[Legacy System Feature] Mirror Class/Adv. Class Animaion/Ability Swapping

KillaDeuce

First off,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=208811

Second,

I spelled animation wrong in the title. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a suggestion to add in a more ways to customize your character. But not only how your character looks, but also on his animations and weapons in some instances. My idea is this.

The Basics

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There 8 classes in the game, 4 on each faction. 4 Republic, 4 Empire. Each of those 4 classes is a mirror counterpart of the other. Yes, there are slight differences. Those differences are what this Suggestion Thread is based on.

As follows:

Jedi Knight (JK) = Sith Warrior (SW)

Jedi Counsolr (JC) = Sith Inquisitor (SI)

Trooper (T) = Bounty Hunter (BH)

Smuggler (S) = Imperial Agent (IA)

The same can be said of each classes 2 Advanced Classes.

Example:

(T) Commando = Mercenary (BH)

(T) Vanguard = Powertech (BH)

These Mirror Advanced classes share the same main stats and styles in fighting. They could be flip-floped between the factions and it would still be balanced class wise.

There are slight differences between Classes/ Adv. Classes.

For example: The Vanguard using a rifle and has the ammo (energy system). The Powewrtech has a single blaster pistol and the Heat (energy system)

MY IDEA!

Let us unlock a feature which allows us choose which set differences (Animations, Abilities, etc.) we want on our Adv. Class.

It would be limited in certain ways:

1.)

Obviously your choice would be between your Advanced Classe's Set and the Mirror Adv. Class to your own.

If I was a (T)Vanguard I could choose to use the (BH)Powertechs animations, weapon choices and abilities. I would be a Trooper Vanguard that uses a single Blaster and my animations deal with my arm like the powertech. flamethrower and everything. As a Powertech I could choose to have a rifle and the Vanguard animations.

2.)

You DO NOT share the Armor looks of the Mirror Adv. Class. We don't want only Troopers running around reguardless of faction.

As a Bounty Hunter Mercenary you could still have a big cannon like the Trooper Commando. But you would still look like a Bounty Hunter. And a Trooper Commando could have dual blaster pistols like the Bounty Hunter Mercenary. But you would still look like a Republic Trooper.

3.)

It would be the entire set of the Adv. Class. You CAN NOT choose individual abilities etc. to swap. All or none.

4.)

Would require a certain Legacy Level. Not sure what level. I'm open to thoughts on this.

5.)

Not sure if this would be the best way. Just throwing it out there.[/i] Possibly have it tied to to Light / Dark sides.

If you were a Dark side Jedi Consular you could choose the Sith Inquisitor animations etc. Being a dark side jedi shooting electricity.

I did not think about this part of it as much. But it could work.

6.)

To keep the need of creating new characters (Alts.) there. A requirement to have a level 50 of each Mirror Adv. Class.

(Idea from -AboB)

Please leave a comment if you like the idea. Keep it on the first page.

Useful feedback is welcome.

Edited by KillaDeuce

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Legacy Idea seems to be based around the notion of circumventing the need to develop a legacy.... unless it's only for Legacy capped players? Not to say that it's a bad idea (it does sound kinda cool), but the whole idea behind legacy is to encourage rolling alts, and hence, segregating those animations accordingly. A great idea, but I have trouble imagining BW implementing this idea for the reasons I've outlined. I do kind of hope I am wrong here.

This Legacy Idea seems to be based around the notion of circumventing the need to develop a legacy.... unless it's only for Legacy capped players? Not to say that it's a bad idea (it does sound kinda cool), but the whole idea behind legacy is to encourage rolling alts, and hence, segregating those animations accordingly. A great idea, but I have trouble imagining BW implementing this idea for the reasons I've outlined. I do kind of hope I am wrong here.

I see your point. What if you were ONLY able to unlock this feature if you had a level 50 of each Mirror Adv. Class.

edit:

I Added this in the OP above. #6

Edited by KillaDeuce

I'd love to have this, although there could be problems with actually implementing different weapon permissions. Still, I'd love to have a Mercenary running around with a giant cannon on his back. My only change though, would be for specific animation swaps, or general ideal swaps, but not ENTIRE swaps. (Say for example, I want my Sorcerer to use Jedi Healing animations, but otherwise I want to run around zapping/draining my enemies.)

I would also like it, instead, to even TRANSCEND class in certain areas (IE: Operative can use Mind Trap, Bounty Hunter can use Electrocute, abilities that do pretty much the same thing should have swappable animations.)

i think if Bioware did this, I would never stop throwing money in their face, this would be the best thing they did since they actually released the game itself.

However, I don't think it should require active level 50 characters, because guess who can't have that? F2Pers and Preferred. So instead, how about when we unlock the Class Animation (/smuggler, /warrior, etc.) that we also unlock the ability to swap animations with that class.

Who knows, if this works out, we could even start talking about swapping Companions! (Yes, my Mercenary is looking at YOU, Elara.)

Problem is, with the game mechanics and certain classes need certain weapons to use certain abilities like the commando.

He NEEDS that cannon to do half is abilities like grav round or charged rounds. Until you get around certain problems like that, then i don't see an issue with doing this.

Until this happens the feasibility of a method like this, i just don't see the likelihood of this happening.

