Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Event Pre-registration is now live!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Event Pre-registration is now live!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RaptureRocker
04.08.2015 , 06:35 PM | #31
Eric, pass it along to the Cantina Organizers that y'all need to come to the great state of Michigan! Maybe Ann Arbor, or Detroit.
CE Owner
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I've been thinking about stacking Accuracy and Alacrity on my tank... So I can taunt much faster, and make sure my taunts don't miss and accidentally hit a tree or something. That tree aggro can be pretty terrible.

KyaniteD
04.09.2015 , 09:56 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Nothing wrong with a little extra for those who attend though

-eric
Maybe not. But from the point of view of those who would love to attend the event just for the event's sake but just don't have the realistic means (flight, hotel etc.) to do it, it looks like they get nose-thumbed, while those who attend get double rewards - the live event and an exclusive reward for attending.
Darkvs.Light:
Shepard Effect ᶩ彡
Donate your referral to
Dulfy / MMO-Fashion TORCommunityMe

AhsokaNartano
04.09.2015 , 10:28 AM | #33
Have you considered doing this event in some other cities? Up to now all of the ones I have seen have been on the west coast, Austin, or NYC. For those of us in the Central or South East US, this presents a major investment in time and money for an event lasting only a couple hours. I cannot see making a plane trip, getting a hotel, and renting a car for a 2-3 hour event. Perhaps you might consider some other cities like Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, and Orlando.

This seems to be a fairly consistent complaint from players.

henriquecorseuil
04.09.2015 , 01:39 PM | #34
How unfair is that. So, who don't live there and cannot run thousands of miles will never see what those rewards are.

Not only inside the game, BW is crap outdoing things too.

You just gotcha my DISLIKE option for that.
Master Neykan (Jedi Sentinel) - "The White Jedi"
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

TravelersWay
04.09.2015 , 08:02 PM | #35
This
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
No there is something wrong with it. Its complete garbage Eric that people that actually attend it get more cause they are able to while players, EU players for example which are just as important as US players (which in my opinion BW keeps forgetting from time to time). I want the same chance on those rewards as physical people that come. That would be FAIR, what you do, is NOT FAIR.
This
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Maybe not. But from the point of view of those who would love to attend the event just for the event's sake but just don't have the realistic means (flight, hotel etc.) to do it, it looks like they get nose-thumbed, while those who attend get double rewards - the live event and an exclusive reward for attending.
And This
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaNartano View Post
Have you considered doing this event in some other cities? Up to now all of the ones I have seen have been on the west coast, Austin, or NYC. For those of us in the Central or South East US, this presents a major investment in time and money for an event lasting only a couple hours. I cannot see making a plane trip, getting a hotel, and renting a car for a 2-3 hour event. Perhaps you might consider some other cities like Indianapolis, St. Louis, Louisville, Cincinnati, Nashville, Atlanta, Chicago, and Orlando.

It's nice that some people can take time away from their real life responsibilities to attend one of these events, but what about the rest of those players. Are their $15 bucks a month not as good to get something via a livestream of the event (and not some crappy amateur video recording)? Or should they just unsub from the game so they can save up their money to make the trip instead?
Level Syncing Compromise
Legacy Skills Suggestion to eliminate the need for Legacy Datacrons]

Wretched Hive Recap - the SWTOR forum (and more) discussion show!

Drudenfusz
04.12.2015 , 01:05 PM | #36
The pre-registration seems rather pointless, since with rewards attached to that everybody is pre-registrating regardless if one can actually make it or not to an event, thus providing wrong data and expectations. I mean for the GamesCom I have neither an exact location (which is not that big of an issue), but I can registrate without even having the exact date?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

gbrumback
04.13.2015 , 06:44 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by AhsokaNartano View Post

Indianapolis would be great. We just had a con in March that featured Carrie Fisher, yeah, no Star Wars fans there. And in August we have GenCon, which I believe to be on of the largest, by attendance, gaming conventions in North America.
Harbinger
Geollelm Legacy
Dabaless Jeraria Chathko Wed'anee

ColaWindstar
04.13.2015 , 07:32 PM | #38
Gadzooks! Where the heck do I sign up for preregistering! This is gonna be the first time you guys are in my neck of the woods!

gsummers
04.16.2015 , 07:51 AM | #39
Where is the info for the event streaming? Will it be linked on the website? I'd like to tune in, but I can't find any directions on how or where to tune in.
In space, all warriors are cold warriors

The_Wulff
04.16.2015 , 09:40 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by ColaWindstar View Post
Gadzooks! Where the heck do I sign up for preregistering! This is gonna be the first time you guys are in my neck of the woods!
Pre-Registration

Quote: Originally Posted by Drudenfusz View Post
The pre-registration seems rather pointless, since with rewards attached to that everybody is pre-registrating regardless if one can actually make it or not to an event, thus providing wrong data and expectations. I mean for the GamesCom I have neither an exact location (which is not that big of an issue), but I can registrate without even having the exact date?
I took it to mean that the codes given out at the event will be different from the generated codes to share with friends. The printed event code may be a longer string of characters or may just be registered in their system differently. Either way I'm sure they have a system in place to tell the event code from the share codes.