An in-depth look at: Darth Malak

Aurbere

Oh really? Interesting. Something else I found:

The character of Darth Ruin was created by George Lucas as part of the backstory for the prequel trilogy. In Lucas's notes, Ruin is an unnamed Jedi Knight who fell to the dark side with fifty followers 2,000 years prior to the film saga, founding the Sith. Since the Sith have been well established in other C-canon works for thousands of years, this "foundation" was degraded to be only a schism, after three previous ones. All other information on him was created by Abel G. Peña. ~ Wookieepedia, Darth Ruin.

So I guess that's what Sidious must have been referring to...

Oh really? Interesting. Something else I found:

The character of Darth Ruin was created by George Lucas as part of the backstory for the prequel trilogy. In Lucas's notes, Ruin is an unnamed Jedi Knight who fell to the dark side with fifty followers 2,000 years prior to the film saga, founding the Sith. Since the Sith have been well established in other C-canon works for thousands of years, this "foundation" was degraded to be only a schism, after three previous ones. All other information on him was created by Abel G. Peña. ~ Wookieepedia, Darth Ruin.

So I guess that's what Sidious must have been referring to...

Precisely.

It's weird how much of the EU Lucas had a part in, I keep seeing his name crop up everywhere. People don't give this guy enough credit.

Well lets see he made the canvas the EU developed out of. Hell when it came to the EU, a lot of how things developed, George Lucas had a hand in it.

OP, I have enjoyed your previous "in-depth" series. That said, this is a poor attempt of "an in-depth look at: Darth Malak". Instead, you merely summarized a subplot of Kotor. Where is his origin on Quelii? Where is the story of Alek "Squint" Squinquargesimus? Where is the story of a Jedi Knight joining the Revanchists and hiding from the Jedi Council? Where is his tale as a formidable general? Where is his role on Malachor V? Where is the story of his fall?

OP, I have enjoyed your previous "in-depth" series. That said, this is a poor attempt of "an in-depth look at: Darth Malak". Instead, you merely summarized a subplot of Kotor. Where is his origin on Quelii? Where is the story of Alek "Squint" Squinquargesimus? Where is the story of a Jedi Knight joining the Revanchists and hiding from the Jedi Council? Where is his tale as a formidable general? Where is his role on Malachor V? Where is the story of his fall?

How about you visit this thread and this thread.

So if I capture and torture a girl, she will become my faithful follower like Bastila Shan? Thanks Star Wars for the life lesson.

I've had great success with that method. Force Lightning was a little out of my reach, but routing power from the main house branch will get you enough current to simulate the same effects.

• 1 year later...