Problem is, with the game mechanics and certain classes need certain weapons to use certain abilities like the commando.

He NEEDS that cannon to do half is abilities like grav round or charged rounds. Until you get around certain problems like that, then i don't see an issue with doing this.

Until this happens the feasibility of a method like this, i just don't see the likelihood of this happening.

I don't think you fully read my post or missed something. I am not saying to just swap the weapons. Of course that would not work.

My idea was to allow Mirror Adv. Classes (ie. Vanguard = power tech ) to swap animations, abilities and weapons. The only thing you keep is your armor style. A trooper still looks like and has Trooper armor. Same for a Powertech.

You would just be a Powertech but using the vanguards animations and abilities with a Rifle.

That is more straight forward. In more detail in the OP.

All they would need to do is change afew of the animaions for the new weapons which isn't to hard to do but it will take time to do. I would imagion that would be about 2-3 weeks for them to do it if they really wanted to get it out there.

this would also be another thing to encourage running alts of every class and adv class since i know alot of people like one side but love the weapons on the other side i know i would love to be able to use a rifle on my PT but am using a pistal and for my OPS i would rather use a pistal then a rifle since that would make more sence for a melee class to use since a pistal is ment to be a close to mid range weapon while a rifle is ment to be a mid to long range weapon.

this would just give us more customasion we could do which is always ok in my book but the biggest thing i want to see before any of this comes out is for them to fix the gear for twi'leks since the cliping is just so gosh darn awful and i'm shocked that they havn't fix it yet and this has been a issue since day one.

If they can't even fix that then i don't think they will be putting this in which is really sad since this would be awosome.

Edited by Darkchip

I'd have to say no, IMHO it would bring to much chaos to some parts of the game, PvP for example, when you run a pub, go around the corner and see someone using flamethrower you take it for granted that it's an imperial scum and react accordingly, and imagine how disappointed you would be to pop your cd just to learn it was your fellow trooper. Another thing it would suffer in logical sphere, especially since you don't want to swap armors, and most of BH sets have a special design of left hand sleeve/glove area where all the cool gadgets are that justify using the rail shot or flamethrower, trooper would just look strange spitting fire from his unmodded plain glove, the other way it would work ok since most trooper animations are linked to his/her weapon, except that on some sets BH would end up hauling an over sized jetpack for no apparent reason other than to give him a massive back ache. Last a field trooper going on a mission with just a pistol, it just doesn't fit, I know line officers in most games/movies carry a handgun, but that's a lot of BS in my opinion, in reality they usually carry a standard gun as well, unless they only stay at HQ, and special forces with just a hand gun... the special here goes for - special purpose, well trained and well armed, and not as "in need of a special care".

So to sum it up, sorry mate, no.

nuff said

Edited by Elmerpl

Some good points. Some of which I thought about myself when making this thread. Some of which are already happening in the game with the right animations on the right Adv. Classes. And some of which you yourself said take place in the movies. Thank you for the feed back though. When even not agreeing with someone you bring more and better ideas to that someone.

I'd have to say no, IMHO it would bring to much chaos to some parts of the game, PvP for example, when you run a pub, go around the corner and see someone using flamethrower you take it for granted that it's an imperial scum and react accordingly, and imagine how disappointed you would be to pop your cd just to learn it was your fellow trooper.

This is true for some people but not everyone. Myself, I go based off the color of the name. It is a dead give away who you are fighting. :-P

Another thing it would suffer in logical sphere, especially since you don't want to swap armors, and most of BH sets have a special design of left hand sleeve/glove area where all the cool gadgets are that justify using the rail shot or flamethrower, trooper would just look strange spitting fire from his unmodded plain glove,

This already happens in game for every Bounty Hunter up to about level 35 - 40. Which is around the level you start seeing those BH gloves that you speak of. That is pretty far into the game. Half way or about two thirds through depending on what content you are running when leveling. No one has yet to really make a big stink about it.

Now it may be more obvious when happening with a guy in Trooper armor. Or it may be the same deal and the majority of people don't care or notice.\

This was something I thought about when writing this topic. Myself I don't thing it will be a big deal for "most" people.

the other way it would work ok since most trooper animations are linked to his/her weapon, except that on some sets BH would end up hauling an over sized jetpack for no apparent reason other than to give him a massive back ache.

I have went over this a few times now but not necessarily here in this certain way. If you put all the animations, abilities, and weapons (entire set) of the Vanguard onto the Powertech it will work fine. You will have the rifle for all the animations to run with.

With the Jet pack, We already run around with it being useless. We only have 2 abilities that use it.

-Jet charge

You have to spec for in tanking tree. The Trooper animation for this looks pretty much the same so not a big problem.

-Death from above

It is a shame you would have to give up to have a rifle. I think it would be worth it.

But yes, The jet pack is already a waste currently for the most part.

Last a field trooper going on a mission with just a pistol, it just doesn't fit, I know line officers in most games/movies carry a handgun, but that's a lot of BS in my opinion, in reality they usually carry a standard gun as well, unless they only stay at HQ, and special forces with just a hand gun... the special here goes for - special purpose, well trained and well armed, and not as "in need of a special care".

No argument here I agree with you. They do it in the movies and also a lot in the Clone Wars series. And being a game we all know logic does not work right. This is not for reality. :-P

Edited by KillaDeuce