Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MasterVidnyl's Avatar


MasterVidnyl
06.13.2017 , 05:56 AM | #651
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
We are monitoring, but as someone pointed out, there are a lot of questions and we may not directly address each one. For the most part, if the topic is about something in the roadmap or our plans, this is the right place to ask those questions. In some cases, we will take it up in our weekly discussions, and in others, just address it right away. With respect to longer term plans, if we haven't already discussed it openly, we likely will hold back any real response until a later time.

---Keith
It is extremely reassuring to see that you are reading this thread. Thank you for your time and effort. The changeover in leadership has already been an improvement. Keep it up!

Cheers,
Vidnyl
Master Artorius Vidnyl

http://www.swtor.com/r/yRJ3Hm

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
06.13.2017 , 06:10 AM | #652
Hi Keith, is there any update on what this week's weekly discussion post will be? I think the class changes discussion and the combined server merger threads have been the past two discussions. I'm crusio to see which of the players' concerns are currently high enough on the priority list to make it into the weekly discussions.

(I hope this week's discussion isn't Ranked rewards, because that sounds less like a discussion and more like you telling us what's already happening.)
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

ccooknineofive's Avatar


ccooknineofive
06.13.2017 , 06:37 AM | #653
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Hi Keith,

#populationproblems

Still no word about the Dinosaur in the room (it's so big now it squashed the elephant). Lots of people on lots of servers and in lots of time zones cannot play group content anymore because of lack of population on those servers or in those times zones.
I hope this is going to be one of the first topics your weekly "player communication" includes.


#crossfactionpvp

It's time for crossfaction pvp. Players such as myself can't pvp at reasonable times (our time zones) because of lack of population. At 9pm AEST last night there were 68 players in the imperial fleet on Harbinger. There were 24 on TEH.

Keith, I'm glad you were able to get the roadmap out on time. It looks like a good start. Let's hope these weekly communications will address the other tough issues listed above.
This should be number one goal for this game to prosper through the next years. Merge east coast servers, leave harbinger and merge eu servers. There is nothing more disappointing than waiting 45mins in que for master fp's or GF ops on a so called "populated server" only to give up. I pay a subscription to play the content in the game and currently it is not delivering.

Ylliarus's Avatar


Ylliarus
06.13.2017 , 07:02 AM | #654
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
We are monitoring, but as someone pointed out, there are a lot of questions and we may not directly address each one. For the most part, if the topic is about something in the roadmap or our plans, this is the right place to ask those questions. In some cases, we will take it up in our weekly discussions, and in others, just address it right away. With respect to longer term plans, if we haven't already discussed it openly, we likely will hold back any real response until a later time.

---Keith
I will admit though that it would be amazing to get an answer on additional character customization options for non-Human species, an aspect of the game that hasn't been touched sadly for a while, mainly on the question whether the team is considering adding new appearance customization options for races like Twi'lek, Cathar, Zabrak, Miraluka, Chiss, Togruta and so on. People have been suggesting that there could be bundles released each month or two, containing various new customization options for one particular species and the bundles would come out until all the species have had their options in the character creator updated. To start off, it would be great for example to see the four additional Eye Colours we have, Yellow, Blue, Green and White, to be made into Cathar models, so that their eye design could fit those as well
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
06.13.2017 , 07:06 AM | #655
Quote: Originally Posted by ccooknineofive View Post
There is nothing more disappointing than waiting 45mins in que for master fp's or GF ops on a so called "populated server" only to give up..
Yes, there is. Losing the Millions of Credits and CC invested in Stronghold (Personal & Guild) and Guild Flagships. I've already lost two Legacy names, and 6 Character names due to server mergers, if I lose anymore I'll not be sticking around.

You could, for example, join a Guild. When the guild I am in wants to do Master Mode FP's we queue for all of 3 seconds and then we are in, because there's a full group signed up and ready to go.

If Mergers can happen without the need to lose investment in SH, Flagships, and without the need for Legacy/Character name changes then I am all for it - if they can't then it would be a game killer for me.

Why should players who have, so far, had no real issues with queue times lose out just become some players are impatient?

Why should players who have made the effort to form a guild, invested in Guild Strongholds and Flagships, and personal Strongholds (5 needed at 100% for full Conquest Bonus) lose all of that effort because some players are too impatient, and refuse to use the existing server transfer service offered by Bioware?

