Defeat Ancient Droids in Traitor among the Chiss

Anyone know how to defeat the Ancient Droid in Traitor among the Chiss? I watched a video that showed and told me how to do it, but doesn’t work when I actually put it into practice. The explosions and the mini droids are making it harder to try to concentrate solely and defeat the giant tin can.

You mean the first boss, Guardian Droid? What difficulty are you playing at? And what class are you?

If you're doing solo or story, you can basically ignore everything, put your comp to dps and nuke it. If you're restricted to Raina and she's still level 1 you can buy her the cheap rank 1 (200 credits each) imperial memorabilia gifts from the fleet vendor to make her more effective (same as every comp of course, just make sure to buy the gifts they like the best, you can google the list).

If you're soloing veteran, you can use a ranged comp as healer setting him in the one area that will never be covered by anything - to the bottom right of the droid as you enter - only kill the security droids and maybe one single tank droid to make some room for when they do their yellow aoes (not strictly necessary in vet tho). Or you can also put your comp to dps in vet and use the health stations to keep both of you alive, directing them to kill the adds while you take care of the big guy so you have aggro and can manage your defensive cooldowns against his more damaging attack moves (heat beam and armor piercing are the ones you want to have something ready for or run to a health station. the rest can be stepped out of).

If you're doing master mode (I assume with a group or you wouldn't ask for tips), the strategy is roughly the same: dps kill the security droids and one tank droid each time they spawn, then back on the boss. Get out of every colored circle on the floor pronto and when the mines shows up ignore adds and just burn the boss.

That's the one. I'm playing Solo mode and I'm playing as a Sith Inquisitor (sorcerer). If I put my comp on dps rather than heal, wouldn't I be defeated way too quickly. The combination of the Guardian Droid, the irritating mini droids and the explosions make it that much more challenging to stay in the fight and not keep getting defeated. I believe there are little healing stations but you can't always get to them in time. Edited by OrionTi

That's the one. I'm playing Solo mode and I'm playing as a Sith Inquisitor (sorcerer). If I put my comp on dps rather than heal, wouldn't I be defeated way too quickly. The combination of the Guardian Droid, the irritating mini droids and the explosions make it that much more challenging to stay in the fight and not keep getting defeated. I believe there are little healing stations but you can't always get to them in time.

well as a sorcerer you have range. place yourself near a healing station so that it doesn't take you too long to reach it, and when you have used that, move closer to the next. you also have force speed to move quickly.

don't bother killing the security droids, just focus the big one. or if you're unsure, keep the companion as a healer and still just focus the droid.

you might also want to look into how your offensive abilities work with each other, to improve your damage output so the fight will go faster :)