Kaggath Tournament: The Dark Imperium vs the Alliance of Worlds

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Runner-Up Finals: The Dark Imperium vs The Alliance of Worlds

Welcome to final round of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’ Runner-Up Bracket, where the defeated and disgraced have the chance to redeem their honour, and challenge the future Kaggath Champion in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the Semi-Finals.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: Selenial is returning with her shadowy force of Sith and assassins, and Tunewalker with his armada of light and liberty. Behold the factions!

The Dark Imperium

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Traya

Second-in-Command: Admiral Trench

Allies: Darth Maul & HK-47

Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Military

Minor Ground Force: Shadow Trooper Legion & Sith Assassins

Major Naval Force: Open Circle Fleet & Malgus’ Stealth Fleet

Planets

Capital: Raxus Secundus

Supply Base: Raxus Prime

Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V

Stronghold/Military Base: Saleucami

Shipyards: Bonadan

vs

The Alliance of Worlds

Leadership

Head of State: Leia Organa Solo

Second-in-Command: Luke Skywalker (ROTJ)

Allies: IG-88 & Wedge Antilles

Supplier: Hapes Consortium

Military

Major Ground Force: Rebel Alliance Army

Naval Force: Galactic Alliance Navy

Planets

Capital: Arkania

Supply Base: Hapes

Stronghold/Military Base: Carida

Shipyards: Brentaal

Shipyards: Rendili

The Dark Imperium is comprised of elite and elusive assassins whereas the Alliance of Worlds possesses powerful and numerous warriors. It’s the ultimate battle between good and evil. Who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who's back, Purple's back :jawa_evil:

Initial Impressions: I seriously don't see a way for the AOW to face Traya and Maul in Malachor, their ships are not long ranged enough to bombard the world and Luke/Leia would be decimated by the Assassins.... I really can't forsee a way Tune can win this, but I hope to god he comes up with one :D

Long post analyzing multiple different parts of my faction will be inbound.

Initial Impressions: I seriously don't see a way for the AOW to face Traya and Maul in Malachor, their ships are not long ranged enough to bombard the world and Luke/Leia would be decimated by the Assassins.... I really can't forsee a way Tune can win this, but I hope to god he comes up with one :D

Thank the Maker, I was just about to ask that do-gooder to leave... Edited by Beniboybling

/Eye squints.

Not sure if serious or lack of knowledge of how powerful ROTJ Luke is.

/Eye squints.

Not sure if serious or lack of knowledge of how powerful ROTJ Luke is.

Well, The Assassins grow more powerful with however much power their opponent holds. Luke is powerful, but they'd be incredibly heightened by that power. His saber skills are good, but personally, although he can replicate Vaders' style, he wouldn't master it, and I doubt he could cope effecrtively against multiple opponents.

Maul + 6 Assassins would be Lukes end.

Well, The Assassins grow more powerful with however much power their opponent holds. Luke is powerful, but they'd be incredibly heightened by that power. His saber skills are good, but personally, although he can replicate Vaders' style, he wouldn't master it, and I doubt he could cope effecrtively against multiple opponents.

Maul + 6 Assassins would be Lukes end.

Oh so now you changed it with Maul and Assassins, I see!

Oh so now you changed it with Maul and Assassins, I see!

Well, I'm counting Maul as a glorified Assassin.

Traya may act as though he is her Apprentice, under the rule of two, but she'd just see him as a tool.

Though to be honest, 6 Bladeborn would probably match Luke too, though Information on the Bladeborn is yet to come :p

From the get go I predict that most all space battles will land in favor of the DI. The Open Circle Fleet and the Stealth Armada together should win most conflicts in space.

Indeed, the full might of Traya's fleet could be placed to the most effective locations, Full fleet on one planet that's to be attacked if the others aren't vulnerable...

That, and the Mandator-II could come in handy against Tune's SSD's...

Well, I'm counting Maul as a glorified Assassin.

Traya may act as though he is her Apprentice, under the rule of two, but she'd just see him as a tool.

Though to be honest, 6 Bladeborn would probably match Luke too, though Information on the Bladeborn is yet to come :p

Me no thinks so.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

From the get go I predict that most all space battles will land in favor of the DI. The Open Circle Fleet and the Stealth Armada together should win most conflicts in space.

Completely disagree. I am on Sel's side, but I must disagree with this. The Galactic Alliance Navy is one of the most powerful navies ever composed, with a large number of heavy Mon Calamarian Warships including my favorite ship the Viscount-class Star Defender.

Completely disagree. I am on Sel's side, but I must disagree with this. The Galactic Alliance Navy is one of the most powerful navies ever composed, with a large number of heavy Mon Calamarian Warships including my favorite ship the Viscount-class Star Defender.

Ahh, but you forget.

My fleet comes with Tie Defenders, Tie Opressors, Tie Avengers, and a massive fighter capacity. My fleet can also be FULLY deployed to any planet that will come under attack, thanks to Traya's Foresight, whilst the AOW has to take into account protecting it's own worlds.

That, and you underestimate stealthed vessels.

And I have Stealthed Boarding party ships thanks to Santhe/Sienar, which could easily be used to place an array of Sienar Droids (Or Shadow Troopers for the larger ships) on board to distract or cripple multiple vessels.

With the Open Circle Fleet sat back defending the planets and the Stealth Fleet able to go anywhere and do anything on the attack, the GAN is going to be hard pressed to fight back without fighting a war of attrition that the DI can easily hold out in and win sharply, those stealth ambushes and random strikes all over AoW space is going to be seriously hard to counter.

