Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Conquest abuse to get mats such as charged matter transubstantiator

Severith's Avatar


Severith
06.16.2019 , 05:11 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
You crack me up. You think others spread misinformation, but you are doing exactly the same thing here. Anyone who is buying 246 implants for 5 mil is crazy or has more credits than brains. If you are selling them at 5 mil, then congrats, but I doubt you sell more than 1 or 2 a day.

If you don’t want to run around farming, that’s fine, but don’t try saying people are purposely spreading misinformation on the forums because you do things differently.

Also if you have 8 comps at lvl 50, you can send them off and back within 7.5 mins on rich missions and even less for bountiful, advanced and medium.
That is in no way tedious. You don’t need to swap Alts to do it. You can keep playing any content you like while doing it, even pvp. You can get a few hundred mats in the space of 30mins doing this.
It is way cheaper than buying mats on the GTN, unless some uneducated player is selling them below the cost to collect them on missions (which occasionally happens).

From my point of view, it sounds like you are a big seller of over priced mats on the GTN. 2000-2500 per green mat, lol.
The going price for any 246 implant/relic/earpiece is 5-7 million. That's been standard for over a year, and people sell them all the time. That's on Star Forge, which you claim to be on. Seeing how just the refined isotopes are going to run 3 million by themselves per item, 5 million is very reasonable.

Why do you keep misquoting prices? You claimed earlier that CMT were 2 million when they were at 1.5 and dropping, and now you don't know standard prices for 246, even though it takes 2 seconds to look them up. What's your agenda, if not to misinform people?

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
06.16.2019 , 08:12 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
If you're buying green mats (2000-2500 per) to make a 246 implant that you sell for 5 million, then the cost of the green mats ends up being 4% to 5% of the product selling cost.

It's not worth it to farm the mats, unless you're having some sort of "relax and chill" solo session while listening to music or netflix, and even then there's more profitable things you could be doing. Sending your companions out on the toon you happen to be playing is fine, but switching back and forth between alts sending your companions out is pretty miserable work. We're here to game after all is said and done.

Some people live here on the forums to purposefully spread misinformation, or give bad advice. So take it all in with a grain of salt.
I agree with this assessment. Such as "farming" being the only method besides buying on the GTN. Spoken like a true GTN player: You must buy from the GTN, because I sell all my mats there.

There is another way to get mats; you send your comps out to farm them for you. Bonus: they now gain influence along with the mats. This is great for the mats needed for crafting the base items for crafting for things like Conquest, and since we're talking specifically green mats here, it's the best way to do it. Since, for about 99.995% of the content, you can only use one comp anyway, the rest are just sitting idle, doing nothing, may as well make them "earn their keep". On my mains, I can send 8 comps out to gather, have one summoned, and still have multiples sitting around doing nothing.

The reason I claim bonus? I don't have to buy gifts for toons that are just going to be crafters anyway, and their odds of critical successes go up as they gain influence, and I can send them out, log out, and pick up the mats the next time I log in. I have all 6 disciplines mastered, and I have around 22 toons that don't do anything but gather mats. I have enough mats right now that really, I don't have to do much in the way of gathering greens, the topic of this little off shoot here, having in the neighborhood of 10s of thousands of them. I have so many that I had multiple stacks until they changed the max stack count.

I do gather while I'm in explorable maps, but I don't go out of my way to get them. Early on I had to, now, not so much. That doesn't even include the stacks of Jawa scraps that I can trade in. So no, the GTN isn't the best source of mats, nor is it even close to a primary source. It's there, but it can be totally ignored, especially for greens and most blues too. There are some specials where one may want to use the GTN, such as mats that drop in Ops, FPs or PvP, but for the basic mats, and another poster mentioned Conquest crafting, for that as well, sending idle crew out to gather is a superior method.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
06.16.2019 , 08:21 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Visorknight View Post
Your by definition of "easy" to get requires players to have alts in the first place with all relevant crew skills. Not everyone have every crew skills levelled to 600 in game. You can't farm run mission mats without crew skills frist right? for example, diplomacy, investigations etc.
Also 8 companions at max influence of 50 for each alt! Do you even have any idea how much credits players need to sink into levelling companions to max?
You're half right, you have to have the crew skills before you can gather the mats, but it does not require that all 8 comps be max influence. I touched on this in my previous post, but you gain influence, mats and D/LS points every time a comp successfully competes a mission, and you gain influence and DS/LS points even if they fail the mission. If you're working just tier 10, you can send 4 out for UWT, just for the rich yields, and then following the just rich yield gather pattern, you can send 2 out for Investigation and diplomacy, or insert whichever simply gathering skills you like here.

