Toborro’s Glittering Fury... How??

Tanga_Yal

Can someone give me a clue on this one. Its the first thing in the game I can't kill!!

I read that when it fires up it's maga one shot kill weapon you're supposed to move out of the way. Which sounds like a great idea, but as soon as it powers up. ie as soon as those red lights come on none of my movement keys or the mouse work any more so I stand there and die! Tried 7 times now, same every time...

So, how the heck can you kill it??

you need to stay on his side. Get a tank companion to keep the droid facing him, and stay on the droid's side at all time even if he slows you down. Don't try to interrupt, he can't be interrupted.

I got him with a friend, we were both using Treek in tank stance, he was healing Treek, I was dpsing the boss from the side.

Your companion cannot be harmed by the laser but it kills you in one shot so that's why you need to stay on his side.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've also read the run through on Dulfy, and that say nothing about this.

I've just run it (again!) and the same thing. As soon as that damn droid lights up all my movement stops! Its looking like a bug... I'm going try getting a comp do it while I heal and see if that gets it done...

you need to stay on his side. Get a tank companion to keep the droid facing him, and stay on the droid's side at all time even if he slows you down. Don't try to interrupt, he can't be interrupted.

I got him with a friend, we were both using Treek in tank stance, he was healing Treek, I was dpsing the boss from the side.

Your companion cannot be harmed by the laser but it kills you in one shot so that's why you need to stay on his side.

Hmm. Your companion can't be harmed by its laser? That might've been useful to me a long time ago when I did it. :p

Okay, I just did this fight as a 55 Jedi Sage.

The key to this fight is bring out your tank. I used Qyzen. he doesn't have to be top gear. First, set Qyzen to attack. Stay back and let Qyzen take aggro (that's the key to the fight). Keep your sheild around Qyzen and keep him healed. Through a few dps dots when you can but focus on letting Qyzen dps the droid. When the druid cast the Laser to the front, make sure to stay to the side of the Droid. With Qyzen tanking the droid will not look at you. When the droid does the shut down, get some dps in, but make sure Qyzen is healed and don't pull aggro

Also you don't have to be spec'd in the healer tree for this as I am Telekinetics

Edited by Amilyne

I ran it last night and just sat back and healed Nadia. She mopped it up in about a minute...

So it's done at least. I'll try it with a different class, but my next alt is only at lvl 32 so might take a week to get him there.

Thanks for all the help people...

As a Sentinel (and after dying once because I wasn't really paying attention - must have been his death-ray, I guess) I sent Scourgy-baby in first, and I stood behind the robot poking him in the rear with with my sabre. The thing went down like a ton of bricks.

Much easier than the Makeb final boss on the Imperial side. Not even really in the same ball park.

Edited by PLynkes

Much easier than the Makeb final boss on the Imperial side. Not even really in the same ball park.

It's funny that you mention that. I ran the Revenge of the Archon on my Assasin last weekend, after reason someone's suggestion to ignore all adds and mechanics and do nothing but focus on the boss.

Despite only being level 53, it worked perfectly. Much easier than other times I tried this dealing with all the fiddle-faddle in the fight.

That's how I beat him too. Messing with the ads and the buttons at the back just got me killed real quick. Ignoring all that jazz and just putting the hurt on the Archon (again, while standing behind him) was my route to victory.

• 7 months later...
I don't remember this fight, I just remember that I came away underwhelmed and disappointed from it after killing it on my shadow tank. After having done the Impside story, which I find superior in so many aspects, several times, the major pubside bosses were a huge let-down.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
Tried under it, died. Tried staying to one side, it turned with me and I'm dead. I have a jedi sentinel. Making me crazy

Jedi Guardian here - sent Kira in first, let her take the shot, then stayed on its right side for the first half of the fight, running a typical rotation. When it started with the AoE attacks, kept moving under and to its side, staying out of the radii, pounding it down the entire time. Took about a minute or so.

• 1 year later...

really usefull tip. thanks

• 8 months later...
The first few times I fought this thing got it done with no trouble. That was Jedi consular; trooper and smuggler. Now, I have a lvl 71 jedi sentinel who is taking a beating. He has boss immunities to interrupt and my cleanse cooldown isn't fast enough to keep moving fast. I've tried all these things above except using Kira. I have Doc. Will change to Kira and see what happens. She calls me tough guy. She'd give her life for me right???

• 1 year later...
Can someone give me a clue on this one. Its the first thing in the game I can't kill!!

I read that when it fires up it's maga one shot kill weapon you're supposed to move out of the way. Which sounds like a great idea, but as soon as it powers up. ie as soon as those red lights come on none of my movement keys or the mouse work any more so I stand there and die! Tried 7 times now, same every time...

So, how the heck can you kill it??

yea it does not matter where you are, it is everything in the room get incinerated to ash the second the robot fir that weapon, does not matter if you are the corner and it on the other side fighting your companion, when it fire at companion everything living dies except the worm under the shield...

would not surprise me if it was a bug, coming back after 7 years paus I thought they fixed most things, but it seem they just bought super cars, yachts and mansions around the world instead of improving the game lol

yea that no longer works, it is no longer a beam, more like gas or radiation that covers the entire room, it does not matter if you stay in front, to the sides or behind it, you get insta gibbed

edit 3:: Yea it is a NUKE missile and not a beam

I sent companion in to fight it, i went to other corner, about 200 feet to its side, it fired the nuke at my companion and i insta die...repeated, but instead stood 200 feet behind it and again, instant death

Edited by Belnick

• 4 months later...

After dying several times (insta-kill) then doing some research, this is what worked for me:

1. Stand in the hallway, just a little behind the throne room's threshold, behind the wall that frames the doorway.
  2. Tilt your camera so that you can see the droid, but so that you are still hidden.
  3. Set your companion to tank.
  4. Click on the droid, then and command your companion to attack.

The heat beam won't kill your companion and you are protected by the wall you're hiding behind. It'll take a couple of minutes, but your companion will be able to wipe the droid no problem.

I did this with a lv75 trooper and Elara Doorne as my companion.