Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Abuse of the Kick Option in Flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Abuse of the Kick Option in Flashpoints

KoriVash
06.16.2019 , 07:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeCobalt View Post
That's too bad really. Unfortunately combining the internet, some of the activities in SWTOR, B.W.'s relatively weak reaction to the ***hats in this game it just seems to attract that kind. Find friends and try to stick with them, Guild. A lot of solo players here which works fine for most, its a story based game after all. There's a lot of good players here, they just seem hard to find because the toxins make such a big (bad) impression. Report them for what they did, ignore them and go on for the next..... for what good that's gonna do.
Good advice, and yes I agree there are as many good players as bad. A good guild can help and probably is a must if group activity is the preferred play style.

IoNonSoEVero
06.16.2019 , 07:22 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
Thank you, you just proved my point. Also the point of the OP. Really why would any casual player ever want to group with you? You are the exact sort of toxic player(s) we are talking about.

Going by your just plan insulting analogy, well then if we are children we should get a 50% discount. Let you big boys pay the full adults subscription.
It always does amaze me that raiders/people who are heavily pro-grouping will act in toxic ways and then be mystified as to why some players are reluctant to group or interact. Gee, I have no idea why we all wouldn't be lining up to experience that.

Anyway, OP, it's disturbing that some would use homophobic or anti-Semitic slurs, but really all you can do is a) screenshot the comments b) report them with the screenshots c) put them on your ignore list for all your characters so you never have to deal with them again.

ETA for clarity: I'm not suggesting that legacy ignore exists (I wish it did). If you want someone to be ignored on all your characters you'll have to put them into each character's ignore list, which is what I do. Even without chat channels active, someone can still duel spam you and send nasty email and /ignore stops that.

KoriVash
06.16.2019 , 07:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
It always does amaze me that raiders/people who are heavily pro-grouping will act in toxic ways and then be mystified as to why some players are reluctant to group or interact. Gee, I have no idea why we all wouldn't be lining up to experience that.

Anyway, OP, it's disturbing that some would use homophobic or anti-Semitic slurs, but really all you can do is a) screenshot the comments b) report them with the screenshots c) put them on your ignore list for all your characters so you never have to deal with them again.
I have a question for you which I hope you can help with. I don't use ignore much I just don't group often other than once per character for Flesh and Steel quest on Ossus. However how do you use ignore legacy-wide? or is it a case of used on one character it auto ignore across your legacy?

Sorry OP if this if of topic. but some players may find it useful to know if its not auto done legacy-wide.

kodrac
06.16.2019 , 07:48 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
(ironic because the most toxic people are in PvP, not flashpoints).
Ironic because the elitism in group finder (and this thread) will show that both are equally toxic.
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

kodrac
06.16.2019 , 07:49 PM | #15
c) put them on your ignore list for all your characters so you never have to deal with them again.
We don't have account wide ignore in this game. Would be nice, but no, your ignore list is per character.
Id find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.

IoNonSoEVero
06.16.2019 , 07:53 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
I have a question for you which I hope you can help with. I don't use ignore much I just don't group often other than once per character for Flesh and Steel quest on Ossus. However how do you use ignore legacy-wide? or is it a case of used on one character it auto ignore across your legacy?

Sorry OP if this if of topic. but some players may find it useful to know if its not auto done legacy-wide.
You can't. They haven't added a legacy-wide ignore, although I wish they would. If someone bothers me I just write down the name and manually add them to my characters' lists the next time I log on to each of them. It's a pain but it's better than inadvertently getting whispered at or bothered by Edgy McEdgelord Groupalot on another character.

I just avoid grouping altogether (unless a friend I know is playing and we figure out a time to meet up, but that's not often) and have all my chat channels turned off, as well as all group invites set to auto-reject. It essentially gives me a silent game, and aside from ninjaing, there really isn't a lot other players can do to bother me. I've had people literally run circles around me and try to bug me with rancor mounts and such, and my policy is to pretend they are not there and walk right through them to get where I need to go. If I see someone who has died I'll usually offer to revive them, but you don't need to have a chat channel for that.

IoNonSoEVero
06.16.2019 , 07:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
We don't have account wide ignore in this game. Would be nice, but no, your ignore list is per character.
I never said we did have legacy ignore. I just manually add them. If I don't want to deal with someone on one character I'm not going to deal with them on another, either.

DarthEnrique
06.16.2019 , 11:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
For the original poster - I don't see that the kick option itself was abused. 2 out of 3 people choose to vote you out of the flashpoint. It's a simple democratic vote method that is a pretty common method of settling disputes.
That is no excuse for the abusive use of the kick option. Not gonna comment any further to toxic people who make excuses for such behavior.

On my statement about removing the kick option all together if anyone read my original post I said even if which means this is a suggestion nothing more. It is actually up to Bioware how they deal with this issue and there is no harm in making a suggestion.
Trying to help my friend Ultimatedshadow out, please click his referral link. Thanks. http://www.swtor.com/r/5YzVTH

Atma
06.17.2019 , 01:52 AM | #19

ETA for clarity: I'm not suggesting that legacy ignore exists (I wish it did). If you want someone to be ignored on all your characters you'll have to put them into each character's ignore list, which is what I do. Even without chat channels active, someone can still duel spam you and send nasty email and /ignore stops that.
No one's being toxic we only pointed out why he's wrong. Sure there's solo content but it's a multiplayer game first and foremost and if you wanna see it all you're gonna have to party up with people. I mean cry and deny all you want.. that's the way it is.

IoNonSoEVero
06.17.2019 , 02:28 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Atma View Post
No one's being toxic we only pointed out why he's wrong. Sure there's solo content but it's a multiplayer game first and foremost and if you wanna see it all you're gonna have to party up with people. I mean cry and deny all you want.. that's the way it is.
Considering that in seven years of this game, every class story mission, every planetary mission, every exploration mission, every story-related flashpoint and every expac are tuned for....guess what...SOLO play...and the group activities such as Ops and PvP are presented as optional activities that can be completely ignored, I wouldn't say that this is a "multiplayer game first and foremost." It's advertised as a story-based MMORPG and there's nothing in MMO that means HUR HUR HURRR!!!! GROOOOUPPPPP!!! as much as you'd like to claim so.

It's not solo players who "cry and deny." There is nothing to deny when the entire story, every expac and 95% of the game can be completed solo and is tuned for solo play. It's raiders/pro-groupers who seem to be the ones crying and taking umbrage that not everyone wants to play in a horde. Otherwise y'all wouldn't feel the need to bring it up and throw insults every time someone mentions they prefer to solo.