I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

Bioware disagrees with the part I bolded and underlined.

When? Where? Show proves of that.

BW says what you want to hear. If they said "they are only a small minority portion of the player base" (copyed what the other dude said) you would be raging as hell since launch.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The burden of proof is not on me. You can correct me with "accredited numbers with sources" if you like. But you can't tell me that I cannot share my opinion unless I can prove it.

Where is it that I said you couldn't share your opinion? Did I miss something I wrote? I asked you to present the facts that you base your opinion on. You started this thread, means the burden of proof IS on you.

But if we are free to just state opinions here and not have to back them up I'll say that the vast Majority of players want SGRs and therefore it should be at the top of the priority list.

The fact is, SGRs are going to be added in Makeb, If you are hoping to have this fact changed, you need to present facts. Or was there something else you hoped to accomplish with this thread?

From the great majority of posts, even from threads that were swiftly ripped away from the official forums. Also from several other websites talking about it, and their comments therein that I've viewed, related to the subject if SGR was a feature that was really necessary at this point. I have to say that the consciences of respectful and relevant comments didn't mind the inclusion, but, it was also mentioned that those development resources should've been put to better use for other more vital features asked for. At least the features they felt were more important for the over all improvement of the game as a whole. That makes perfectly logical sense to me. However, everyone says, not all will like a certain feature or care for it. But the vast majority do. And that is what its all about. You want specific numbers? Research is your friend.

I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

If I were to take a stance, its against people making stuff up.

That is something I agree with wholeheartedly.

I'm just tired of seeing people pulling majorities/minorities out of thin air and labeling them for gospel truth and then using the feeble deflect that it's just "an opinion". If you invoke this show me a link with factual numbers that I can see with 50%+1 or 50%-1

If you don't have it, keep that argument out of your post.

I think the most important thing we need to keep in mind is their story and art teams can do whatever they want. So if they can pull off SGRs while keeping all the highlights any of us can agree on, is it that bad. Must one aspect be demonized by arguing it takes away creativity on another front? How do you know this? Are you certain? Edited by tXHereticXt

When? Where? Show proves of that.

BW says what you want to hear. If they said "they are only a small minority portion of the player base" (copyed what the other dude said) you would be raging as hell since launch.

Here:

We have good numbers, after all, on the number of people who actually used similar sorts of content in DAO and thus don’t need to resort to anecdotal evidence to support our idea that their numbers are not insignificant

http://www.nomorelost.org/2011/03/25/straight-male-gamer-told-to-get-over-it-by-bioware/

Yes, he was writing about Dragon Age at the time, but there's no reason to believe the numbers have changed in this Bioware game, since similar things were also said about SGRas in the Mass Effect games. A LOT of gamers try this kind of content.

Edited by Caelrie

From the great majority of posts, even from threads that were swiftly ripped away from the official forums. Also from several other websites talking about it, and their comments therein that I've viewed, related to the subject if SGR was a feature that was really necessary at this point. I have to say that the consciences of respectful and relevant comments didn't mind the inclusion, but, it was also mentioned that those development resources should've been put to better use for other more vital features asked for. At least the features they felt were more important for the over all improvement of the game as a whole. That makes perfectly logical sense to me. However, everyone says, not all will like a certain feature or care for it. But the vast majority do. And that is what its all about. You want specific numbers? Research is your friend.

Again, I must ask for your collected statistics. You claim a "majority" yet you resort to conjecture without any evidence to back up what you claim to be a "majority".

Again, I must ask for your collected statistics. You claim a "majority" yet you resort to conjecture without any evidence to back up what you claim to be a "majority".

Hahahaha no, this is not a court room. I always laugh when others demand something from someone else on here or its BS if they dont. Respectfully, if you need those numbers, you will have to do the same as I have and provide for yourself. I won't do other peoples work for them. I'm much to busy for that lol. I'm stating what I know to be true from my observations. that is all. You can accept that, or argue it with your own views. But don't ask me to do work for you.

Best regards.

Edited by xorcist

Here:

http://www.nomorelost.org/2011/03/25/straight-male-gamer-told-to-get-over-it-by-bioware/

Yes, he was writing about Dragon Age at the time, but there's no reason to believe the numbers have changed in this Bioware game, since similar things were also said about SGRas in the Mass Effect games. A LOT of gamers try this kind of content.

