My veeeeery simple idea to Buff BOTH DPS spec...

Zolxtren

So i got bored of crying im doing here and others too so i was thinking what other MMOs do right with their ranged classes...

aaand heres my idea

a SORC most iconic ability is Force Lighting.

Both Lighting and Madnes uses this ability prety Often

and its a Pure single target Ability

so...

Buff force lighting DMG ALLOT + Add a %dmg converted to selfhealing on it..

Example....

Forcelighting would tick for arround 5K noncrit ( reduction by armor not included ) and 20% of its dmg would also heal you

so while channeling 5K ticks as dmg and 1K tick self healing from it

this is JUST an example....

but you buffed the SINGLE target Dmg of BOTH dps spec without touching the Aoe at all + Also gives some litle extra Self sustain that is very much needed...

yeah yeah yeah its bassicaly a channeled Siphon ability from other MMOs.... AND ? it would help........ :p

Seriously i would kill for this change love channeled life siphon type of abilities :p

Edited by Zolxtren

Lightning hasn't used Force Lightning in it's rotation ever since the passive that buffed it was removed in 3.0. While buffing Force Lightning would be interesting, it would have to be a lot for it to be worth it for Lightning and too much might make Madness too strong. If they reinstituted the old Lightning Barrage proc for Lightning it would be cool and fit the rotation again, but I don't see any of this happening

So i got bored of crying im doing here and others too so i was thinking what other MMOs do right with their ranged classes...

aaand heres my idea

a SORC most iconic ability is Force Lighting.

Both Lighting and Madnes uses this ability prety Often

and its a Pure single target Ability

so...

Buff force lighting DMG ALLOT + Add a %dmg converted to selfhealing on it..

Example....

Forcelighting would tick for arround 5K noncrit ( reduction by armor not included ) and 20% of its dmg would also heal you

so while channeling 5K ticks as dmg and 1K tick self healing from it

this is JUST an example....

but you buffed the SINGLE target Dmg of BOTH dps spec without touching the Aoe at all + Also gives some litle extra Self sustain that is very much needed...

yeah yeah yeah its bassicaly a channeled Siphon ability from other MMOs.... AND ? it would help........ :p

Seriously i would kill for this change love channeled life siphon type of abilities :p

why do you think that they are going to buff lightning? according to bioware, as a ranged burst spec, it is supposed to have the lowest dps. the nerfs to merc and sniper bring those specs down to around the same level, so why would they then turn around and push lightning up to where the others used to be?