Quote: Originally Posted by ccooknineofive View Post
This should be number one goal for this game to prosper through the next years. Merge east coast servers, leave harbinger and merge eu servers.
BTW, you are aware the most likely route to rebalance server populations would be to close Harbinger ans distribute its population to the currently under populated servers; same with TRE in Europe. The small servers will not be closed, the bigger ones will - because the same desired end-goal can be achieved by closing less servers that way.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
06.13.2017 , 07:20 AM | #656
Quote: Originally Posted by ccooknineofive View Post
This should be number one goal for this game to prosper through the next years. Merge east coast servers, leave harbinger and merge eu servers. There is nothing more disappointing than waiting 45mins in que for master fp's or GF ops on a so called "populated server" only to give up. I pay a subscription to play the content in the game and currently it is not delivering.
They can't simply merge all servers. RP needs to stay separate. East and West Coast needs to stay separate. EU needs language based segregation.

Imo they should have two east coast and two west coast servers, and two EU servers (two = RP and not-RP). The EU servers however will need English, French and German instances for everything in them.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

DownloadStarter's Avatar


DownloadStarter
06.13.2017 , 07:24 AM | #657
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
They can't simply merge all servers. RP needs to stay separate. East and West Coast needs to stay separate. EU needs language based segregation.

Imo they should have two east coast and two west coast servers, and two EU servers (two = RP and not-RP). The EU servers however will need English, French and German instances for everything in them.
The language issue alone is enough to make a three-server EU solution more palatable. But even cutting to seven servers would be a massive shot in the arm for queuing.

EzioMessi's Avatar


EzioMessi
06.13.2017 , 07:25 AM | #658
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Yes, there is. Losing the Millions of Credits and CC invested in Stronghold (Personal & Guild) and Guild Flagships. I've already lost two Legacy names, and 6 Character names due to server mergers, if I lose anymore I'll not be sticking around.

You could, for example, join a Guild. When the guild I am in wants to do Master Mode FP's we queue for all of 3 seconds and then we are in, because there's a full group signed up and ready to go.

If Mergers can happen without the need to lose investment in SH, Flagships, and without the need for Legacy/Character name changes then I am all for it - if they can't then it would be a game killer for me.

Why should players who have, so far, had no real issues with queue times lose out just become some players are impatient?

Why should players who have made the effort to form a guild, invested in Guild Strongholds and Flagships, and personal Strongholds (5 needed at 100% for full Conquest Bonus) lose all of that effort because some players are too impatient, and refuse to use the existing server transfer service offered by Bioware?



BTW, you are aware the most likely route to rebalance server populations would be to close Harbinger ans distribute its population to the currently under populated servers; same with TRE in Europe. The small servers will not be closed, the bigger ones will - because the same desired end-goal can be achieved by closing less servers that way.

All The Best
Please don't make the issue into "players are impatient". It's far more than that. Plenty of servers (like my old home, JungMa) just don't have players queuing up for content, period. They don't have active guilds, period. It's not about impatience, it's about unplayability. Some of us may not want to server transfer for the EXACT reasons you're against merges.

If our issues with queue times are caused by "impatience", your argument of not losing your investments can be termed as "greed" can they not? And the same way you dislike your playstyle being affected by our "impatience", we don't want our playstyle affected by your "greed".

I know you offered the reasonable compromise that you're for server merges as long as investments aren't lost, and that's probably the best outcome for everyone involved, that most of us would willingly support. But please don't deconstruct other players' very valid concerns into issues of "impatience" because they are so much more than that.
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

DraonaiMimnov's Avatar


DraonaiMimnov
06.13.2017 , 07:37 AM | #659
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
I honestly don't know, but will inquire about it and come back with a more definitive answer.

---Keith
People just want to make Theron look more ridiculous than he already is, but it's already been done! - http://i.imgur.com/KXueiyD.png

Let us make his mohawk pink too.
Shadowlands
Covenant of the Phoenix

DarthSpuds's Avatar


DarthSpuds
06.13.2017 , 07:57 AM | #660
Quote: Originally Posted by EzioMessi View Post
Please don't make the issue into "players are impatient". It's far more than that. Plenty of servers (like my old home, JungMa) just don't have players queuing up for content, period. They don't have active guilds, period. It's not about impatience, it's about unplayability. Some of us may not want to server transfer for the EXACT reasons you're against merges.
Well surely the solution here is to bite the bullet and those people stuck in inactive guilds form a new guild with enough players to punch through the FP / Ops queue?

There is NO solution to this issue that is going to allow all players to keep everything - Guild Names, Legacy, Strongholds, etc.

So the ONLY fair solution is one that a) negatively impacts as few players as possible, and b) targets most of those negative impacts on the people demanding action.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.