Yet another broken romance with Lana (and Raina)

deFronsac

Won't be a surprise to anyone reading, but frustration needs some ventilation: my agent developed the romantic relationship starting from Forged Alliances, did kiss her in the cantina during KotFE chapter 9, then... well I thought Lana was just too busy for the romantic stuff in KOTET (which would actually be fair enough given the intensity of the story), but now I am at Ossus and the romance/marry option never came about. I was avoiding spoliers so obviously missed out all the notions re variable reset and didn't realise that all the romantic content was at the end of Nathema. Now it is too late and I'm not re-rolling - too much time has been invested in my main character.

The best part of the story is, I ditched Raina Temple expecting to carry on with Lana, only to find out Lana is not that into my agent after all. I find this both sad and hilarious. Temple loves me, I love Lana, Lana... loves Koth, I guess... Koth loves Theron (they did enjoy their time together in the cantina while I was with Lana, right?) and, hell why not, Theron loves Temple, just to complete this Eternal Circle of Unreciprocated Love.

What is even funnier is that now on Ossus I find my character choices in dialogs being more bitter and dark-sided vs before, as if he was indeed ditched by Lana as part of the story. Which strangely plays into the whole conflict escalation storyline quite nicely.

You're not the first person to report a locked-in Lana (or Koth/Theron, I guess, although it's usually for Lana) romance that disappears. There *are* ways to lose it and for that loss to be correct-but-unfortunate, of course (notably if you re-romance a former romance, e.g. Kaliyo, Aric, Vette, Torian, or any of the alert-returners).

One of the less obvious ways to do it is if you skip forward after the cantina conversation but before the end of Chapter IX. The romance isn't officially recorded until the end of the chapter (like all decisions inside chapters), so...

On the other hand, most of the reports I've seen of this have been for characters that people have taken stepwise through all the chapters, and the romance didn't survive the transition from KotFE to KotET. So yes, something unknown can trigger a bug whose nature is not known either to do this.

Lana's romance in cantina (lock in scene) is the most buggy thing I ever experienced in my gaming life and this is not a joke, my alts romanced with her and some of them got automaticaly said in cutscene "I was hoping to talk one of you first" and reached to the small room where you kiss her and the other ones did let me do the choosing, AND THEN there is non-flirt options and [Flirt] options...which basically "[Flirt] It was Lana" and "It was Lana"

if you choose flirt option (if that option is available to you in that cutscene) you get the lock in point correctly as far as I know, and if you got the option non-flirt (normal talk) you get same cutscene too but without lock in scene and no kiss.

I just want to romance with Lana Beniko, BioWare? Please let me romance with her please? is this too much to ask for?

In 1.0 we could romance our companions at any time - certain dialogs were subject to chapter progression but you were in control of the timing and critical points were unambiguous and free of bugs. They were an activity in their own right vs being baked into the main storyline.

In 1.0 we could romance our companions at any time - certain dialogs were subject to chapter progression but you were in control of the timing and critical points were unambiguous and free of bugs. They were an activity in their own right vs being baked into the main storyline.

In 1.0 (and, in fact, all the way up to just before 4.0 dropped), the companion-story progress was gated by a complicated interaction between your progress in your class story and the amount of "Affection" you had built up with the companion. It's noteworthy that the story-progress part of the gate was simple: the companion story was divided into parts based on which chapter they were supposed to be in, and not any more fine-grained than that.

When 4.0 dropped, the class companion stories became gated solely by the character's class story progress, which makes the story-telling slightly more sane, not least because each conversation is "enabled" by a specific spot in the story.

It's no longer possible to do what my first Commando did. She ran around with Elara most of the time, and built up something like 9600 Affection with her by the end of Chapter 2. Off we go to the Gauntlet, and Elara got injured. When she came back (before going to Belsavis), I was able to have *all* of the last third of her companion story conversations back-to-back immediately after the "To go to Belsavis" briefing.

Fair enough - I always timed my interactions so and not to fast-forward to the final dialogue and the string of emails. Anyway, if Lana was not bug out and ditch me as a result, I guess I would not have been overly concerned in the first place.

Sorry to hear that. It's annoying when it's such a significant part of the experience. :(

I thankfully haven't run into that one yet, but I did have it happen once where I jumped an inquisitor to ossus and seemed to have lost romance with andronikos. Never bothered to report it though cause I'm honestly not sure if I lost it or if I never did it. It had been way too long with that character for me to remember for sure.

I wish there was a way to revisit your choices with romances. This isn't like a single-player save-a-thousand-times game where you can reload and go back if you want. You're just stuck if you messed up or the game messed up on you.

PreSOR – Chose every flirt option with Lana

SOR – Chose every flirt option with Lana

KOTFE 1-9 – Chose every flirt option with Lana

KOTFE Chapter 10 Cantina – Chose (flirt) I need to speak to one of you, and chose Lana. Then I chose (flirt) It isn’t important.

Now from everything I’ve found online after the fact, this should be have been where I received the “Warning – This choice will begin a romance” box that locked in my romance with Lana however I didn’t get that warning box. I just got a few more lines of dialog and a kiss scene fade to black then back to the cantina to talk with Theron.

KOTFE 10-16 – NO FLIRT OPTIONS AVAILABLE (Figured it was no time for flirting)

KOTET 1-6 – NO FLIRT OPTIONS AVAILABLE

It was at this point I realised something was definitely wrong and checked Lana’s character tab and found out that not only weren’t we in a relationship but all the decision flags that I’d made that affected her had been deleted apart from 2.

Now if that series of events is the Lana Beniko romance working as intended as tech support claims then the game designers have a lot to answer for, but hey it's apparently not a bug.

• 9 months later...
PreSOR – Chose every flirt option with Lana

SOR – Chose every flirt option with Lana

KOTFE 1-9 – Chose every flirt option with Lana

KOTFE Chapter 10 Cantina – Chose (flirt) I need to speak to one of you, and chose Lana. Then I chose (flirt) It isn’t important.

Now from everything I’ve found online after the fact, this should be have been where I received the “Warning – This choice will begin a romance” box that locked in my romance with Lana however I didn’t get that warning box. I just got a few more lines of dialog and a kiss scene fade to black then back to the cantina to talk with Theron.

KOTFE 10-16 – NO FLIRT OPTIONS AVAILABLE (Figured it was no time for flirting)

KOTET 1-6 – NO FLIRT OPTIONS AVAILABLE

It was at this point I realised something was definitely wrong and checked Lana’s character tab and found out that not only weren’t we in a relationship but all the decision flags that I’d made that affected her had been deleted apart from 2.

Now if that series of events is the Lana Beniko romance working as intended as tech support claims then the game designers have a lot to answer for, but hey it's apparently not a bug.

u got 1 detail wrong 1-8 flirt and 9 beginning Cantina romance lock, but i get it even my memory plays tricks at times