Supposed "Skill Based" 1-49 Bracket

Krylaancelo

Taking 50s out of your bracket doesn't make it anymore skill based than it was before. It just allows you to be lazy in leveling and gearing whereas at 50 it is a lot less forgiving.

Congratulations on getting the playing field catered to mediocrity. I applaud you.

We should make it so no one higher than 49 can play warzones in my bracket cuz those high levels are so unfair to play with. It's their own fault for leveling so much. They should be ashamed and ridiculed for using their advantage against us! Get rid of them and then we can play skill-based games!!!

We should also make it so no one taller than 6' can play basketball in my bracket cuz those tall guys are so unfair to play with. It's their own fault for growing so much. They should be ashamed and ridiculed for using their advantage against us! Get rid of them and then we can play skill-based games!!!

The difference being, of course, that you can level and gear yourself whereas a short person can't make himself grow. But man, those unfair advantages are so unfair. Everyone should be equal at everything!!! Especially when the only difference in the equality is being lazy and not putting in the time to be good. I should be able to be awesome without effort! If someone works harder and puts more time in than me, I deserve to be their equal still!

Let's remove bolster entirely and see how "skill based" your game is. LOL!

In before random posts of "QQ more," "bad 50 can't beat up on level 10's," etc.

Sorry but there's no excuse for being a wimp and then being mad and outraged because you're a wimp without doing anything to better yourself. Stop blaming the game, the developers, the level 50s, expertise gear, and/or the enemy players. Maybe look within and try to improve instead. The world may be a better place if people did this more often instead of crying and whining and being entitled to their own little world.

Also if you were "so skilled," you would be able to beat a 50 anyway. Cuz you're elite, right?

You can't honestly answer "No" to any of these questions:

-Can you level to 50?

-Can you gear yourself up?

-Can you use consumables?

-Can you make a "premade" group with friends?

-Can you work on being a better player skill-wise?

If you can't answer No to any of those, why is the game at fault? Why aren't you at fault?

Edited by Krylaancelo

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love the 50 tears. what's wrong? can't win against other 50's? can't hide behind your gear?

So you didn't address any of the points I made. Ok. Next please.

And actually I win just fine. If I wasn't, I'd be doing what I said. Looking to improve gear, playstyle and class knowledge.

Edited by Krylaancelo

love the 50 tears. what's wrong? can't win against other 50's? can't hide behind your gear?

And actually I win just fine. If I wasn't, I'd be doing what I said. Looking to improve gear, playstyle and class knowledge.

Next please.

Edited by Krylaancelo

No, the problem is that we can't get into games: period. Some of my favorite matches have been pugging against my own guild's premade. Now, to just get a game, we're probably gonna just have to run 4 groups and trade wins.

So you didn't address any of the points I made. Ok. Next please.

That's because your post has no point. It's just you crying that you either a) can't beat up on lowbies anymore; or b) that you are getting rolled by 50's more geared or better than you.

Either way, it's pointless crying.

No, the problem is that we can't get into games: period. Some of my favorite matches have been pugging against my own guild's premade. Now, to just get a game, we're probably gonna just have to run 4 groups and trade wins.

That's your own fault for rolling what you knew was the more populated faction in what you knew was a game with no cross-server pvp.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Funny. The Republic win rate on my server went from 10-20% to 80-90%. Looks like Imps aren't so tough when they don't have 3-4x as many 50s as us to carry them.

Actually most of the good PvPers from the Imp side are going to be fighting in the 50 bracket leaving the bads who relied on the 50s to carry them behind.

A level 15 with bolster is much closer to a level 49 than a level 50 with max gear. It's not just the expertise, it's completing a spec and having a ton of other increased stats due to gear. For example I've seen a level 50 Vanguard with 21k health, I think the highest level 49ish I've seen in a WZ had 13k in tank gear.

Therefore a 10-49 bracket, it is a much more even playing ground.

Why would you trade wins? Hopefully you catch a ban for it.

Taking 50s out of your bracket doesn't make it anymore skill based than it was before. It just allows you to be lazy in leveling and gearing whereas at 50 it is a lot less forgiving.

Congratulations on getting the playing field catered to mediocrity. I applaud you.

We should make it so no one higher than 49 can play warzones in my bracket cuz those high levels are so unfair to play with. It's their own fault for leveling so much. They should be ashamed and ridiculed for using their advantage against us! Get rid of them and then we can play skill-based games!!!

We should also make it so no one taller than 6' can play basketball in my bracket cuz those tall guys are so unfair to play with. It's their own fault for growing so much. They should be ashamed and ridiculed for using their advantage against us! Get rid of them and then we can play skill-based games!!!

The difference being, of course, that you can level and gear yourself whereas a short person can't make himself grow. But man, those unfair advantages are so unfair. Everyone should be equal at everything!!! Especially when the only difference in the equality is being lazy and not putting in the time to be good. I should be able to be awesome without effort! If someone works harder and puts more time in than me, I deserve to be their equal still!

Let's remove bolster entirely and see how "skill based" your game is. LOL!

In before random posts of "QQ more," "bad 50 can't beat up on level 10's," etc.

