Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

super lag on SF Dantooine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keta's Avatar


Keta
06.14.2019 , 10:00 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issue and actively investigating solutions. Some adjustments were made last night that seem to have helped in some areas but not others, so we're continuing to pursue solutions to fully address the issue. I'll be sure to update you later today as we learn more. In the meantime, please continue to share any lag you're noticing on Dantooine or elsewhere (or any improvements)!
Taris was laggy all day yesterday (Republic Version). Both during prime time and off peak hours.
Yes, another referral link; click it or don't. Free stuff for you, free stuff for me.

AndrewAlberts's Avatar


AndrewAlberts
06.14.2019 , 11:00 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issue and actively investigating solutions. Some adjustments were made last night that seem to have helped in some areas but not others, so we're continuing to pursue solutions to fully address the issue. I'll be sure to update you later today as we learn more. In the meantime, please continue to share any lag you're noticing on Dantooine or elsewhere (or any improvements)!

Here's a solution, turn off Conquest XP for killing adds! Players have been saying this ever since the start of the week, the servers cannot handle the calculations and it is slowing them down. How hard is it to turn them off and KEEP them off?!

taxidermis's Avatar


taxidermis
06.14.2019 , 11:38 AM | #13
Hey Dan really appreciate the heads up! Thanks! Update did the heroics a couple hours ago seemed less laggy. Still there but less. As others in several threads have pointed out it seems to be affected by instance size.. what if instances were capped to 50 instead?
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

Zin-Zin's Avatar


Zin-Zin
06.14.2019 , 01:28 PM | #14
The ability delay on Starforge server has the game nigh unplayable. I was getting a 2 second delay on Nar Shaddaa while doing heroics, 59 people in instance.

Whatever was updated with the last restart has NOT fixed the issue.

mydocs's Avatar


mydocs
06.14.2019 , 02:55 PM | #15
Dantooine is also laggy on Tulak Hord. Didn't check out other planets tbh...

DanielSteed's Avatar


DanielSteed
06.14.2019 , 04:05 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Throughout today the team has made some back-end changes to help alleviate the issue. While we've noticed an initial positive effect from this, I will closely be monitoring the Forums over the weekend. Please continue to let us know if there are issues or if its gotten better. If you are still having issues, please include the area and server to help us narrow our scope. I will be sure to pass it on to the team and we can act accordingly.
Daniel Steed | Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

HiltoftheDragon's Avatar


HiltoftheDragon
06.14.2019 , 04:13 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Hello everyone!

I wanted to let everyone know that the team is aware of the issue and actively investigating solutions. Some adjustments were made last night that seem to have helped in some areas but not others, so we're continuing to pursue solutions to fully address the issue. I'll be sure to update you later today as we learn more. In the meantime, please continue to share any lag you're noticing on Dantooine or elsewhere (or any improvements)!
Revert back to the previous conquest system. Why investigate it and leave many folks with an unplayable game. Your player base have already done the work for you and youre not listening.
The Solari Legacy
"You have brought me pain and torment. I will return the favor."

MagSul's Avatar


MagSul
06.14.2019 , 04:35 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Throughout today the team has made some back-end changes to help alleviate the issue. While we've noticed an initial positive effect from this, I will closely be monitoring the Forums over the weekend. Please continue to let us know if there are issues or if its gotten better. If you are still having issues, please include the area and server to help us narrow our scope. I will be sure to pass it on to the team and we can act accordingly.
Thank you for keeping us posted! ^.^

DakhathKilrathi's Avatar


DakhathKilrathi
06.14.2019 , 04:37 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewAlberts View Post
Here's a solution, turn off Conquest XP for killing adds! Players have been saying this ever since the start of the week, the servers cannot handle the calculations and it is slowing them down. How hard is it to turn them off and KEEP them off?!
I like getting conquest for doing content. Additionally, if we're ever going to have that system function, they have to be able to test it under load. I'm willing to wait a few days so long as they can fix the problem eventually and actually communicate with us while it's broken.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.14.2019 , 06:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DakhathKilrathi View Post
I like getting conquest for doing content. Additionally, if we're ever going to have that system function, they have to be able to test it under load. I'm willing to wait a few days so long as they can fix the problem eventually and actually communicate with us while it's broken.
I’ve no issue with testing it out under load. What I do have a problem with is beta testing something during double xp/CXP weeks.
If they are going to do changes like this, bring them in when double points isn’t on or offer double points again as soon as they fix it.
This sort of thing happens nearly everytime they have an event like this. I can only imagine how many people come back to the game and get quickly turned off by it again.
You shouldn’t run these events unless you know the game is 100% solid. You don’t use the time to load test to see if the players can break it.
The week should be about getting players to come back and fall in love with the game again. Not come back and remember all the bad crap that made them leave in the first place.