I have 22 toons that don't do anything else crew skill related, and I can finance that exercise with CZ 198, or Section X one time. One run of either of those will pay for multiple runs of gathering missions, I know, I've been doing it for years.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.16.2019 , 08:24 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post

There is another way to get mats; you send your comps out to farm them for you. Bonus: they now gain influence along with the mats. This is great for the mats needed for crafting the base items for crafting for things like Conquest, and since we're talking specifically green mats here, it's the best way to do it. Since, for about 99.995% of the content, you can only use one comp anyway, the rest are just sitting idle, doing nothing, may as well make them "earn their keep". On my mains, I can send 8 comps out to gather, have one summoned, and still have multiples sitting around doing nothing.

The reason I claim bonus? I don't have to buy gifts for toons that are just going to be crafters anyway, and their odds of critical successes go up as they gain influence, and I can send them out, log out, and pick up the mats the next time I log in. I have all 6 disciplines mastered, and I have around 22 toons that don't do anything but gather mats. I have enough mats right now that really, I don't have to do much in the way of gathering greens, the topic of this little off shoot here, having in the neighborhood of 10s of thousands of them. I have so many that I had multiple stacks until they changed the max stack count.

I do gather while I'm in explorable maps, but I don't go out of my way to get them. Early on I had to, now, not so much. That doesn't even include the stacks of Jawa scraps that I can trade in. So no, the GTN isn't the best source of mats, nor is it even close to a primary source. It's there, but it can be totally ignored, especially for greens and most blues too. There are some specials where one may want to use the GTN, such as mats that drop in Ops, FPs or PvP, but for the basic mats, and another poster mentioned Conquest crafting, for that as well, sending idle crew out to gather is a superior method.
I have to agree with that.

Plus there is another method too if you are into playing Barbies in your strong hold or you spend a fair bit of time just hanging out there.
Make a farming node room for specific mats and when you are there or switching Alts, just farm them if the CD is finished. That’s how I get 99% of my grade 7 green mats because farming Makeb is the biggest pain in the AH.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.16.2019 , 08:34 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
The going price for any 246 implant/relic/earpiece is 5-7 million. That's been standard for over a year, and people sell them all the time. That's on Star Forge, which you claim to be on. Seeing how just the refined isotopes are going to run 3 million by themselves per item, 5 million is very reasonable.

Why do you keep misquoting prices? You claimed earlier that CMT were 2 million when they were at 1.5 and dropping, and now you don't know standard prices for 246, even though it takes 2 seconds to look them up. What's your agenda, if not to misinform people?
They were at 2 mil when I last looked before I made the post. I wasn’t intentionally quoting the wrong price on CMTs.
And yes, they are much lower now at 1.2-1.3 mil and I picked up a few because I know next week or the one after, they will likely be back up again. If you are a GTN player, then you should realise that and be stocking up instead of complaining about it.

As for implants, I never misquoted the price. I said if people are buying them at those prices they need their brains examined... why? because you can easily get 248 ones from the vendor with little effort these days.
Same goes for buying refined isotopes for 3 mil. I’ve a few hundred at the moment because they aren’t hard to get. Anyone paying that much for them also needs a check up.

None of that is misinformation. One could say it’s a community service to wake people up to the over inflated prices people charge for items and mats that aren’t that hard to get.

denavin's Avatar


denavin
06.16.2019 , 01:16 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
And why aren’t they queuing without the rewards?
Too many butt holes in Ranked is why NOBODY wants to go... It has NOTHING to do with rewards....
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

KoriVash's Avatar


KoriVash
06.16.2019 , 03:15 PM | #67
Sorry OP but you personally not liking the changes to conquest does not equal abuse. I like the change myself, for the first time since conquest had it make over, after the last merge my guild has made the planetary goal. If charged matter transtantiator has come down in price on GTN, good about time. I like that even small guilds have the chance to get them for reaching the lower planetary conquest goal. I don't buy the transubtaniator mats but do sell the few I get from command crates, but really not worth what the going price is. Which is why I sell mine for around half what other are selling for, which is about what they were this week. I may or may not lower mine now, still happy about conquest changes made for this week.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.17.2019 , 02:40 AM | #68
I just got 9 CMTs @ 333,333 because someone listed them in groups of 3 for 1,000,000. It was obviously a mistake.

MacCleoud's Avatar


MacCleoud
06.17.2019 , 12:09 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I just got 9 CMTs @ 333,333 because someone listed them in groups of 3 for 1,000,000. It was obviously a mistake.
Hey.... sometimes you win, sometime you lose. I think you just won.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
06.17.2019 , 12:24 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I just got 9 CMTs @ 333,333 because someone listed them in groups of 3 for 1,000,000. It was obviously a mistake.
What is your current guiltometer reading? (scale of 1-10)

Mine would read a solid 7 while purchasing the goods, then drop to a 1 after the fact.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.