Ahh, but you forget.

My fleet comes with Tie Defenders, Tie Opressors, Tie Avengers, and a massive fighter capacity. My fleet can also be FULLY deployed to any planet that will come under attack, thanks to Traya's Foresight, whilst the AOW has to take into account protecting it's own worlds.

That, and you underestimate stealthed vessels.

And I have Stealthed Boarding party ships thanks to Santhe/Sienar, which could easily be used to place an array of Sienar Droids (Or Shadow Troopers for the larger ships) on board to distract or cripple multiple vessels.

I believe your fighters are matched by the GA navy's fighters. Regardless, those are from your supplier, I'm speaking straight up fleet engagements (disregarding fighters). Neither the OCF nor the Stealth fleet have the firepower necessary to take on the GAN's heavier warships. You are also outnumbered in space.

With the Open Circle Fleet sat back defending the planets and the Stealth Fleet able to go anywhere and do anything on the attack, the GAN is going to be hard pressed to fight back without fighting a war of attrition that the DI can easily hold out in and win sharply, those stealth ambushes and random strikes all over AoW space is going to be seriously hard to counter.

Indeed, true. However, Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, and Leia Organa are all very experienced in stateless warfare tactics, which is exactly what we are talking about here (with the added stealth factor). If anybody has a chance of defending against that kind of tactic, it's them.

Now, both of you leave me alone so I can support Sel! :D

Indeed, and any attempt at a counter attack, and the Stealthed Fleet would make it there faster than the AOW fleet, thanks to Interdictors being able to slow the AOW down.

Indeed, true. However, Luke Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, and Leia Organa are all very experienced in stateless warfare tactics, which is exactly what we are talking about here (with the added stealth factor). If anybody has a chance of defending against that kind of tactic, it's them.

Now, both of you leave me alone so I can support Sel! :D

Stealthed fleets are the most powerful forces in the entirety of naval warfare, they are almost impossible to defeat, Malgus used his fleet very poorly and that is how he lost, however in all other examples, stealth fleets or fighter wings are always used as the plot device that can win a war, because they are so difficult to fight back against, I really wouldn't under-estimate how damn valuable stealthed ships are, never mind stealthed Harrower-class Dreadnoughts.

To be Honest, any of you who still underestimate Traya are not worthy of participating in the Kaggath (lawlz) but here goes anyway....

Darth Traya

Not to be underestimated.

"Master of Kinetic Combat"

"Marathon Meditations to Penetrate the mysteries of the Universe"

"Presented by the Assassins with the Sith Hermetica, the "Truths of the Cosmos", that are "Not intended for the Sane""

"Traya expertly manipulates the Jedi exile into finding the Jedi masters and her Ex Sith apprentices so Traya can destroy them once and for all"

"She wields three lightsabers telekinetically against the Exile, but is eventually killed by the person she considers her greatest disciple"

These quotes mainly refer to her personality, as someone who is able to explore the deep mysteries of the universe that should not be explored by any that are not worthy, however there are small snipets of combat quotes here in which we see she can Telekinetically wield 3 lightsabers, and is a Master at manipulating duels, and their outcomes.

Traya's Abilities, according to the KOTOR Campaign Guide:

Dark Rage, Energy Resistance, Force Disarm, Farseeing (Able to peruse the galaxy through the force) Force Lightning, Scream, Force Slam, Force Thrust, Kinetic Combat, mind trick, Move object, Negate Energy (Tutaminis) Surge, vital transfer and wound.

It states she holds devastating Power, which she is able to fight multiple opponents with, with ease. It also states her Kinetic Combat is more than average, and her Sense skills are incredible attuned.

More abilities from KOTORCG:

Dark Healing, Force Deception, Force Perception, Telepathc Links, Trakata, Prone to Visions.

It's said she's very strong in the force, and that she's surprisingly acrobatic.

As for Darth Maul....

Trezza: "He almost beat his opponent to death."

Sidious: "Did he, now? I told you he was a bit wild."

"You have been well trained, my young apprentice. They will be no match for you." - Even Sidious notes his skill, remarking how easily Maul would dispatch one of the greatest Jedi Swordsmen of his day, and his skilled apprentice. Amusing, as eventually Sidious' training backfired as Maul dueled him. Which in itself is a Feat, Maul dueled Sidious, and lasted a while.

"I will use my army of crime lords to attack different targets across Sundari and sow chaos to undermine the Duchess' rule. Our gangsters will make her look too weak to maintain control. Then you and your Death Watch will capture and arrest us, bringing order where Satine's weak government could not." - I like this quote specifically, shows Mauls tactical ingenuity, used a tiny force to overthrow an entire planet.

"It strikes me as unnecessary, but I won't deny his mastery of the Jar'Kai technique. Niman and teräs käsi will never substitute for dun möch, but I appreciate that you have trained him to be a fighting machine rather than a true apprentice." - Plageuis the Wise. Please note of course, that my Maul does indeed use Dun Moch

"Hatred is a hard thing to kill."

Obviously these quotes are minimalistic, I believe Traya and Maul do not need as much elaboration as my Fleets and Soldiers.

Edited by Selenial

With a bunch of specialized ship combat personal known as Rebel SpaceOps just waiting to repel attackers. :p

Edited by Wolfninjajedi