explain me something...

AlCorazon

Guys... i have been meaning to understand something.

In a solo ranked match, people would straight go for the DPS jugg or Jugg tank .. or a PT... while they ignore the 2 mercs or snipers or even a single Sniper, who put out massive damage.

When I am a Single sniper in the match, I have around 25k HP... i am ignored... yet I melt the enemies face off.... if a jugg tank or jugg dps turn out decent, by the time they kill them, mercs and snipers would have murdered half their team and still have life and DCD's to spare.

Wouldn't be wise, to go for the guy who can do most damage?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's wiser in general to go for the easiest kill, which happen to be dps jugg and pt ATM. If they are going for a tank jugg first though, they are doing it wrong.

if jugg or pt tank (or even sin tank) in dps gear they are not doing it wrong

the reason snipers don't get shutdown right away is because good dmg, but they can withstand anything for 10 seconds, lot of time its far easier to kill something that doesn't just dcd for 20 seconds, than it is to smash something with absolutely no flytext saying their dieing

Jugg and PT are currently very easy to bring down.

Of course this goes for all classes. If people in the group know that the Merc on other team is bad, they focus him! Even ignoring the jugg in team for example. So one thing is people knowing others are crap and focusing them or they go for the weakest link.

As you mentioned snipers, there should be threads about nerfing snipers and not only Mercs, snipers are in a very very OP position right now. They also have a few ways to go with their utilities so you never know which ones they have speced in. For Mercs its obvious what they have in terms of utilities.

Jugg and PT are currently very easy to bring down.

Of course this goes for all classes. If people in the group know that the Merc on other team is bad, they focus him! Even ignoring the jugg in team for example. So one thing is people knowing others are crap and focusing them or they go for the weakest link.

As you mentioned snipers, there should be threads about nerfing snipers and not only Mercs, snipers are in a very very OP position right now. They also have a few ways to go with their utilities so you never know which ones they have speced in. For Mercs its obvious what they have in terms of utilities.

There are threads about nerfing snipers, look on like page three from like 5 or 6 days ago.

There are threads about nerfing snipers, look on like page three from like 5 or 6 days ago.

yes i know, just saying that it started with the NERF MERCS!!! But then slowly people realized how buffed the snipers were too.

I meant to say that the calls for Merc nerfs and Sorc buffs were much louder!

The thing is, everyone will do loads of dps if left alone. Doesn't matter the class. So it makes sense to kill whatever can be killed the fastest, i.e. PTs and juggs.

^this

ccing scary stuff like mercs and snipers and killing squishies is almost always the best option to reduce the incoming damage early in the round

Edited by yellow_

yes i know, just saying that it started with the NERF MERCS!!! But then slowly people realized how buffed the snipers were too.

I meant to say that the calls for Merc nerfs and Sorc buffs were much louder!

Gotcha. Yeah mercs are just a bit more obvious in their OPness, plus they are strong against both melee and ranged. Snipers OPness is more obvious against melee. They're great vs other ranged too, don't get me wrong, they have an extra 5' of ranged making them be in range for every other class while being out of range for every other class potentially.

Mercs and Snipers are the only classes that are a close match against each other, albeit in different ways.

At this point, I'd sooner put off a Merc nerf off in favor of sniper nerf. At least you can get at mercs and get some decent uptime on them [not that that really matters when they've got H2F, but still]. Snipers exercise way too much control over melee. All things being equal a Sniper will beat a melee every single time and if they don't it's only because the sniper let them get/stay near them.

Sniper's heals aren't as bad as Mercs, but they're still more than they should have as a 'pure dps class' and their Defensive's are endless. Merc's at least always had some amount of self heals and don't really have an objection to that, but the H2F and stupidly OP DCDs make them walking Trinity's. No DPS spec should have heals anywhere near that level. CC immunities and mobility only add to that stupidity.

Given a sniper's and Merc's CC immunties, they shouldn't have any where near the amount of CC's they have.

Everytime I PVP I only become more and more baffled how anyone with half a brain and experience in MMOs could possibly defend these classes and not see them for the OP status they are. They are so obviously broken and indefensible.

I have 2 mercs 1 comando and 2 snipers

True about mercs, not so much about snipers but again i love all classes

Oh...and nerf ops they are too op

The sniper issue is more about melee. Vs melee they're Op, vs other ranged they're still very good but they can't excersise the control they have over melee against other ranged. It's an uptime issue. If you can attack me and I can't attack you, that's a balance issue.

