Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

Visorknight
06.12.2019 , 09:54 PM | #1
There is an economically breaking exploit right now due to the conquest changes. Please look into reducing the number of premium pvp ranked mats rewarded such as charged matter transubstantiator when conquest is completed for large and medium invasion guilds. As of now, it takes minimal effort to max out all 24 alts to conquest cap of 15k weekly. Large guild conquest invasion is too easy now and even soloable. Charged matter transubstantiator have collaspe to almost worthless value now as players are already abuse the conquest system just to get mats and sell and make hundreds of millions credits per week on each server. Giving out charged matter transubstantiators or patch 6.0 equivalent of ranked pvp premium mats is a terrible idea! How does this makes it fair to ranked pvp players to play as it is their rewards to q and play pvp?

TrixxieTriss
06.12.2019 , 10:43 PM | #2
Well the nerfed conquest points on mobs last night, so I guess you got your wish

KendraP
06.12.2019 , 10:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Well the nerfed conquest points on mobs last night, so I guess you got your wish
I think his wish would be to lock mats behind ranked pvp.

Not to you:
Looks like the extended weekly didnt work out as expected and make people do more ranked eh, OP

TrixxieTriss
06.12.2019 , 10:51 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I think his wish would be to lock mats behind ranked pvp.

Not to you:
Looks like the extended weekly didnt work out as expected and make people do more ranked eh, OP
Yes, I think he didn’t want to give up his inflated prices and easy income on the GTN

KendraP
06.12.2019 , 10:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Yes, I think he didn’t want to give up his inflated prices and easy income on the GTN
And not to mention, after the event is over on dantooine and conquest becomes harder than spam dantooine repeatedly, the prices should stabilize at least some. Supply and demand?

TrixxieTriss
06.12.2019 , 11:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
And not to mention, after the event is over on dantooine and conquest becomes harder than spam dantooine repeatedly, the prices should stabilize at least some. Supply and demand?
Yep. Plus, there are a tonne of people on during a double XP event. All prices across the board take a dive because even thing gets flooded on the GTN.
Once the event stops, prices always go up.
If you want to really make credits on the GTN during an even, you prepare in advance and you start stock piling items a week to two weeks before an event and then fight on price till idiots drive it too low, then buy the lot.
I’ve made 20 mil in the last 4 days by just selling 228 Augments for 170,000. I’ve sold so many that I literally can’t keep up with the mats. So when some people drive the price to low, Ive bought the lot and relisted them and still made 50-70 thousand per Augments. I’ve just started doing this with the 236 ones too because people are driving the price too low.
The OP could be doing this if they were smart.

Sarlegant
06.12.2019 , 11:29 PM | #7
I don’t understand how playing the game as intended, is an exploit.
I don’t understand how using this exploit has driven down prices, and at the same time millions are being made.

Visorknight
06.12.2019 , 11:48 PM | #8
The main issue here is, if charged matter transubstantiator is given out like candy weekly and selling at pit bottom prices, who is even bothering to q ranked pvp now?

SteveTheCynic
06.13.2019 , 12:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
who is even bothering to q ranked pvp now?
Given the endless and vitriolic complaints about "mat-farming scrubs" in ranked, that's probably a good thing.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

TrixxieTriss
06.13.2019 , 01:01 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
The main issue here is, if charged matter transubstantiator is given out like candy weekly and selling at pit bottom prices, who is even bothering to q ranked pvp now?
I still don’t understand why people who love pvp need an excuse to play it. If they are only playing for the rewards, why are they even playing the game.