Sorry but there's no excuse for being a wimp and then being mad and outraged because you're a wimp without doing anything to better yourself. Stop blaming the game, the developers, the level 50s, expertise gear, and/or the enemy players. Maybe look within and try to improve instead. The world may be a better place if people did this more often instead of crying and whining and being entitled to their own little world.

Also if you were "so skilled," you would be able to beat a 50 anyway. Cuz you're elite, right?

You can't honestly answer "No" to any of these questions:

-Can you level to 50?

-Can you gear yourself up?

-Can you use consumables?

-Can you make a "premade" group with friends?

-Can you work on being a better player skill-wise?

If you can't answer No to any of those, why is the game at fault? Why aren't you at fault?

Your post is salted with the tears of a 50 who misses grinding lowbies.

10-49 is much more competive and enjoyable

Actually most of the good PvPers from the Imp side are going to be fighting in the 50 bracket leaving the bads who relied on the 50s to carry them behind.

Most good PvP'ers I know aren't 50 yet because they don't focus on leveling and the PvP XP is weak. I'm sure when the WZ does finally pop for you, it won't be so easy as an Imp anymore. Enjoy the wait.

Edited by Ashanor

Funny. The Republic win rate on my server went from 10-20% to 80-90%. Looks like Imps aren't so tough when they don't have 3-4x as many 50s as us to carry them.

Yup, because it's a proven fact that all elite ninjas rolled on the Republic side. Republic is just inherently better. One faction is NOT better than the other by default. That is pure stupidity.

I'm glad you're winning, that shows you're doing something better, using some advantage against the Imperials. Whether or not that advantage is: Organization, Gear, Skill, etc. I don't know. I don't really care. This game and every other game like it are about capitalizing on that advantage.

Making special level brackets just encourages people to be okay with mediocrity and not seek to improve when it is well within their power to do so.

Yeah I guess we can't be surprised the bad 50s would be upset by this. In a skill based match up they are the bottom of the heap. Beating up out geared players was the only time they won.

Wrestling and boxing have weight classes so that the winner is based more on skill than an arbitrary pre-existing advantage. Just because people who are 50 and champ geared (or more) have more time on their hands than other people, does not mean they should be able to LOL-faceroll lvl 30 people with a job, school, and a wife/girlfriend. Gear and time put into your character still have an impact but this helps alleviate the severity of that impact to at least bring it more in line with skill-based competition.

That's because your post has no point. It's just you crying that you either a) can't beat up on lowbies anymore; or b) that you are getting rolled by 50's more geared or better than you.

That's your own fault for rolling what you knew was the more populated faction in what you knew was a game with no cross-server pvp.

I agree with the OP in that making ONLY a 50 bracket was a serious mistake. Queue times for 50's are now ridiculous, even on my high population server. 49's will still roll the low levels in warzones, simply because they have the skills and abilities the lowbies dont. THe point of bolster was to even the playing field, and its clear that it failed. Instead of tuning bolster, they made a 50 bracket screwing over end game pvp. This only added to the further "**** you" from bioware when they made valor from ilum as crazy as it is. Paired with queue times being 20 minutes+, its understandable why ilum ended up as it did.

Really? Feel free to quote me where I said any of that. Cuz I didn't.

If you actually read you'd see that I'm trying to change the mentality of people who think it's not okay for people to have advantages over them.

And I guess it's just wrong to play on a faction with friends and to not do research into population balances.

The derp is strong with this one.

they should just do what WoW did years ago make it 10 level brackets and no bolster at all. that way on average u are only 4-5 levels from your closest apponent and genearlly at lower levels that doesnt matter very much, and even if it does who cares. primary reason you are doing it is to gain exp, level some, and break up the questing gig.

Making special level brackets just encourages people to be okay with mediocrity and not seek to improve when it is well within their power to do so.

That's all well and good, but for the people who want to learn to improve, it's going to be MUCH easier for them to learn how to play better matched up against 10-49s than it would be if they were getting one-shot by 50 Operatives and having to try to deal with that 50 Vanguard's 21k health.

If you are for people learning how to play better, you also have to give them the venue for them to learn. Getting steamrolled by geared 50's isn't going to teach them anything other than "this isn't fun, I quit."

Really? Feel free to quote me where I said any of that. Cuz I didn't.

If you actually read you'd see that I'm trying to change the mentality of people who think it's not okay for people to have advantages over them.

And I guess it's just wrong to play on a faction with friends and to not do research into population balances.

The derp is strong with this one.

The only derp is from you saying that just because you didn't write it means that we can't make inferences.

You're not trying to change anyone's mentality, sorry. You're just sore that you are getting crushed in Huttball by geared Empire premades now instead of rolling Level 24 Republic players in Voidstar.

Edited by YanksfanJP

because the OP is a carebear pvp'er. They don't like pvp because they like pvp, they pvp to get gear to use a crutch to "pwn baddie nubs".

It's funny how people read this when I didn't say anything like that. I said, look within if you're having PvP trouble.

I'm actually not having any PvP trouble. If I was, I'd make a post talking about how things should be adjusted or asking for help to be better at the game.

I'm trying to get the point across that people who expect to be treated as "special" for not having the time to level should realize how stupid that is and how you shouldn't be treated "special" for being weak when it is well within your power to change.

Feel free to quote me where I'm talking about needing a gear crutch or how I'm losing at PvP though. Don't hold your breath while you search the OP for it though, you'll probably pass out.