The sniper issue is more about melee. Vs melee they're Op, vs other ranged they're still very good but they can't excersise the control they have over melee against other ranged. It's an uptime issue. If you can attack me and I can't attack you, that's a balance issue.

Of course they op against melee they are exactly build for that, thats the whole point

Melee should learn about los, best way to nulify a sniper since they need to have los to target and hit you

Of course they op against melee they are exactly build for that, thats the whole point

Melee should learn about los, best way to nulify a sniper since they need to have los to target and hit you

Snipers have a gun that looks like a fragile glass cannon unfortunately their DCDS make them into more like a 'ship of the line' rather than a glass cannon.

Edited by RACATW

I have 2 mercs 1 comando and 2 snipers

True about mercs, not so much about snipers but again i love all classes

Oh...and nerf ops they are too op

This is a joke I know but full 248 OPs are actually very strong (not saying to nerf them obviously).

Just recently some OPs that usually do yolo got their 248s and are now back in the yolo q and doing pretty well. They knew to stay out of ranked post 5.0 until they were geared but now that they are they are doing pretty well.

OP bolstered to 238 is rather crap regardless of skill but in 248s they have the burst necessary to make them a decent threat.

I'd love to break LOS but I can't if I'm 70% perma slowed and/rooted! heh

someone who thinks you just LOS snipers in 5.0 has not fought good snipers I think. 70% aoe slow, with no cd on engineer, all abilitys an atts instant, lethality has an endless 30% slow, only one cast, and thats not even getting into all the slows in utlitys/ no interrupt shield, up to 40 sec, no stun/kb, no jump to target, a few speed increasers, we could go on, but the point is, a melee should not be able to kill a sniper of equal skill. Edited by Seterade

The point of the topic was: "Would it not make sense to take down the hardest hitter, and not let him freecast, mercs and snipers especially, since they do massive damage, and Sniper can take half teams hp by just jusint AOE's, especially ENG"

Turned in to a nerf snipers and mercs thread instead :) lol

The point of the topic was: "Would it not make sense to take down the hardest hitter, and not let him freecast, mercs and snipers especially, since they do massive damage, and Sniper can take half teams hp by just jusint AOE's, especially ENG"

Turned in to a nerf snipers and mercs thread instead :) lol

The reason is that Mercs and Snipers also have the best migitation abilities/selfheals so it takes you much longer to kill them than other classes. Actually e.g. Juggs are really hard hitters aswell. They just die too soon.

So I think what most People in this thread missunderstand is the fact, that the 70% slow exists only in one spec (Engineering) not in all three. The next thing is that as a Marksmanship sniper your damage can easily be avoided, sure you have your defs left, but you need them as Marksmanship Sniper, because you have to cast so much and are very static compared to the other ranged classes. So yes defenitly nerv Merc AND Engi Sniper's Plasma Probe, but don't touch the other two specs, in PvP they are still good, but in PvE Marksmanship is already at the bottom (for such a long time). And as already said, snipers are strong against melee and should always be. SO finally don't call out for blind nervs, buff Jugg / PT/ Sorc a little bit, nerve Merc a little as well as the Plasma Probe of Engi Snipers.

Greetings from Germany :rolleyes:

So I think what most People in this thread missunderstand is the fact, that the 70% slow exists only in one spec (Engineering) not in all three. The next thing is that as a Marksmanship sniper your damage can easily be avoided, sure you have your defs left, but you need them as Marksmanship Sniper, because you have to cast so much and are very static compared to the other ranged classes. So yes defenitly nerv Merc AND Engi Sniper's Plasma Probe, but don't touch the other two specs, in PvP they are still good, but in PvE Marksmanship is already at the bottom (for such a long time). And as already said, snipers are strong against melee and should always be. SO finally don't call out for blind nervs, buff Jugg / PT/ Sorc a little bit, nerve Merc a little as well as the Plasma Probe of Engi Snipers.

Greetings from Germany :rolleyes:

I main a Jugg and my main alts are a Mara, a Sentinel, and a 'Sin, so I am definitely in the grpup that should hate snipers, but I agree with you. The only problematically OP sniper spec is Engi.