. I don't choose for outcomes as you did OP, but rather roll LS/DS for each and sort of roleplay accordingly. IA was definitely more fun DS than LS.

Dunno what makes you think I didn't do exactly that.

Edited by Darth_Wicked