How to join a group for Flashpoint

I always play solo but maybe I am being forced to play this one in a group unless I am forced to give up on the game I think, I mean the end Quetst Flashpoint Meridian. (DARK SIDE)(It falsely says "Solo Story Flashpoint Meridian" but that is not true.It automatically switches you to the official "Flashpoint Meridian".

So where do I click to get a group? I found one place but apparently if you join a group say for "flashpoints" you will be forced to do any flashpoint they want to do and maybe never get to the one you want anyway?

Also it only says 'Master" or "Veteran". I can't really remember if I am 'Veteran' if I play solo, somehow I guess not so there is maybe not a choice for a (usually) soloplayer?

So anyway, where do I click to join a group that plays Flashpoint Meridian? Thanks

First things first. Meridian can be run solo, you likely have a phase issue and resetting your phases and resetting the meridian quest can often fix that issue.

For groups, you have 2 ways of entering a flashpoint. You can either run in (walk into the phase entrance) or zone in via group finder.

To 'run' in you need the quest and to be at the phase location. Phase location for Meridian is on the fleet, on the White Nova (imperial) or Telos (pub) in the "Meridian Complex Staging Deck" (take the elevator).

To 'zone' in you need a quick travel prompt which is given to you when you queue for the flashpoint via group finder. Group finder is accessed either via the activities menu (default shortcut is ctrl-G) or via the tab on the minimap with three people on it.

"Veteran" mode (normal mode) has no role specific requirements. It will take the first 4 people who want to run the activity in question and throw them together. This can end up being a wonderful experience, a normal slog, or the worst activity you experience that day. There really isn't any in-between.

"Master" mode (hardmode) requires a normal trinity composition (tank, 2 dps, healer) and generally speaking things hit a bit harder and mechanics aren't quite so ignorable as they are on normal. However, because it requires a trinity comp, HM Flashpoints are in general easier than vet fps.

If you just want to run the flashpoint and then never talk to the community again, go to the telos/white nova. abandon the meridian quest from your log. Pick the story mode meridian quest from the terminal outside the phase entrance and walk in.

If you actually want to play group content then spend a bit of time exploring the group finder. Or shout for a group on the fleet and share the quest then walk-in together.

Thank you very much for the reply. I don't quite know what 'phase' is. In my list of 'Miisions' there are two quests, one is "Flashpoint Meridian" and a dot in front of it which I can tick to do that one but underneath it it has

"(Solo Story) Flashpoint Meridian. So I click that one and take away to dot in the "Flashpoint Meridian' box.

So now I expect to play Solo Story etc but no, I go into the area, there is kind of a blue wall that I enter (this is after having been killed a lot of times) and I get into the area and it shows only the Flashpoint Meridian, I.e. not the Solo Story one.

I don't know how other people managed it but most people go group anyway, especially this far into the game so I suppose it is kind of expected. I had this problem a month ago after dying over and over and left the game but came back yesterday and thought I will give it another try. but it is very off putting.

I will try the group thing anyway. Thanks.

Thank you very much for the reply. I don't quite know what 'phase' is. In my list of 'Miisions' there are two quests, one is "Flashpoint Meridian" and a dot in front of it which I can tick to do that one but underneath it it has

"(Solo Story) Flashpoint Meridian. So I click that one and take away to dot in the "Flashpoint Meridian' box.

So now I expect to play Solo Story etc but no, I go into the area, there is kind of a blue wall that I enter (this is after having been killed a lot of times) and I get into the area and it shows only the Flashpoint Meridian, I.e. not the Solo Story one.

I don't know how other people managed it but most people go group anyway, especially this far into the game so I suppose it is kind of expected. I had this problem a month ago after dying over and over and left the game but came back yesterday and thought I will give it another try. but it is very off putting.

the only thing that "taking away the dot" next to the mission in the mission log does is disabling the tracking i.e. it won't show up on screen in the mission tracker and on the map anymore. that's why it only shows "flashpoint meridian" and not solo-story: you have disabled the tracking. the mission is still in your log and that's the mission you're entering.

If you go to Group Finder, open it, and click on Veteran Flashpoints, you'll notice that there is a box at the bottom that says something like 23/23 - meaning you have selected all 23 of the 23 available FPs (The numbers can vary depending upon where you are in the story, expansions, etc.)

If you click on that number box, it will bring up a window where you can select which FPs you want to do. If you just want to do Meridian, just deselect all the rest.

I'm not sure about the inner workings of this, but I think you can then group with anyone who selects "all" Flashpoints, so you don't have to wait for 4 people who only want Meridian.

I have done this flashpoint about 12 times (I have 12-14 characters) and all of them I have done solo and most of the individuals I know do it solo and if it is like the rest doing it group will not progress the story (unless something has changed)