the quest to save vette is not working

wixdango

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
This is still a bug. It happened to me as well. I relogged and did it a second time from the checkpoint, making sure that I was closer to her than before, and it worked, so it might be a proximity related bug? Either way, a tad annoying.

Still not fixed, but I'm pretty sure you are right. I forget about this every bloody time, and have to restart from the checkpoint (though jumping to my cozy home on Tatooine and back is a bit faster than relogging). Then I just run through the enemies up the hill to Vette and beat them from there. Works nicely.

Still not fixed, but I'm pretty sure you are right. I forget about this every bloody time, and have to restart from the checkpoint (though jumping to my cozy home on Tatooine and back is a bit faster than relogging). Then I just run through the enemies up the hill to Vette and beat them from there. Works nicely.

Confirmed: if you bail out of the chapter and return to it (by going to your SH, to Fleet and back, etc.), then it unbugs.

This is still a bug. It happened to me as well. I relogged and did it a second time from the checkpoint, making sure that I was closer to her than before, and it worked, so it might be a proximity related bug? Either way, a tad annoying.

Yes, it seems to be a proximity thing. If you kill some of the troopers from range, they don't spawn their invisible companions. Basically, you need to make sure you pull agro of all the visible troops so the invisible ones spawn as well.

Edited by DansOpiate

• 1 year later...
As this is an older post, I think I figured out a way to NOT have to port out, or reset stuff... when you approach the mobs near the pink swirly thing, just charge up the hill to Vette's location, then defeat the mobs.... what I think is happening is the mobs, being pulled how one would NORMALLY pull them, are getting pulled too far away from Vette.

• 4 months later...
As this is an older post, I think I figured out a way to NOT have to port out, or reset stuff... when you approach the mobs near the pink swirly thing, just charge up the hill to Vette's location, then defeat the mobs.... what I think is happening is the mobs, being pulled how one would NORMALLY pull them, are getting pulled too far away from Vette.

I just had this glitch on this quest and even though there is this work around.. It still SHOULD have been fixed here FOUR years later but NOOOPE BW can't be arsed to.

It happens when you're too far and kill them before getting the quest update. Maybe not a bug but bad design - they need to move the quest update point farther from Vette. Edited by Pricia

It happens when you're too far and kill them before getting the quest update. Maybe not a bug but bad design - they need to move the quest update point farther from Vette.

No, it's a bug, for sure. It should absolutely not be possible to get to a point where you can engage the enemies and kill them before you activate the "kill them" thing.

• 1 year later...