A month away

RunningJester

After chapter 10 was such a disappointment I let by subscription lapse and took some time off. Played some other games and thought I would come see how SWTOR was doing and see what the next chapter was like. I hate the restrictions on free to play so I put in for a month subscription.

WOW, this game is dead. 14 people on Hutta, 43 people on the Fleet. I have not yet done the next chapter, but will. I was just blown away by the complete lack of people.

I play at odd times and find fleet always has in excess of 100. Tyhon had 157 in the mid morning weekdays. Voss had enough for two instances. Taris had enough to make the open world dailies a pain. Ebon Hawke.

What server?

If you cannot be bothered to identify the server and time of day... nobody is going to take you seriously on this thread.

Of course sharing such context with us opens you up to having your hyperbole picked apart and spread all over the discussion table.

Edited by Andryah

Same basic numbers on two servers, The Bastion and The Harbringer. The numbers above were from the Bastion, this morning I tried the Harbringer and found the same basic numbers. less than 10 people on Ord Mantel and less than 50 on the Fleet.

These are the servers I have played on for years and never saw numbers this low, ever. I am sure the faithful will just tell me those servers suck, but since every server in the country has the same population of "light" I find it hard to believe any are radically better.

If I remember correctly the servers had a major drop in numbers at this time last year as well on a lot of servers. Not sure if the drop is about the same or more this year.

The amount of "the game is dying" threads at this time last year is about the same as this year.

Personally I like quite servers so having far more fun at the moment as I did this time last year.

Have to agree though with some of the other posts, when talking about server pop, you need to give server name, and time. When I say time it also needs to say if that is local time or the time in the location where you are if different. I could play on ToFN at 3am, so going to be quite, than again if I was playing at 3am here in the UK but was on a west cost server? very different story.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

i always find it amusing that people will staunchly defend a game. Does not have to be SWTOR, you could substitute any mmo in its place. The simply fact is BW has made a design decision to offer monthly story which is supposed to keep you subbed every month to enjoy. And they delivered an underwhelming update to SWTOR. Yes i said underwhelming because while in its core offering such a design strategy is both unique and refreshing to see in the cookie cutter mmo market, it was and still is a flop. Now you log in and see the results of the choices they have made. people log in be it long term veterans or one month only subs, play the story and log off.

and yes its happening my fanboy friends, people are buying into the model because its exactly what they have designed.

the worst part of it all is the content they are so proud of being delivered monthly is horribly and i mean HORRIBLY short. you would never have known that when KOTFE first launched because as a dev team they realized the content was very very weak and incredibly short. So short I could fit most chapters in a single run of any of the flashpoints from long ago and that is why they released several chapters at once. I mean on like level at the time battle of ilum would take as long to run as 3/4 of all the new chapter story content. and it was a world as large as most of the chapter story now.

so yeah you are starting to see less people and regardless if you give the i like quiet servers answer, which i find funny but thats another thread and argument.

Personally I like quite servers so having far more fun at the moment as I did this time last year.

I'm the same, although I don't like them completely dead. My biggest problem with the original server mergers was that I chose my original servers because of the low populations. About a month before the first server mergers, prime-time on Nathema, you could do a /who and clear the search box and still only pull around 80-90 names server wide. There were rarely more than 2 dozen people on fleet at any given time.

I loved it. We had a small server community and very few troublemakers because they couldn't hide behind the masses.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

WOW, this game is dead. 14 people on Hutta, 43 people on the Fleet. I have not yet done the next chapter, but will. I was just blown away by the complete lack of people.

Then move on to another game, or whatever. If it's dead (as far as you are concerned). then it's dead. What difference does it make?

Same basic numbers on two servers, The Bastion and The Harbringer. The numbers above were from the Bastion, this morning I tried the Harbringer and found the same basic numbers. less than 10 people on Ord Mantel and less than 50 on the Fleet.

These are the servers I have played on for years and never saw numbers this low, ever. I am sure the faithful will just tell me those servers suck, but since every server in the country has the same population of "light" I find it hard to believe any are radically better.

Did you check for multiple instances? Right now, 9am server time, Harbinger has 43 on Ord Mantell and multiple pub fleets (with one at over 140). While I agree that there has been a population drop lately, anytime you see Bastion doing as well or better than Harbinger you can basically assume you're doing doing something very wrong. Or if you're checking things at 6-7am on a Saturday, well, you're not going to be happy in any game targetting teens and 20s.

Edited by Savej

After chapter 10 was such a disappointment I let by subscription lapse and took some time off. Played some other games and thought I would come see how SWTOR was doing and see what the next chapter was like. I hate the restrictions on free to play so I put in for a month subscription.

43 people on fleet? You complain about that? xD I see less people on the fleet and still find ways to enjoy the game.

I'm the same, although I don't like them completely dead. My biggest problem with the original server mergers was that I chose my original servers because of the low populations. About a month before the first server mergers, prime-time on Nathema, you could do a /who and clear the search box and still only pull around 80-90 names server wide. There were rarely more than 2 dozen people on fleet at any given time.

I loved it. We had a small server community and very few troublemakers because they couldn't hide behind the masses.

Yeah often times "quiet" servers, have really good communities in them. It's not a PvPer's dream...but an RP and Story lover would be at home lol

So you checked two servers in the morning, when a lot of people are *gasp* working, or maybe studying, or in class, or on spring break, or just going outside to enjoy the real world (it happens, I saw something about people doing that on Facebook).

Thus, using your vast array of information and flawless logic, you have declared the game, "dead". R.I.P. SWTOR. Alas, poor Revan, we knew thee well.

Except for that pesky fact that there were actual people in the game, and the servers were up and running (i.e. not dead), and OTHER people may have been on the other planets or Odessen (which has all the bells and whistles of the Fleet except for exchanging raid gear tokens and getting PvP gear). You didn't seem to check those.

Game is dead. Interesting conclusion.