Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bug hunt XP Nerf?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Severith
06.12.2019 , 02:20 PM | #21
When 6.0 hits, and the galactic renown comes into play, they're not going to want any singular areas or methods being over the top in exp/renown gains, because that will kill the game.

It would turn into a "do the miserable thing that gives the most exp until you hate swtor" situation, like the KP trash killing that happened with the 5.0 launch.

I expect the imp hunt area in Nar Shadda to be nerfed as well, if not now then before 6.0.

I also expect every sub is going to get a level 70 boost when 6.0 hits as well.

What they should do, is allow a ramp up in difficulty for story missions, for a significant boost in exp. The big problem right now is that the story missions are so easy they're boring. Why not kill two birds with one stone, by making the story missions difficult and rewarding, rather than an automatic win and a snoozefest.

BlueShiftRecall
06.12.2019 , 02:27 PM | #22
Played Imp Hunt on pub side yesterday and didn't notice any change there and there were times we had a full group, wasn't able to get into a Bug Hunt yesterday it was always full when I checked it out, will be very interested to see if I can get in today and see.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dreildrag View Post
Real reason they nerfed it? Hard to sell $18 lvl 70 Master datacrons when you can grind it over a few hours free.
This.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelefantos View Post
BTW, it's really hard not to read your name as Blue****tRecall.
Supporter Of: Purple Twi'leks (Since 2015) , More Miraluka Masks and Pink Togruta's

Failtima
06.12.2019 , 02:39 PM | #23
Not surprised by this change at all. Even the timing makes sense, even aside from the upcoming expansion.

I was figuring it'd be no more than a couple of days before bug hunt was going to be filled with full conquest guild ops groups of 70's farming conquest points, on a ridiculous number of world maps.

That's what I was expecting AND seeing some of the big conquest guilds talking about organizing to start doing.

Hell, on my one new toon I was leveling up with bug hunt from 30 - 70 she earned 130k conquest. Just from xp, and full Bal & Galac rampages.

Xerkrom
06.12.2019 , 03:07 PM | #24
Oh well, next best thing, just run Hammer Station all day until you want to die.

aerockyul
06.12.2019 , 03:22 PM | #25
The neverending give and take between the playerbase (Goldilocks) and the devs (Just Mama and Papa Bear. There is no Baby Bear and never will be. Goldilocks wouldn't have ever been satisfied with Baby Bear anyway)
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Selauna, Wrathiva, Maulyah Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Ecksi
Jaista, Katie Bee, Altheeka Eko'va, Misphire, Dani Clarke
Portrait Gallery ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!
There's a difference between constructive criticism and hostility because you didn't get your way

KeithKanneg
06.12.2019 , 03:39 PM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted, but wanted to jump in and say yep, we've known about this area and had planned to fix it with the expansion.

We typically don't include these types of changes in Patch Notes, but tbh, this snuck out with 5.10.3a. Since it's now effectively rolled out, we'll keep it in and will update the /slap message you're receiving when you are killing the poor bugs. What you are seeing isn't the final change, so we'll make additional adjustments in upcoming patches.

Speaking of patches, we have a mid-summer update including the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event (with new rewards) coming out soon. Most of the team is focused on the expansion and of course, what follows in the winter.

See some of you at the Cantina in San Diego next month!

Keith---

ps...I'm seeing double XP and double CXP in-game on my toons, so you might want to check again. It's typically visible on your experience/CXP bar on your UI.

Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

KendraP
06.12.2019 , 03:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post

We typically don't include these types of changes in Patch Notes, but tbh, this snuck out with 5.10.3a. Since it's now effectively rolled out, we'll keep it in and will update the /slap message you're receiving when you are killing the poor bugs.
So, ninja nerf game strategy confirmed. Thanks

TUXs
06.12.2019 , 03:47 PM | #28
Hey all,

It's been a while since I posted, but wanted to jump in and say yep, we've known about this area and had planned to fix it with the expansion.

We typically don't include these types of changes in Patch Notes, but tbh, this snuck out with 5.10.3a. Since it's now effectively rolled out, we'll keep it in and will update the /slap message you're receiving when you are killing the poor bugs. What you are seeing isn't the final change, so we'll make additional adjustments in upcoming patches.

Speaking of patches, we have a mid-summer update including the Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event (with new rewards) coming out soon. Most of the team is focused on the expansion and of course, what follows in the winter.

Keith---

ps...I'm seeing double XP and double CXP in-game on my toons, so you might want to check again. It's typically visible on your experience/CXP bar on your UI.

Thanks Keith, good to see your name again... It's been too long.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DakhathKilrathi
06.12.2019 , 04:37 PM | #29
Hey all,

Keith---

You didn't just nerf grinding, though, at least on the conquest end of things.

From what I'm seeing outside of level 70 areas every mob everywhere is rewarding *far* less conquest today than yesterday. Can you verify this? And if that's the case, why wasn't this change communicated? It wouldn't have just been an exploit fix if that's the case.

Hercology
06.12.2019 , 04:40 PM | #30
F's in chat for this.
Not Herc