it's annoying to be Healer / Tank , and remove the Hit Rating stat already

banimoka

- the constant switching from Heal <> DPS is very annoying

- the buttons are not saved , the Utility Points are not saved

- and u have to change gear too because of the " stupid " Hit Rating stat that for some reason still plagues this game 5 years after it was released

- make an option to save 2 specs

- and while u are at it remove tanking gear from the game and let tanks be viable with the same gear they do dps in

- and u have to change gear too because of the " stupid " Hit Rating stat that for some reason still plagues this game 5 years after it was released

- and while u are at it remove tanking gear from the game and let tanks be viable with the same gear they do dps in

We all agree that saving ability placement and utilities would be amazing.

But these 2 things you said... Oh god.

But removing tanking gear... no... just no...

- u can't really be serious , how can u enjoy walking around with 2 sets of gear all the time all the time

- enter dungeon - ... switch to tank gear ....

- exit dungeon - do a daily ... switch to dps gear

- another dungeon - ...switch to tank gear ....

- the constant updating all the gear , and u don't even know if u need absorb or shield rating , i'm not even going to go into the credit cost

- u can't really be serious , how can u enjoy walking around with 2 sets of gear all the time all the time

- the constant updating all the gear , and u don't even know if u need absorb or shield rating , i'm not even going to go into the credit cost

Lol I have 3 sets of gear I use regularly.

For PvE tanking, the def/shield/absob is useful. If you don't run it you're being heal carried as a tank.

For PvP tanking, I don't find it useful, thus i run tank armoring with high endurance power/alacrity/crit mods and enhancements. (I.e. skank setup).

For dps I have a dps set (duh lol).

If you don't want to swap to tank in a FP don't queue as tank. Simple enough really. I run heroics/dailies as a tank waiting for queues all the time.

OP, I'd never allow a tank in a group I was in without tank gear. I'd boot them out. Simple reason Healing a tank without Mitigation is a PiTA for the healers. Having multiple sets of gear really isn't much of an issue especially with Operation bosses droping loot since April. The previous poster is 100% correct. If you do not want to tank, don't have it checked before you queu. Edited by Toraak

Removing Tank Gear and having some sort of multi-stat-gear would be very interesting. That would prevent the skank-tank-issue in PvP.

So, we just put Tank-Stats on the normal gear and give Tanks a passive, that Crit/Alacrity Rating don't have any effect on them. The same buff can be given to DPS regarding Defense, Shield and Absorb. We can possibly trigger that effect via the equipped Offhand. Shield = Shield+Absorb+Defense, everything else = Crit, Accuracy, Alacrity. That would probably allow Skank-Tanks without a shield generator, but that shouldn't be a major problem.

The reason is easy: When you want to do more DPS, spec DPS, when you want to receive less damage, spec Tank. There should not be a major problem, farming dailys with a bit lesser damage, or even in DPS-spec.

Edited by Exocor

Removing Tank Gear and having some sort of multi-stat-gear would be very interesting. That would prevent the skank-tank-issue in PvP.

So, we just put Tank-Stats on the normal gear and give Tanks a passive, that Crit/Alacrity Rating don't have any effect on them. The same buff can be given to DPS regarding Defense, Shield and Absorb. We can possibly trigger that effect via the equipped Offhand. Shield = Shield+Absorb+Defense, everything else = Crit, Accuracy, Alacrity. That would probably allow Skank-Tanks without a shield generator, but that shouldn't be a major problem.

The reason is easy: When you want to do more DPS, spec DPS, when you want to receive less damage, spec Tank. There should not be a major problem, farming dailys with a bit lesser damage, or even in DPS-spec.

The issue with skank tanks is half gear and half the dps specs of guardians and VG quite frankly suckin PvP. Not because they can't do damage but because they die in seconds. Fix this issue and the skanks that are fed up dps that don't tank PvP properly anyway might go back, no?

As for tanks who skank in PvP (i.e. me) I do it because tank gear does nothing for my survivability. Contrary to what appears to be mistaken popular belief. I do not do more dps than a dps character. I have aoe fluff and greater survivability and that leads to high damage numbers.

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you need to switch for dailies? I main a sin tank, never switch from tanking spec or change gear in the slightest. I still shred through the dailies.

Why would you need to switch for dailies? I main a sin tank, never switch from tanking spec or change gear in the slightest. I still shred through the dailies.

'cause Depredating Volt do not kill instantly, it kills at the end of the cast, and that's too long :p

*joking*

Like others said, if you don't like to switch gear every time, then stop switching spec.

Even though the ability to save a setup would be amazing, I reckon that.

FYI I've got two different set of gear minimum for every class in the game, even for those who are dps only (sniper/mara), all are at least 236 and fully augmented. The time to grind isn't an issue, same as the time needed to switch gear (1 click per second, 14 slot. If you're complaining about loosing 14 seconds in your life by doing so then... why are you on swtor to begin with ? There are far better way to spend those hours of playtime :rak_02: )

• 1 month later...

it just requires a bit of thinking. It's a perfectly justified request to remove tank gear.

Obviously, there are issues that would need to be considered such as :

Set bonus : this could be tired to your advanced discipline, similar to how you have utilities that do different things based on which discipline you choose. So they'd just reprogram armourings to be reactive to your discipline, just in the same way they removed class specific stats and replaced them with mastery.

Mitigation: this would have to be tired to your discipline stance and scale with your Armour rating.

DPS/Healing : same as above: tied to discipline and Armour rating