Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Thoughts on fixing the lag

Darevsool
06.15.2019 , 11:36 AM | #1
1. Make instances on ALL planets cap at 50 or 60.
or
2. Instead of giving conquest points for ALL kills based on XP rates, limit it to "gold" mobs or higher. That should reduce the number of calculations the servers are running ALL the time now.
<Dead Wookiee Storage> Imp - StarForge/Satele Shan
<Babyslaughter> Pub - Star Forge
<SluisVanShipyards> Pub - Satele Shan
....and who doesn't like laughing babies?

battycoda
06.15.2019 , 03:06 PM | #2
I was in an instance on Nar Shaddaa that had only 42 people and I gave up and exited the game because it was the worst I have encountered yet.

Calling it lag is not really what it is though. There's something busted with combat and abilities. I can move around just fine as long as I don't touch anything. If I was lagging, I would jitter and rubberband.

My signature was current on Makeb... Airlocked!

TrixxieTriss
06.15.2019 , 10:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by battycoda View Post
I was in an instance on Nar Shaddaa that had only 42 people and I gave up and exited the game because it was the worst I have encountered yet.

Calling it lag is not really what it is though. There's something busted with combat and abilities. I can move around just fine as long as I don't touch anything. If I was lagging, I would jitter and rubberband.
Agreed, the instance isn’t the issue here.

I’ve run Dantooine in the pvp instance with only myself being in it and activation lag on abilities and combat is still there.

Of course, the more people around, the worse it is.

xordevoreaux
06.16.2019 , 12:23 PM | #4
Just drink enough alcohol until you're as slow as the game.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

KoriVash
06.16.2019 , 03:40 PM | #5
I like and want to keep the new conquest points from kills and other stuff. so hopw BW don't remove them
Not sure new instance at around 50-60 players would get rid of the lag but would not say no to it. I spend far to much of my time just waiting for repawns since the merge that anything be better than it is now.