Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

rednhax
05.31.2017 , 07:21 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by AscendingSky View Post
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at your post. We just came off two straight years and two sequential expansions of NOTHING BUT attention to story and bringing in a couple dozen companions, and you're already complaining that not enough attention and effort are being paid to those two things just because the devs are taking a couple months break from them? Are you serious? XD
Wasn't the last expansion released December 2nd? Didn't 5 months just go by this year with just one story content release? With a story planned for release in August, that makes two story related patches in 8 months!

Icykill_
05.31.2017 , 07:23 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
I would also support return of PVP and Operations access for non-subscribers.
Only preferred.. not F2P.. if they want content they need to fork out some money, otherwise we are basically paying for them to play for free.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

AscendingSky
05.31.2017 , 07:24 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by rednhax View Post
Wasn't the last expansion released December 2nd? Didn't 5 months just go by this year with just one story content release? With a story planned for release in August, that makes two story related patches in 8 months!
April gave us the whole start of the War for Iokath story. Where have you been? XD That makes it less than two months since we got any story... after two straight years of focus on story... two entire expansions composed of nothing BUT story... compared to the two and a half years raiders had to wait for an ops boss. I think you'll live!
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

stoopicus
05.31.2017 , 07:25 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Only preferred.. not F2P.. if they want content they need to fork out some money, otherwise we are basically paying for them to play for free.
Honestly if it increases the queue pops I don't mind. F2P is already gimped in many other ways. Opening operations and PvP to them would have a direct positive impact for subs, so I say go for it, for regs anyway.

Ranked would be a massive trolling lightning rod if opened to F2P. And frankly something would have to be done to counter that in regs too. But it is an idea worth exploring for sure.

rednhax
05.31.2017 , 07:26 PM | #145
April gave us the whole start of the War for Iokath story. Where have you been? XD
That would be the one story patch so far, second one is August. Not saying they shouldn't be providing other types of content, just saying it would be nice if every patch had a little something for everyone.

AscendingSky
05.31.2017 , 07:28 PM | #146
That would be the one story patch so far, second one is August. Not saying they shouldn't be providing other types of content, just saying it would be nice if every patch had a little something for everyone.
Hey, we raiders are having to wait months in between ops bosses too. So these patches ARE giving something for everyone. It's just not all story all the time like you want, and like you've been getting for the past two years. So again, still minimal sympathy here.
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Icykill_
05.31.2017 , 07:29 PM | #147
I'm sorry, I couldn't help but laugh at your post. We just came off two straight years and two sequential expansions of NOTHING BUT attention to story and bringing in a couple dozen companions, and you're already complaining that not enough attention and effort are being paid to those two things just because the devs are taking a couple months break from them? Are you serious? XD
Agreed. The rest of the game has been sadly neglected while all the focus turned to solo story mode. This is supposed to be an MMO and that requires group content.
While the story is nice, there are no options to run it as a group, so it essentially makes it a single player console type game. If I wanted to play that sort of game I would play my Xbox or play station.
So seeing as those stories neglect any MMO group like participation, it's only fair that they take a break from them to add some group content to compliment the solo player experience.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

Icykill_
05.31.2017 , 07:34 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
Honestly if it increases the queue pops I don't mind. F2P is already gimped in many other ways. Opening operations and PvP to them would have a direct positive impact for subs, so I say go for it, for regs anyway.

Ranked would be a massive trolling lightning rod if opened to F2P. And frankly something would have to be done to counter that in regs too. But it is an idea worth exploring for sure.
They can already bypass it with the loop hole of queuing with subs. Maybe if they paid for a one off pass to access pvp for a year I could get on board. I just don't agree that subscribers should carry their cheap arses. If I got pvp for free I would unsub tomorrow because that's all I play. That's not very fair to the subscribers and Bioware would lose more money from people like me who only pvp.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦

mike_carton
05.31.2017 , 07:35 PM | #149
We might be reading into the roadmap material that is not present. I didn't see the following promises in it even when they were touched upon:
  • Weapons turnings being added to collections
  • UC becoming legacy bound
  • CXP becoming legacy bound
  • New GSF map
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.
Click this SWTOR link to create an account or log in and we both earn rewards (7-day Free Subscription, 1 Free Server Transfer, Free JumpStart or Preferred Bundles).

Icykill_
05.31.2017 , 07:47 PM | #150
Solo story people got "3 years of content" and all resources went to that. Any group content was an after thought and had measly resources appointed, which made it rubbish.
Also nothing's really been fixed yet from that expansion.. all their time has been focused on trying to fix all the mistakes relating to it.. the measly group content added was terrible and had no substance.. the gearing for that group content drove people away from the game.. the only people who benefited from the current gearing system was the solo story guys and they don't need top tier gear...

You guys have had it good for 3 years. How about giving the MMO part of the game some content... you do know this is an MMO game.. not a console story game??

Once they fix all of those issues and add some quality group content, I'm all for them adding more story, especially if they make it so that groups of people can do it together so it's social and not isolated. But there also needs to be a balance between solo story content and group content and there hasn't been for years. That balance may take sometime to catch up. You need to be patient like we've been.
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