Lol What? Republic Oricon ending

Dotasake

The empire ending was

centered around Lord Hargrev and his forces, these are the people that you talk to all the way when you do the Oricon missions on the planet/moon, and the ending was that the dreadmasters were killed and you got a light side dark side option to either destroy everything the dreadmasters left behind and built there on the planet(which was the light side option), or you can tell Lord Hargrev to take over everything and make the fortress his own, not letting the dreadmasters secrets and methods go to waste because they might need it for the war or whatever.

And that was it :p, the republic version with the Calphayus was waaay cooler ^^, imo at least.

Edited by cirruz

The empire ending was

centered around Lord Hargrev and his forces, these are the people that you talk to all the way when you do the Oricon missions on the planet/moon, and the ending was that the dreadmasters were killed and you got a light side dark side option to either destroy everything the dreadmasters left behind and built there on the planet(which was the light side option), or you can tell Lord Hargrev to take over everything and make the fortress his own, not letting the dreadmasters secrets and methods go to waste because they might need it for the war or whatever.

And that was it :p, the republic version with the Calphayus was waaay cooler ^^, imo at least.

That was a little disappointing.

Ya Id rather have the Empire ending be you taking over the Dread Fortress and Palace and kicking Lord Dreadlocks out, god that guy was annoying.

I agree, I could make the dread guard and the dread Host into an army with me leading it from the dread palace. My IA can find the plans for that fleet i destroyed and conquer the galaxy MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. The republic will be no more and at last i will be giving orders to the dark council not vice versa.

From what Calphayus said; "The fear gave us rage. The pain gave us strength. We were chained to one another, enslaved with higher purpose. How can a man walk without chains to uplift him?" Was he saying that somebody even stronger than the Dread Masters was manipulating them? Unless Calphayus completely lost his mind and was babbling nonsense, I'd like to think that this may lead up to our next arc. :jawa_confused:

From what Calphayus said; "The fear gave us rage. The pain gave us strength. We were chained to one another, enslaved with higher purpose. How can a man walk without chains to uplift him?" Was he saying that somebody even stronger than the Dread Masters was manipulating them? Unless Calphayus completely lost his mind and was babbling nonsense, I'd like to think that this may lead up to our next arc. :jawa_confused:

No, it's just a description of their collective will.

It's certainly an interesting twist for the Emperor to be pulling the Dread Masters strings a lot more directly than previously implied, and for the "Dread Masters" persona to be apparently controlling them as much as they did it.

The Dread Master's said that to become one of them you had to be completely engulfed in terror. That likely stripped them of their humanity and made them slaves to their own power of the Dark Side (what a shocker), by creating a force bond between them that made them a pseudo collective. This would explain why losing one of them caused their minds to slip, as the power they shared to make them what they were, causing an imbalance in the Dark Side between them that threatened to take their sanity along with it.

I don't think there is necessarily a bigger bad behind the Dread Masters. I think they were simply slaves to the Dark Side and their own fears. But I would argue that the "bigger bad" is the Emperor, who is largely responsible for making them what they were, albeit not directly responsible in their actions.

Edited by Forgon

Might be that the jedi will find out much of what was going on with the dreadmasters soon anyway since the option existed to "redeem" Calphayus or whatever, so it would indeed seem like there's gonna be a bit more story or lore behind them in the future and also perhaps "the next arc/the bigger bad" as some of you mentioned.

I keep thinking about what they mentioned in the Oricon story, about what they wanted with everything they did.

They wanted everyone under their control just to eventually kill them all? They might've found some solace in that like they said when they experienced Styrak's death on Darvannis but, it sounds much like what the emperor wanted throughout the jedi knight story, don't you think? Although it does feel like I'm forcing the dots to connect but I just couldn't help but think about it.

Edited by cirruz

Might be that the jedi will find out much of what was going on with the dreadmasters soon anyway since the option existed to "redeem" Calphayus or whatever, so it would indeed seem like there's gonna be a bit more story or lore behind them in the future and also perhaps "the next arc/the bigger bad" as some of you mentioned.

I keep thinking about what they mentioned in the Oricon story, about what they wanted with everything they did.

They wanted everyone under their control just to eventually kill them all? They might've found some solace in that like they said when they experienced Styrak's death on Darvannis but, it sounds much like what the emperor wanted throughout the jedi knight story, don't you think? Although it does feel like I'm forcing the dots to connect but I just couldn't help but think about it.

Well, Imperial side, they said Styrak's death caused them to start going insane themselves, likely because they could no longer share the effects of their powers on their own minds between the six of them. It's entirely possible that they were being manipulated by the Emperor himself, since the Emperor's own goal is to kill off every single living thing in the Galaxy.

As for Calphayus... poor guy. I actually kind of feel bad for him. I almost hope another one survived now, just so we can do something similar Imp-side. Though I wonder why they chose Calphayus to live? Brontes' codex entry says she has amnesia of almost her entire life before becoming a Dread Master, there's plenty room to work with there to make her a sympathetic character, too.

Edited by BodyThetanMan

Well, Imperial side, they said Styrak's death caused them to start going insane themselves, likely because they could no longer share the effects of their powers on their own minds between the six of them. It's entirely possible that they were being manipulated by the Emperor himself, since the Emperor's own goal is to kill off every single living thing in the Galaxy.

This makes sense. The emperor wants massive amount of death to empower his ritual. The dread masters wanted to accomplish the same thing and then kill themselves. Had the Dread Masters succeeded, the emperor would benefit from it the most.

I think we will be facing the emperor soon.

I don't think. He should be the last boss of the game. He is the main reason of this stupid war.

He still exist despite Hero of Tython effort, he'd still the most powerful figure in galaxy, and his intention in Jedi Knight's story strongly suggest he's fitting as final boss role. Both side would turn against him eventually, but I would hate to see if story took directions of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend. We are now share a common foe".

He still exist despite Hero of Tython effort, he'd still the most powerful figure in galaxy, and his intention in Jedi Knight's story strongly suggest he's fitting as final boss role. Both side would turn against him eventually, but I would hate to see if story took directions of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend. We are now share a common foe".

Last I checked, that already happened.

They didn't exactly pool resources or built an alliance but when Malgus descended upon Illum, Republic and Empire tolerated one another to focus on him. When you first start Battle of Illum, you can see soldiers from the other faction attacking Malgus' forces.

Not exactly that well developed, storywise but still may be a sign of the things to come. I wouldn't have an issue with it personally.

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' doesn't really work when those guys also want to kill and/or enslave you all and destroy everything you hold dear. We're not talking removed, distrustful but not openly (or uncommonly so) aggressive factions here. Republic and Empire have been trying very hard to wipe each other out for quite some time now.

I already found the temporary alliances they scraped together on Ilum and Hoth far fetched.

Edited by Bleeters