When are crafters gonna get some Love?

Kazjan

I think it time for crafters to get some love! I mean i like the changes to classes and story and operations but don't forget about us! Can we get a system overhaul cause we need it. I think perhaps some new crafting schematics that are better than those set that can be found in the CM. CM has stolen all our customers and we want them back :)

I think it time for crafters to get some love! I mean i like the changes to classes and story and operations but don't forget about us! Can we get a system overhaul cause we need it. I think perhaps some new crafting schematics that are better than those set that can be found in the CM. CM has stolen all our customers and we want them back :)

FYI, there was an overhaul in 4.0.

• They revamped trained schematics: used to be green now blue
  • They improved the RE path: from 1 green to 3 blue to 2-5 purple down to 1 blue to 1 purple
  • They improved the RE chance from 20% to 60% or 100% (depending on what you RE)
  • They made it a LOT easier to level a crafting skill...just craft components

If you are looking for profits...

short answer: you are doing it wrong.

long answer: if you are looking to make money from crew skills, you need to be more open to crafting a wider range of items: "make credits not stuff" just because YOU do not like/want something does not mean that NO ONE does (that said be aware that sometimes your instinct is right :p). For example: on my artifice I craft roughly 10 distinct colors of color crystals in three different stats...that's 30 distinct crystals. Now some do sell faster than others, so I only craft one at a time of a given color/stat combo, and I only craft new ones when I sell them.

Furthermore, just because something is common does not mean it is not profitable. example: augments. There are literally tens of pages of alacrity and critical augments on the GTN. Yet, I rarely get them back as unsold when I post them. I do not severely undercut either. The demand is simply so high that they will ALWAYS sell. In fact, I frequently sell them within minutes of posting.

Lastly, do not focus ALL your efforts on top end stuff. All ratings are desirable. I regularly craft 228 purple mods and I easily double my investment.

for more details read my "crew skills money making" guide in my signature. I regularly rake in 20 million credits a week investing 4 hrs in that week to crew skills. If I really work it - put in 6+ hrs - I make 50 million.

What I would like to see are favorite schematics or missions. We are getting tons of them as it is, and it takes considerable amount of time to find something, specially with lower tiers.

Also, removing older useless schematics, or moving them to Archive would be appreciated.

What I would like to see are favorite schematics or missions. We are getting tons of them as it is, and it takes considerable amount of time to find something, specially with lower tiers.

Also, removing older useless schematics, or moving them to Archive would be appreciated.

I agree a crafting interface overhaul would be nice:

• allow us to filter not just sort and/or give us a search option (did it for decos :))
  • retain organization settings (i.e. if I sort by rating I do not want to have to sort by rating EVERY time I open the window)
  • give us a "favorites" category where either we can drag and drop or where the system recognizes that a given character crafts specific items or runs specific missions a lot.

Well, some more crafting recipes would do some good. I'm not especially talking about "stats" or things like 246 gear. I'm more talking about things like Color Crystal or Dye Module. Besides, there is no Cybertech grenades that requires rank 10 component, this is pretty bothersome since you have to send your partners recolt both grade 9 an 10 component (Requires twice as much time to take materials you may need, since you cannot send more than 8 partners at a time). I don't see why though, you have grade 10 stims and everything, why no grade 10 grenades ? :o

Furthermore, I would love to be able to learn the schematics for color crystal that you can find "naturally" in the game (Not CM crystals). I'm thinking about the Black/Purple or every other color that the PvP merchant sell for example.

And... More "coherent" Dye Module would do some good too. I've got nothing against some Blue/Orange set, it's perfect if you wanna make something like a... pokemon cosplay (or whatever you're into), but more "practical" color set could be interesting too :)

That's about the only things I have to say, since I haven't used much of the others crafting spec. :x But I think it would be a good start to something more interesting and rewarding for crafters to have some of these features implemented in future updates. :rak_03:

I remember way back when, on whatever planet, finding a drop "<prefix> Naval Blaster".

It was a stage between this blaster and this blaster in terms of how "built up" it was.

With weapons not being a part of the outfit designer, those I am particularly in favor of getting more and more custom schematics.

The reason I remember that particular blaster is that I am a Navy vet myself, so those blasters just struck a particular chord with me.

I would love to see them bring in all of the "lost" schematics so long as they were not promised as exclusives.

No ranked PvP stuff, no blasters that look like Nico Okarr's (even though I think that armormechs can pretty much craft a lookalike of his duster, or at least something very similar), etc.

But those other things?

I, and others, have even suggested monetizing them. Sell schematic packs in the GTN for crafters that want to expand their selection of wares.

I, and others, have even suggested monetizing them. Sell schematic packs in the GTN for crafters that want to expand their selection of wares.

