[Music] Constant music option / loop please

llesna

Dear devs,

Whenever I play SWTOR, I like to have music on all the time. As such, I have to turn off the music in-game as it frequently drops out and stops for extended periods of time, leaving me only with music for a fraction of my game time.

For players like myself, we want music to be playing at all times.

The music can still fit to the situation, such as combat, exploring etc., but it shouldn't fade into nothingness.

Please implement an option in-game to keep music on at all times, wherever you are.

Kind regards

llesna

Edited by llesna

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree, and quite frankly this is my biggest gripe with the game atm. :/

Makes me think back of the SWG days.

Yes, there were moments when no music was played, but most of the time there was.

However, the abscence of music was never as drastic as TOR's.

Music really adds to the immersion value, and I would love to see some change to this. :)

I completely agree, and quite frankly this is my biggest gripe with the game atm. :/

Makes me think back of the SWG days.

Yes, there were moments when no music was played, but most of the time there was.

However, the abscence of music was never as drastic as TOR's.

Music really adds to the immersion value, and I would love to see some change to this. :)

Indeed. I often found that the music dropped out for whole sections of maps for the entire time I was there. It's like watching a Star Wars movie without any backing music!

Edited by llesna

Yeah there's something kind of depressing about hearing your character's footfalls and nothing else (except maybe a few ambient sounds like wind).

Or the hum of your speeder, especially on the fleet :\

Edited by llesna

I would really, really like this. Flashpoints in particular are so vanilla without the stirring music. I hate when it goes away and won't come back until the next boss fight. Sometimes that's a loooong time.

Definitely. The silence is deafening, so to speak.

Edited by llesna

i don't know why this is in the suggestion forum , they need to bring this into the light ASAP why doesn't the ingame music play all the time im questing on alderaan and all i hear is footsteps this thread should not leave the front page we mean business.

i don't know why this is in the suggestion forum , they need to bring this into the light ASAP why doesn't the ingame music play all the time im questing on alderaan and all i hear is footsteps this thread should not leave the front page we mean business.

Thanks for your support there :)

Edited by llesna

• 2 weeks later...

I agree to all above. Also IMHO it would be nice to have a jukebox with SW Saga music choices like Imp March, The Force theme and so on.

And, please, guys and girls in developers team, add the rain sound to Dromund Kass. With lighting would be good. It's so out of place to see the rain without any baking sound. :(

/signed

Such lack of Music in a Star Wars game feels sooo strange...

For example the Alderaan loading screen music is great, totally fits to the planets atmosphere, yet it fades away after few seconds in-game and for the rest of the exploration experience there's just speeder sound or footsteps... I have to admit that ever since I noticed the "lack of atmosphere" caused by the silence on Coruscant this is one of the two most frustrating "issues" about swtor for me.

Even now, after 8 years from the frst kotor experience, I am able to tell each planet's theme from another and recall the atmosphere, the story, what explorationg it felt like... And in the rare cases of swtor actually playing something, I can tell which tracks have been inspired by the ones from kotor...

And anytime I hear some of the vanilla WoW soundtrack, It makes me remember how we first explored it with my friend and it makes me want to call him and play it again.

But I have no such feeling about swtor planets. The only thing i can recall is the ambient speeder sound. =(

BGM in SWTOR is broken at the moment - there is a lot of different music that just won't play - restarting the game will fix this, but after you have a conversation with an NPC, the music usually drops out. Also happens if combat music interrupts the BGM. Seems like whatever mechanism there is to return to the BGM after other sounds/music use the same sound channels just doesn't work - this is seriously bad software development...