Official Q&A Thread for June 29th Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the June 29th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on June 29th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will social points ever be implemented into Player versus Player content -- perhaps as a set amount of points for every person that is in a group before the queue or a set amount of points for MVP voting at the end of a game? It seems like social gear would be obtained through playing with others, no matter which part of the game an individual enjoys.

(This question could also be worded to ask why the developers chose to make social points PvE only.)

Edited by DSPara

I have a question about the free transfers.

Some of us have created mains and alts for both factions, in my case i had all my republic toons on kath hound... and all my empire toons on lord adraas. when the initial transfers came through i moved my republic toons off of kath hound to ebon hawk. the very next day i am now in a pickle i cant move my empire toons off of lord adraas to ebon hawk due to no space avil.

here's my question, will there be any free transfers off of origin servers to any destination servers soon? because my empire toons are now sitting on a ghost town making them pretty much useless. please respond to this because i worked very hard geting some of those empire toons geared.

It was revealed that the HK-series droid companion will require both a Republic and Imperial character to unlock. Some players already have all eight character slots on their server filled with characters from a single faction. Is something going to be done to address this, or do these individuals have to delete and reroll if they want to unlock the companion?

I ask because leveling an alt to the needed level is a lengthy process for some, and if they need to reroll to earn the droid when it is released they may need to begin the process now.

Will we be seeing a mentoring/side-kicking system any time soon? It's very helpful in bringing friends into the game when I don't have to roll a whole new toon to play with them and be certain to play whenever they play to be certain we don't outlevel each other.

Is there any discussion on possibly banning or dealing with the issue of speeders on the Fleet stations? If a person in one of the larger speeders parks over an NPC or a terminal is impossible to click said terminal or NPC.

I have a question about this note about loot drops in the recent dev blog: "Drops are restricted to the advanced classes present for the loot event."

Does this mean that a piece of gear absolutely will never drop if the Advanced Class that it's designed for is not present? This would make it very difficult to gear up specific companions, or try to obtain moddable gear to wear that doesn't strictly fit your advanced class's profile (e.g. Jedi Sentinels that like to wear moddable Smuggler gear for aesthetic reasons, or in my case, Sages who like the textures on some Shadow equipment better).

My question is will there be any bonus or rank with being in a guild. It would be really cool if there was some incentive to be in a guild besides with friends. Doing Raids or heroic together as a guild. Right now I really don't see any reason to be in a guild unless your lonely and want some company.

What are the plans for dealing with performance issues and long queues that might affect the newly transferred to servers (especially when patch 1.3 hits)? I'm worried that while its fun to play with a full group of people every night right now, when the new patch hits disaster could ensue. :(

Edit: I just realized that patch 1.3 is coming on Tuesday, so by the time this question is answered it would be too late. Any chance of receiving a response to this concern sooner? I'm sure a lot of people would like to hear the answer.

Edited by Incindaar

My question has to do with the unavailability of electrostaves for Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassins -- even though they learn how to equip these when they reach their advanced class these individuals are unable to use certain abilities that are specific to their advanced class. The reason why this is an issue for me is due to the fact that Jedi Guardian/Sentinels and Sith Juggernauts/Marauders can utilize vibroblades to their fullest extent and not be hindered by the aforementioned loss of abilities. Are there any plans to allow full ability usage via electrostaves for Jedi Shadows, and their counterparts, sometime in the future?

Will we ever see gear appearance customizations for companions? I'm talking about being able to hide the head slot and make their gear colors match. Y'know, the same options our characters have. :D I love having the companions around, but it's a real shame when you can't see their faces, and it kinda sucks not to be able to set their gear to the same colors.

Looking back on pre-beta days and guilds, there was a heavy emphasis on 'allied / rival' systems. Can we expect to see further development regarding UI integration for these features and if so perhaps an increased chance to join a queue against a rival guild with allied guild chat channel?

Regarding The European RP-PVP servers , Some players feel neglected as there is only an option to transfer to a PVP server , While this may appease some many would prefer an option to transfer to a RP server , for example many of the Lord Calypho community would prefer to transfer to The Progenitor. Some are still holding on hope of a future

RP transfer option. My question is :

Is it possible that we will see such a transfer option (free or otherwise ) in the future ? (maybe keep the pvp option for a while then swap for the RP one)

On a side not , really with the dead population on these servers there have been no World PVP and no advantage or change in gameplay from RP ones

When are we going to be able to share useful things across our legacy? Social rank? Datacrons? Bank? Dare I even hope for codices or ships (I'd love to use the smuggler ship for my Jedi)? Sure, it's nice to be able to play a blue Jedi, but the useful stuff would be more... useful.

While the idea of "Barber Shops" has been discussed, I'm specifically interested in whether the character creation process itself would possibly be updated in the future. For instance, "slider" body types/physiques/faces instead of choosing between pre-made static builds? And should we expect to see such an update accompany Barber Shops being implemented in the game?

As the game stands now, the schematic GUI is incredibly bulky and cumbersome. The list of schematics can become increasingly long, especially if a player makes a concerted effort to learn all of the available schematics from Reverse Engineering. And often, these schematics are listed in an obscure fashion, even after Sorts have been chosen.

Does the team have any plans to update the crafting schematic GUI to make it more streamlined and easier to find schematics? When could something like this be implemented? Are there any other details that you can pass along at this time?