ideas for light/dark sides

vanderus

Currently, besides some equipment available or restricted either to one side or another, there isn't much difference between choosing light or dark sides. Some dialogue is different, but that's about it.

If I remember correctly, in the stand-alone KOTOR's the choice of light or dark side of the force granted quite different abilities. Undestandably, this type of implementation might be problematic in MMO, but this is my suggestion: give at least one specific 'lightside' or 'darkside' ability to all classes. For 'light' it could be an extra heal/HoT, for 'dark' it could be something evil, like stealing your companion life.

Also, having chosen Empire, the natural selection should be Evil/dark. If you choose light side of the force, the quests should be harder as a punishment for 'stepping ouf of the line'.

I mean, as a Sith Warrior, I am running errards for the evil Lord Baros, with two blue lightsabers. Would you not think he suspects something? (blue saber being restricted to light side and all).

Van

not to critisize BW, I think the game is going to turn out great once all the bugs are fixed, however I wish there was a bit flexibility with light/dark choices and the game. I think once the default-light-side character,acquires enough dark points they can swap to empire, and vice-versa. Smugglers and BH's could start as neutral and depending on their choices either move to the empire or the republic.