Starship Hooks for strongholds

SnowieAngel

If you have a starship already why do you need to buy the dark projects from the decoration vendor on fleet to get the starship hook!

Starship hooks are the big huge enormous ones that you can find on all strongholds except Coruscant and Dromund Kaas.(1) (The Coru/DK balcony contains a "Centerpiece" hook, but a starship hook is worth nine of those.)

There are many decorations that fit on starship hooks, mostly big huge enormous things, but including 1/3 scale models of the class ships, but like almost all decorations, you have to acquire them somehow. And you can craft your own Dark Projects to buy the class-ship decorations.

(1) On Nar Shaddaa, the starship hook is on the platform below and "outboard" of the arrival point. Look away from the stronghold, out into the night, and then look *down* to see the platform.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

You can only get to the Nar Shaddaa starship hook by using a mount while driving off the top of the taxi and jumping. It's ridiculous. You can't reach the Manaan or Umbara starship hooks at all. :mad:

The best starship hooks are on Yavin 4 and Tatooine.

It would have been cool if we automatically unlocked one starship decoration for each class story we completed. Unfortunately, you'll need to come up with 5 Dark Projects and some credits. On the plus-side you can buy the ships for any class, whether you have played them or not.

If you level two characters and work on their crafting, making sure that your toons can make both Industrial and Synthetic prefabs, you'll soon be able to make your own Dark Projects.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
No, because it would be almost as big as the apartment itself.

Having wanted a starship hook for my Coruscant and DK SH's for the longest time, your argument against it, I have to admit, makes some sense. Player starships aren't one-man snub ships like TIE-fighters or X-wings.

Would be nice if Manaan had a second starship hook, although when I think about it, the whole SH isn't really that big, certainly not as much as Tatooine, let alone Yavin or the upcoming Rishi one (which I have to admit, isn't all I'd hoped for, with its dirt-and-grass floors and not overly "modern" overall architecture... but then, the whole planet is that way; possibly even by choice of the locals).