Make class ships great again!

DarasuumVercopa

two little topics...

1. why are class ships since 4.0 empty, bring back the companions :(

missing my crew...

2. make it aviable to upgrade ships that every player can it decorate like a stronghold!?

only 100 or 200 hooks ._.

I think the topic of decorating starships has already been brought up and they aren't designed for that. I don't think they would hold up well with even a small amount of decorations.

That said I think the other thing is easily fixable. Any companions that you get back into the fold should rejoin you on your starship.

Your original companions are coming back to your ships if you found them. Lana and Theron are on your bridge as well.

What I would like to do is have several decoration hooks added to the ships so that you can move things around a bit to better suit your style and give a bit more uniqueness to the ships. That taking someone on your ship is rare, but this could be a big boost to QOL

for RP and everyone in particular.

I mean really I have my vendor droid in the lower cargo hold where every thing else is in the side room with my actual cargo hold on the upper level. Or that my mail box is on the bridge and not with the holocom.

Maybe I want to add bed to the ship where my cargo spot is on the jedi ship so my crew doesn't have to sleep on the floor? I could then move my cargo holds to the cargo hold.

Add a few pictures on the blank walls, ad some small decos or gasp a couch I can sit on or a game I could make it look like I was playing like the toy!!!

So many little things that could happen.

Another thing would be a free flying area for our ships. A practice area like for starfighter. Doesn't have to be that complicated. Maybe a hanger bay to land and take off from or a random target field to fly around in. Now this would be a major request suggestion. Still it is something that I am sure will make this game that much different than any other.

Another thing would be a free flying area for our ships. A practice area like for starfighter. Doesn't have to be that complicated. Maybe a hanger bay to land and take off from or a random target field to fly around in. Now this would be a major request suggestion. Still it is something that I am sure will make this game that much different than any other.

Well, any other except STO, where free-flying your ship (or occasionally your shuttle, see the mission Safecracking, for example), with combat (even if you're in a shuttle(1)) is an essential part of the game.

Plus it has assault cannons for ground combat.

(1) As the concept of a Star Trek shuttle goes - the equivalent of a little boat you can use to reach the shore from a big sea-ship on Earth - they're pretty heavily armed, in fact. And warp-capable.

I think it would be cool if we could get a option added in the ship section where was can add canons or shields, if a box that can be added for inter. You can add a inter item which would change the ships inter look.

I dislike the reference, cause the person that made that famous is doing anything but.

With that said, yes, i really want ships to matter again. I want to see my companions there and would like to redecorate.

Maybe we all get to upgrade to new and bigger class ships where the new things can be implemented. But keep the upgrades we got like vendors, dummy, etc.

Another cool idea was to actually give us new PvE space missions with them as well. In terms of equipment it can be reset cause it's a new ship.

Edited by Nemmar

It would be really great if they let us choose the companions that appear on our ships.

In the original storyline, you would be pretty much stuck with whoever the game allows you to recruit. The first class storyline I completed was the Bounty Hunter, and personally, if given the chance, I would have gladly brought Mako's friend Anuli aboard my ship on Nar Shaddaa and thrown Skadge out the nearest airlock after Belsavis.

But with all of those companions that you can recruit as the Alliance Commander, I would love to be able to customize my ship's crew.

I can think of several companions who I would happily replace with T7-01, Vette, Blizz, or even Gault. And for the classes that can get them, Mako, Nadia, and the Light Side Jaesa.

In particular, I'd love to lose Skadge. I didn't like Kaliyo or Scorpio, either.

I would replace C2-N2 with 2V-R8 in a heartbeat if I could ... I would replace C2-N2 with a plate of vegetables in a heartbeat if I could.

It would be cool to see Lana on the bridge, Theron by the holoterminal (so you'd always be wondering who he was just talking to and why he shut down the channel as you walked in), Koth in the pilot's seat, HK-55 standing guard by the entrance to the bridge with ZO-OM next to him ...

- make them a travel option ... 5 sec cast time , < the ship would fly low from orbit and hover so you can board it , maybe climb up via the batman hook >

- be able to fly the ship around the map like Grand Theft Auto airplanes

- be able to exit the planet with the ship like mass effect andromeda , and fly to other planets the same way

Minimally make some life on board the personal spaceship. Have the comp move about randomly. Have them check engine, sit in the pilot control looking to be guiding the ship or checking instruments, playing games or relaxing in one corner, doing something that seem sensible etc etc. Anything but just standing statue all day long which does not make sense. The comp are not being punished to stand all day long. Make it feel like home on board the personal spaceship. Have the comp do what you will do at home. Do you stand at a single spot all day long at home? Edited by Einobi

From Kotor the only comp that moved around was T3 plus it was so much easier to make the static. At least you can make them talk sort of.

Fix the comps so they do talk again. You know those moving lips the old comps have!

Edited by Hawkebatt

before anyone gets TOO carried away with their wishlist here for the very cool class ships...the programming that went into them has been said, by the devs, to be a complete tangled mess.

So much so that the current devs have zero interest in trying to untangle them.

The fact that they were able to squeeze a couple new companions in, from what they've said in the past, is pretty amazing.

They would have to make completely new "replica" ships using current programming to make them customizable (my presumption based on past threads).

If space PVE weren't so heavily exploitable, maybe they'd spend some time on it.

Sadly, they haven't touched it, or the ships, since the space PVE heroics when it became apparent that people weren't ready for them, and they were exploitable.

So it sits ignored.

Heck yes they could make Class ship strongholds.

I always read posts in these threads about how it would be too hard to redesign the Class ships, too likely to break Class missions, and so forth.

I don't see why that's an issue at all.

When you click the button to travel to your starship, or when you walk through the docking bay portal, the system simply sends you to a new, different location. That location, after you complete Chapter 3, can be a Stronghold that looks identical to your Class ship. It would be its own place with its own code, requiring no changes to the existing Class ships.

Edited by Xina_LA