I assume you mean the CM not the GTN. And in that case, why sell the schematics when they can sell the items and make more money? If they are truly desirable they will sell a lot more individual items and unlocks than schematics.

Furthermore, it would put crafting dangerously close to P2W; "want to make millions of credits using crafting, use CCs to acquire schematics X, Y, and Z." It would put those who do not pay at a disadvantage in that aspect of the game; too many players would feel obligated to pay for the those schematics.

Due to inflation and availability of many things on GTN, I think players are less and less involved in crafting. Which is good for us crafters, but bad for the game.

So many players would rather buy a crate and sell those on GTN than craft something and sell. People are not patient, they do not want to invest in companions, gather mats, craft many stuff for profit over time.

Maybe I am just dense, but what would that accomplish?

Well I get annoyed that our supposed adaptive armor is not Adaptive! You can only dye it not change stats! Also, having a separate Crafters Market will prevent crafted stuff from getting swamped on the GTN.

I assume you mean the CM not the GTN. And in that case, why sell the schematics when they can sell the items and make more money? If they are truly desirable they will sell a lot more individual items and unlocks than schematics.

Furthermore, it would put crafting dangerously close to P2W; "want to make millions of credits using crafting, use CCs to acquire schematics X, Y, and Z." It would put those who do not pay at a disadvantage in that aspect of the game; too many players would feel obligated to pay for the those schematics.

Yes, I meant the CM, and it's no more P2W than any crafters with old schematics have.

First of all, it's only credits. It's not like they are particularly hard to come by. It's not like I can't spend CCs on packs or unlocks or whatever and sell those things to make credits.

Someone wants to buy then then they buy them. Not like they will be the only player that does so. Not like they will be the only one selling their stuff.

I have an armstech that has some now-unavailable schematics.

Are you saying that they are more powerful than an armstech that does not have those schematics?

Credits are not "winning". They just aren't.

Well I get annoyed that our supposed adaptive armor is not Adaptive! You can only dye it not change stats! Also, having a separate Crafters Market will prevent crafted stuff from getting swamped on the GTN.

#1 You are confusing adaptive and modable; they are not the same thing. That said crafters do have some adaptive and modable armor. FYI that non-moddable yet adaptive armor does in fact have better stats than item modifications to stick into moddable armor. An example from some time ago but it still works: I crafted a rating 86 armor set using my armormech. That armor set required level 24 to use. Item modifications of the same rating require level 36 to use.

Yes, crafting such armor can be a big investment especially if one is concerned with always having the best available. But if I can craft a set of armor and have it waiting for a level 8 character and that gear is more than acceptable to get it to level 24, then have a level 24 set that will get that character to 40, then have a level 40 set that will get that character 55, etc...that's a pretty good option. Granted the DvL XP bonus gear set makes leveling armor moot, but not everyone has that option.

#2 and what would be the enticement for buyers to come to this crafters market? Again I just don't get it.

Credits are not "winning". They just aren't.

You may not think so, but there are those out there who treat making credits like a mini-game. And I am not saying it would be P2W but it might be perceived as P2W which is just as bad if not worse.

Currently there is more than enough armors in game that are moddable, adaptive and legacy, so crafting armors for moddability is not very good business. Won't say that it hasn't its uses, but with current leveling progress, it is diminished at best.

Crafting for cosmetic is totally different story, however, reaching a buyer can be a problem. Just crafting a whole set and posting on GTN is not expected to be a good option.

As for separate markets, well that is completely pointless since no one just wanders around GTN, people use filters and usually know what they want to buy.

• 2 weeks later...

You can always sell reasonably priced lightsaber crystals. My main does that. Mods can sell pretty well too.

It's rare I buy anything on the GTN though. Just for that one idiot on Alderaan who needs 14000 biochem things (Alliance), which is not a field I'm in. Not spending on anything just means money builds up.

It depends how much money you want as to how profitable crafting is. I'm happy with a few million.

There's the GTN "buy low, sell high" people who watch the GTN and collections and snipe accordingly when the cartel packs are discontinued. Too much of a time investment really when I could be playing the videogame instead.

Once they get around to making credits legacy wide, which should have been a thing immediately, it may have an affect on the market.

End of the day, crafting isn't for greedy people but is for people to make money. I don't even see the point in having more than el cheapo stronghold TBH. Guess people who have been around for 5 years need a credit sink. Barbie syndrome is one hell of a disease.

End of the day, crafting isn't for greedy people but is for people to make money. I don't even see the point in having more than el cheapo stronghold TBH. Guess people who have been around for 5 years need a credit sink. Barbie syndrome is one hell of a disease.

Just want to comment on this: having all six SHs fully decorated (relatively speaking) grants your legacy a 150% bonus to conquest points acquired. If you participate in conquest at all then having all the SHs decorated (even with nothing but chairs and meat trees) has a game mechanical benefit.