Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

casirabit
06.13.2017 , 08:10 AM | #661
Quote: Originally Posted by ccooknineofive View Post
This should be number one goal for this game to prosper through the next years. Merge east coast servers, leave harbinger and merge eu servers. There is nothing more disappointing than waiting 45mins in que for master fp's or GF ops on a so called "populated server" only to give up. I pay a subscription to play the content in the game and currently it is not delivering.
It is being discussed here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=923727 but just merging is not an easy solution since not all servers have a population problem. Ebon Hawk is one that has a very good population and does not need to be merged not to mention the problem merging will cause with guild assets (ships, strongholds, banks) and person assets (outfit changer, strongholds, banks) and the possibility of losing command ranks (as command tokens do not transfer at the moment) so not something that is easy done.

Does some servers need merged, yea especially the old pvp servers but do they all , no.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

KeithKanneg
06.13.2017 , 08:21 AM | #662 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Swedguy View Post
Hi Keith. You mentioned wanting to improve communication, as well as this:

"We know bringing back your old Companions is extremely important so expect to see more of them returning throughout the year. "

"We will continue to provide regular improvements for companions this year to enable you to increase their influence by doing in-game tasks you typically do when you play. Companions remain an important part of SWTOR and we look forward to introducing improved ways for you to engage with them."

Would you mind if I messaged you here regarding a problem a lot of people have been facing regarding companions for a while that we're hoping will be fixed or adressed? Especially if companions are of great importance of BioWare.

Thank you.
Sure. We just released some changes for companions with today's update, but let me know what's on your mind.
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Ylliarus
06.13.2017 , 08:27 AM | #663
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Sure. We just released some changes for companions with today's update, but let me know what's on your mind.
Now this is an excellent example of excellent communication with the players, just wanted to say that ^^
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

NeoBlakkrstal
06.13.2017 , 08:43 AM | #664
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
I'm not Keith, but I'll hop in on this one!

You're definitely right - our goal was absolutely to encourage Open World PvP on Iokath. One of our main motivations for including stuff like playable vehicles and Op bosses and Player loot was to make PvP on Iokath a unique and interesting experience compared to Outlaw's Den or Ilum. And, yeah, it just doesn't seem to have grabbed folks' interest.

I don't think that forcing Players to participate in PvP is the answer - SWTOR just isn't that kind of game - so we need to look elsewhere for solutions. Presumably better incentives would be a great way to start, but I'd love to hear your thoughts (and everyone else's) on the subject. In the coming weeks one of the discussion topics we will make is on this very topic!
I am glad there is no intention to force PvP. There are far too many @sshats for that. On that note, however, a suggestion. If it is the intention to "encourage" players to participate, perhaps granting extra CXP, or additional unassembled components for PvP on Lokath, or perhaps making PvP on Lokath a requirement in a larger event, much like standard PvP was a requirement for advancement during the DvL event a year ago. That was why I started playing PvP, I stayed for the comps to gain better equipment, and discovered I like it. Maybe more people would play if it was worth their while. Just a suggestion.

KeithKanneg
06.13.2017 , 08:43 AM | #665 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
It is being discussed here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=923727 but just merging is not an easy solution since not all servers have a population problem. Ebon Hawk is one that has a very good population and does not need to be merged not to mention the problem merging will cause with guild assets (ships, strongholds, banks) and person assets (outfit changer, strongholds, banks) and the possibility of losing command ranks (as command tokens do not transfer at the moment) so not something that is easy done.

Does some servers need merged, yea especially the old pvp servers but do they all , no.
If possible, let's try to keep all server population/merge thoughts in that thread. I'm not ready to discuss this topic, yet, but having it all in one place will be very helpful.

---Keith

NeoBlakkrstal
06.13.2017 , 08:45 AM | #666
A suggestion for a future update. How about adding a drop down menu to the Planetary Missions box in the Galactic Command Interface? I can't tell you how long I spend declining missions, just to get the planet I want to do. If there was a drop down menu, allowing me to just choose that planet, it would be a tremendous time saver. People are cherry picking anyway, why not make it convenient. Thanks.

Swedguy
06.13.2017 , 09:06 AM | #667
Thank you for replying! I messaged you here on SWTOR.

SilverStarSeaker
06.13.2017 , 09:13 AM | #668
Yah, I owe you that! Let me track this down and get the information posted. But when, Keith? Good question - if I say today or tomorrow, and not make it, then I'll be in the dumper...uggh, ok, let's say by Wednesday next week, after the Patch! That's it - Wednesday, uhh, late!
Patch is out so I'm just checking in :P
Is it still looking like ranked rewards will be good to go by Wednesday?
(As you can tell I reeaallyy want to see the rewards >_<)

Oeconomicus
06.13.2017 , 09:28 AM | #669
Keith,

is there a Fix planned in 2017 for the Nightmare/Master Loottable? We are raiding Nightmare/Master on a regulary Basis. Getting no Tokens compared to Veteran / HC is an issue that should be adressed. I know, nightmare guilds are rare, but playing and conquering the highest difficult Level of Gaming should be rewarded in a proper way.

Thx in advance for your answer.
"A life without regrets is a life well-lived" - Emperor Valkorion

KeithKanneg
06.13.2017 , 09:34 AM | #670 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by SilverStarSeaker View Post
Patch is out so I'm just checking in :P
Is it still looking like ranked rewards will be good to go by Wednesday?
(As you can tell I reeaallyy want to see the rewards >_<)
Yes, Musco has the details and will be making a post about it by tomorrow. I told him no donuts until he gets it done!