Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

alexsamma
06.17.2017 , 10:20 AM | #741
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---
Keith, it's the small posts like this that make you awesome.

These posts may not turn into anything tangible, but they do an amazing job of transforming the image of Bioware as a remote and un-approachable corporate drone factory into a team of living, breathing individuals.

------Starkiller
06.17.2017 , 10:43 AM | #742
That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith
This is something my guild has been wanting in SWTOR FOREVER! If flagship PvP could be a thing then I would be PvPing every second.
-Jeffon/Jaffon (Jung Ma)
Guild Master <The Shadow Empire> (Imp Side)
Guild Officer <Coordinating Confusion> (Pub side)

Refer Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2WlCg4

Adric_the_Red
06.17.2017 , 11:24 AM | #743
That's one of those 'Wow, great idea type messages", but on this one, I'll have to consult with Charles to see what it would take. Sounds like organized Open World (well, Starship world) PvP and we'd need to figure out how to provide the proper incentives so everyone would want to participate.

---Keith
Truly an excellent idea.
For me, "proper incentive" would be just having this in the game.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
06.17.2017 , 11:38 AM | #744
It's like 2:30am here in Texas, but I wanted to make sure you didn't keep asking until the end of time...If we were to do something like that, it would be the most expensive Cartel Market item known to exist EVAR, as you'd likely be the only player to actually purchase it. But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?

Keith---
Oh great... Enter Alec to cry about Jedi robes until he gets HIS answer You may have opened a can of worms here buddy xD Lots of entitled people that will feel it's their god given right to have you "seriously look into" their pet issues. And will no doubt also promise to badger you until the end of time if you don't address them xD To be honest I'm in shock he hasn't came in full force already xD

Rankyn
06.17.2017 , 11:41 AM | #745
But, if you'll promise to stop asking, I will seriously look into it. Deal?
If you can offer the same deal for "traditional Jedi robes" that'd be great.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

EzioMessi
06.17.2017 , 11:46 AM | #746

---Keith
Not gonna lie, this sounds incredible and I'll be disappointed if it turns out this isn't possible. Maybe this could be the cornerstone of this year's expansion! Or even a mini-expansion like Galactic Starfighter and Strongholds.

(Psst. PSSST. I am sure a lot of "I hate using walkers" complaints will be alleviated if walker use was restricted to massive battle kinda maps. You could make PvE group battles on a similar basis too. Imagine reworking the Kuat Flashpoint to incorporate 2 players in starfighters and 2 in the shipyards themselves. Now THAT would be something.)
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

EzioMessi
06.17.2017 , 11:46 AM | #747
Quote: Originally Posted by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu View Post
Oh great... Enter Alec to cry about Jedi robes until he gets HIS answer You may have opened a can of worms here buddy xD Lots of entitled people that will feel it's their god given right to have you "seriously look into" their pet issues. And will no doubt also promise to badger you until the end of time if you don't address them xD To be honest I'm in shock he hasn't came in full force already xD
Aaaaand look one post after yours, it has begun.

Alec, we believe in you! Come here and join!
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

casirabit
06.17.2017 , 12:21 PM | #748
Keith,

Is it possible for the rewards at the Nightlife Event to be put on the collections. I know they are legacy wide but unlocking them on our account would be nice, especially the mounts and the companion instead of having to hope and pray to the RNG gods that we get more for our other accounts and some of us have 12 or more lol.

Thanks.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Zafaria
06.17.2017 , 01:37 PM | #749
How about a pvp in one of the planets cities. Conquer the city kinda like xbox games . Have objectives you need to complete and kill the opposite team. That would be a lot more fun. Have to think and kill the opposition. Having a sniper sit and prevent anyone from playing is not fun. Having to move around a building of city is way more fun.

Vlanzche
06.17.2017 , 02:00 PM | #750
Ummm...my comment was in response to PvE version of GSF. But, to answer your question, we are in the process of providing more MMO content which includes updates for the variety of game systems offered by SWTOR including, Flashpoints, Operations, PvP, GSF, story updates, companion changes, just to name a few. Those efforts should benefit the foundation of this MMO, although t do enjoy themepark content, too.

What I'm also hoping is by the increased dialog, weekly discussion threads, and regular ole, "what a great idea" type of messages, we'll deliver lots of changes enjoyable for a wide range of different play styles.

--Keith-
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, its nice having a vague idea of what beings considered.

Amidst all that I've type on Page 33, was anything considered ? I'm not trying to sound Selfish, but some of those listed was Problems Players had when they 1st started too ... And its an Issue I still here about today.

( such as Exhaustion Zones )

My point is, despite all that was stated ... Why can't Devs just Remove Exhaustion Zones ?
Or at least expand the SandBox ? ( Not ThemePark-Only )
If not that, then ... Give more Depth to each Area - rather than walking on Ground Level ... can go Underground ? Or Climb up Mountains ?

( for This Example I'll still use Tatooine. but NOTE: Other Planets can utilize this Differently ... or better )

Removing Exhaustion Zones:
~ Exploration, Seek out Crafting Material, Treasure Hunting via Relics or Ancient Sith Caves, You might fall into a
Sand Hole ... which could then lead to a Intertwined Passage-Way Filled with it's own Dangers, you find a
way back up ( via Force Abilities or Technological Abilities ) . Maybe now they want to Climb Mountains ? After
some time passing by, a Player might begin to see Mirages ... just like an actual desert. etc ...

( possible New GSI, Seeker Droid Missions and MacroBinocular Missions ? )

In short, if you wanted more content, you simply just remove Exhaustion Zones - consider Open-World ?
I'm not asking for an entire "True=Planet"
( that'll make the Game File too big )
But i know you could Make these Area Bigger.

All-in-all, I'm asking to make the Changes that will forever have a Big Impact on the MMO as a whole. And it doesn't have to solely be ThemePark Content.

Possibly the Best way to summarize this .... " Imagine a Script; A script that's entirely Lucid and well-thought-out. Then apply Logic to that Script and then implement that into the MMO "

(i.e. Think " Outside-the-Box " ... yet remembering that there is also Legends-Lore to fall-back on )

Because there's alot more to add than just ThemePark Content ... and if you do, don;t let it be Repetitive " Copy&Paste "
No Life is without Meaning, No Living thing is too small to be Strong
~ Christopher Moeller