Flashpoints with story?

Slecnaztemnot

I play the game mostly because I really enjoy the story. I don't really play FPs and Heroic mission, because so far, people I have met mostly kept asking me to skip everything, which I wasn't very happy about. (well, It's also because I am not a very good player and I don't want to slow others down or be the cause of their death)

I tried Group Finder a few times, and it was terrible experience for me, everyone kept bothering me to skip, skip, skip and we were running like mad through the content, like someone was chasing us. So I was planning to do FPs solo (when I will be overleved), only to know what they are about. But I have heard that some of the flashpoints don't really have a story at all...

So, which flashpoints are worth doing story wise? (beside Esseless and Black Talon) I heard about something with Revan...

You might want to seek out a guild who enjoys running flashpoints, the random finder can be a very bad experience for a lot of people. If someone tells you to mash your spacebar, just tell them you have never run it before, and would like to see the story. If they cannot handle that then they will usually just leave, most people are more then willing to do the cut ;)scenes if you ask. If not just do not talk at all, if they do not know who isn't skipping they cannot get pissy lol.

Not sure what other flashpoints have a good storyline other than the esseles and black tallon, at 15 I tend to just do KDY cause it is the only que that ever seems to pop up :(

If you are in a group of 4 people and someone says "press spacebar," immediately repeat in chat that you want to spacebar the conversation. Then don't press spacebar. No one will know that you didn't, they will assume someone else is the one not doing it.

Note: the above advice is only useful if you are a terrible, terrible human being.

The Jedi Prisoner story arc (Taral V and Maelstrom Prison for the Republic, Boarding Party and The Foundry for the Empire, in that chronological order) has some of the best story in the game. I also like:

-Directive 7: it's basically Animal Farm with droids.

-Battle of Ilum and its sequel The False Emperor: an attempted revolution within the Empire puts them and the Republic at odds with a common foe determined to carve out his own territory.

-Kaon Under Siege and its sequel The Lost Island: Star Wars editions of, respectively, Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

I also recommend The Eternity Vault, the first operation featured in the game. It's got its own self-contained storyline, it's got some fun mechanics (though with level 55s running around there's not much challenge in it any more), and it has a really cool final boss.

In German there is a saying: one cannot argue about taste. Asking why someone likes something... *yawn*

You can post in the server forum, and ask for people with the same taste. Or, if you have a thick skin, you can ask in fleet chat. Just be prepared to get sharky answers in the chat. (Forum too, sometimes, but less so). There is really nothing like playing the flashpoints at the right level, even story wise. And I have a hard time thinking of a flashpoint that has NO story. Granted, most do not really fit into a class story or such, but SOME sort of story, I thought, all have.

Why are you playing the Flashpoints for story anyway? they are just a conduit for leveling faster and grinding out gear in endgame, you should be playing you class' story for the story, not Flashpoints...

SWTOR = "Levelling as fast as possible" game ?

Sadly there is not much story in FPs anyway. FPs are about combat, about war, about battle, not about story, apart from Esseles / Black Talon.

The only FPs with a little bit more story I know of (Republic side) are the both Taral V / Maelstrom FPs.

They all have story.

None have as many and as long conversation cutscenes inside the flashpoint as Black Talon and Esseless, although there are several that come pretty close to having almost as many while others have much less.

Also few have story that involves a lot that happens outside the flashpoint itself.

The Jedi Prisoner story arc (Taral V and Maelstrom Prison for the Republic, Boarding Party and The Foundry for the Empire, in that chronological order) has some of the best story in the game. I also like:

-Battle of Ilum and its sequel The False Emperor: an attempted revolution within the Empire puts them and the Republic at odds with a common foe determined to carve out his own territory.

-Kaon Under Siege and its sequel The Lost Island: Star Wars editions of, respectively, Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil.

I also recommend The Eternity Vault, the first operation featured in the game. It's got its own self-contained storyline, it's got some fun mechanics (though with level 55s running around there's not much challenge in it any more), and it has a really cool final boss.

