Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Increased Command chest drop rate - a joke

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Increased Command chest drop rate - a joke

IoNonSoEVero
06.16.2019 , 08:04 PM | #21
I was actually disappointed to get a crystal - since they don't seem to be legacy currency, and the drop rate is so low, I'm doubting I'll get enough to do anything with them. I know you can get the 252 pieces for two crystals, but considering I've received exactly one in six months with probably a thousand or more boxes opened, I have no faith that I will ever run across a second one (yes, I know about the exchange for UCs but IMHO the exchange rate is ridiculous). I'm just presuming the crystal will sit in my currency window until 6.0 and then be removed for credits.

ceryxp
06.16.2019 , 08:46 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I was actually disappointed to get a crystal - since they don't seem to be legacy currency, and the drop rate is so low, I'm doubting I'll get enough to do anything with them. I know you can get the 252 pieces for two crystals, but considering I've received exactly one in six months with probably a thousand or more boxes opened, I have no faith that I will ever run across a second one (yes, I know about the exchange for UCs but IMHO the exchange rate is ridiculous). I'm just presuming the crystal will sit in my currency window until 6.0 and then be removed for credits.
UC's are being converted to credits as well. Since historically the conversion rate has been pretty abysmal I've decided to spend all of mine before 6.0. But with only buying one per week across six characters it's still going to take me until the middle of August to get all of them spent.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

IoNonSoEVero
06.16.2019 , 08:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
UC's are being converted to credits as well. Since historically the conversion rate has been pretty abysmal I've decided to spend all of mine before 6.0. But with only buying one per week across six characters it's still going to take me until the middle of August to get all of them spent.
I know, but I can do a lot more with the UCs if I use them to buy the Iokath/Gemini gear for characters rather than exchange them for crystals for that extortionate rate. At 8 UCs/Tier 4 crate, even getting 500 for one crystal is ridiculously long so I'm not even going to try to kit out any of my characters that way. I'd rather use the UCs to get as many of my characters as I can reasonably strong at 242 or 248 gear and augment them than to blow all the UCs on trying to outfit one character in 252s.

foxmob
06.16.2019 , 09:09 PM | #24
I could care less about the masterwork crystals, of which I've opened at least 3 this week. I need the freakin' monumental crystals.
Krack

MingusPho
06.16.2019 , 10:30 PM | #25
I get mwc's and 252 boxes from command crates left and right across five toons. I got two 252 mainhands just yesterday but usually I get clicky relics.

Collec
06.17.2019 , 01:36 AM | #26
Opened 800+ crates so far...got around 20 or so masterwork crystals and probably over 40-50 artifacts boxes. I don't know exact count,because I have been opening crates for past 3 days and I don't count every crate i open or every crystal I get. This is just rough estimation. So from my end, rng is pretty good. It's what should've been from start of Ossus, but since I stopped caring about top gear long time ago, i just stashed crates into inventory.

Also all this is not on 1 toon. About now it's across 6 or maybe even 7 toons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REFERRAL LINK : http://www.swtor.com/r/ZB5DWv