Is Grand Moff Kilran bugged?

During the first phase when you are fighting adds, hiding behind pillars seems to work fine. Once you move to damage Kilran though, he seems to be able to hit you from behind pillars or boxes. Very often myself or a party member is lying dead BEHIND a box or pillar, very clearly where we should have been protected by LOS.

What is the deal with this fight? Are you just supposed to dogpile him and hope for the best? Am I not understanding how this fight works?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Lag seems to be a factor. That is, the difference in time between when he shoots, and where your position seems to be. You move out from behind a pillar, he shoots, you move back, but by the time you see yourself moving back behind the pillar, you've already been shot.

I find that continuing to move behind the pillar, even when you might seem to be headed out the other side, helps. And, of course, it's helpful to get into the UI editor and enable the "target of target" display**. Then you can duck behind something as soon as you see that you are his target.

Btw, ToT helps for the earlier boss fight with the guy who has the laser implant. If you are his target, hide. 🙂

But, outside of that, yes, he is bugged.

** The TofT display is part of the main target portrait. Like a mini-portrait of your target's target (you or a teammate).

Edited by JediQuaker