Thanks, that what I was looking for, I will look into them. :)

Why are you playing the Flashpoints for story anyway? they are just a conduit for leveling faster and grinding out gear in endgame, you should be playing you class' story for the story, not Flashpoints...

I am playing class story, I just wanted to know if I am not missing anything about the story if I skip Flashpoints.

After you finish your class story, you will receive a quest called "Crystal Ball" (forget what it's called for Imps) that takes you to Ilum. This questline involves two flashpoints, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor. Both are part of the story.

After you finish your class story, you will receive a quest called "Crystal Ball" (forget what it's called for Imps) that takes you to Ilum. This questline involves two flashpoints, Battle of Ilum and False Emperor. Both are part of the story.

Name of the Imperial Storyline to begin is "First Strike". If you enjoy story, I would highly suggest doing your flashpoints with a group of like-minded people. There are plenty of guilds willing to help you run through content and help you gear for them in the process!

Very good suggestions. A bit more detail:

- For most of the Flashpoints, to get the full story you have to talk to the flashpoint courier (usually a droid on Fleet or a questing planet), and then talk to your Flashpoint Authority (Satele or Malgus) on the FP entrance on Fleet. Group Finder skips these steps.

- To get the full storyline for The Jedi Prisoner and the Empire equivalent, it is specially important that you pick the courier mission, because there is a significant amount of story before the first FP, in between, and after the second one.

- Same with the Tion Hegemony storyline (Kaon and Lost Island). Besides, the reward for the storyline arc is a pretty awesome (for level 50) weapon.

- As mentioned, to get the most out of the story for Battle of Ilum and False Emperor FPs, you have to do all the lum storyline first.

I am also on Red Eclipse BTW and do not mind to watch cutscenes. :) What is your character's name?

I am also on Red Eclipse BTW and do not mind to watch cutscenes. :) What is your character's name?

Well, I have 8 characters... I am not sure what level you have to be to play these flashpoints, since I haven't really played them. (well, I only played Esseless and Black Talon) I have 41 lvl Sentinel, 45 lvl Sniper, 29 lvl Commando and some others at lower levels (usually level 20 or so) My sentinel is Raiyi, my sniper is Alwari and my commando is Zyii

Right! Taral V and Boarding Party are around level 34, and their followups for level 38. All 4 have a level 50 Hard Mode. Directive 7, Battle for Ilum, False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island are for level 50.

I guess none of your characters are a very good fit right now, but the Sniper and the Commando are close. :)

Right! Taral V and Boarding Party are around level 34, and their followups for level 38. All 4 have a level 50 Hard Mode. Directive 7, Battle for Ilum, False Emperor, Kaon Under Siege and Lost Island are for level 50.

I guess none of your characters are a very good fit right now, but the Sniper and the Commando are close. :)

Thank you. :) Well, then I will level some more and we will see...

Well, I have 8 characters... I am not sure what level you have to be to play these flashpoints, since I haven't really played them. (well, I only played Esseless and Black Talon) I have 41 lvl Sentinel, 45 lvl Sniper, 29 lvl Commando and some others at lower levels (usually level 20 or so) My sentinel is Raiyi, my sniper is Alwari and my commando is Zyii

Esseles/Black Talon: 10-14

Hammer Station: 15-19

Athiss: 19-24

Mandalorian Raiders: 23-29

Cadamimu: 28-33

Taral V / Boarding Party: 31-35

Maelstrom Prison / Foundry: 34-40

Colicoid Games: 40-45

Red Reaper: 44-48

Directive 7: 47-50

Siege of Illum and False Emperor: 49+

Lost Island and Kaon 50+

That's a very rough guideline of recommended levels and when you can queue up for all of the flashpoints.

Edited by Luneward

You could always just ignore the naggers and not skip. In some FP's that I've already run before, there tends to be at least one player that doesn't skip and I see "Waiting on other players" for a few seconds. I don't begrudge them.