Thank you. Finally something worth chewing on. If it was posted before and I missed it, I apologize.

However, to counter... He talks about how the number of people who chose to partake in the SGR bits of Dragon Age and Mass Effect (which I would concede as a good indicator of who would do it in TOR) being not insignificant.

First, let me be clear. It was never my intention to label anyone as insignificant. Now, that said, does he say anywhere how much of that (not insignificant) player base who chose to partake in SGRs were young males who just wanted to see some girl/girl action?

My main contention is that those who see SGRs as a necessity for this game are a very small portion of this player base. If you want to count in young males who simply want to see some girl/girl action, then that base significantly increases. Though, it could also be said that those young males would not be bent if they did not get to have their girl/girl interactions.

Therefore, the inclusion of SGRs satiates a much smaller portion of the player base than something like guild functionality and amenities would.

I will reiterate for those who do not seem to understand... I am not advocating for the removal or delay of SGRs being that they are obviously on their way. This thread is about the contention that other things should have (past tense) been prioritized ahead of them to impact the most players.

I will reiterate for those who do not seem to understand... I am not advocating for the removal or delay of SGRs being that they are obviously on their way. This thread is about the contention that other things should have (past tense) been prioritized ahead of them to impact the most players.

Exactly.

And allow me to reiterate for those who do not seem to understand the other side.... The teams working on SGR are just one of MANY teams that BW has working on the game and they are NOT the teams that would be working on the things your asking for. The "Story and Lore" team would have nothing at all to do with "Guild Functionality", for example, and therefore would not slow down development of those features AT ALL.

First, let me be clear. It was never my intention to label anyone as insignificant. Now, that said, does he say anywhere how much of that (not insignificant) player base who chose to partake in SGRs were young males who just wanted to see some girl/girl action?

Why would he? Why you pursue the content is irrelevant.

Therefore, the inclusion of SGRs satiates a much smaller portion of the player base than something like guild functionality and amenities would.

Faulty logic. You can't separate consumers of content into multiple groups just so you can label them "real" or "fake" in order to make the groups smaller. Why they consume is completely irrelevant. A guy who just wants to see some girl/girl action is no less important or valid than a gay person who wants to see some girl/girl or guy/guy action in this context.

The ONLY reason for separating them would be to make marginalization easier.

BTW, did you read what David had to say about privilege and catering? It applies very much to what you wrote.

Those things have been prioritized for years. So again, I'm not sure why you're complaining.

Edited by Caelrie

Why is this thread still going? :rak_02:

People are just talking in circles. No, this isn't important for the game. Probably 30 little lines of flirt and and a couple of scenes that fade to black scene isn't a "romance story" it doesn't affect you story-wise.

But I don't think it takes a lot of resources to make this happen, I assume that "Story and Lore" writers are working on this like many others have posted. So it's not taking anything from

A. PVP Workers

B. Operations Programmers

C. Guild Functionalities workers

D. Any Bug Fixes.

Leave it be. It's a Bioware game. It's kind of Expected, but it's alas useless.

As others have said, I doubt this has taken much resources from the game development. They have probably just included it in the general dialogue. I am actually surprised it was not added to begin with, as Bioware has always had a positive stance on SGR. I find it to be a positive thing that they actually want to please what some of your call the "minority", even that is impossible to know without proper research. It is nice to know that they don't only care about Raiders and PvP players, but also those of us that care more about our characters story and our connection to these characters..

SWTOR has two things that differentiate it from other MMOs, that is story and companions, the fact that companions are completely neglected at end game is sad.

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

We do appreciate when anyone has taken the time to express their thoughts and concerns. We will be closing this thread, as there is little room for constructive discussion. However, we do value any feedback and do encourage anyone to voice their feedback on the forums in a reasonable manner. We only ask that feedback focus on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ itself, and that it is constructive and as detailed as possible. If you would like to discuss the inclusion of SGRs, and the possibilities that that may bring, we ask that you go to this thread.

We thank you for your time and your understanding that we've closed this thread.