Would you PUG if PUGging gave a repair discount?

Suppose each player in your group but not in your guild reduced your repair cost by 25% for a max of 75% reduction in repair costs, allowing you to wipe up to four times for the same cost as wiping once in a guild group.

Would this influence your decision to PUG flashpoints?

Would it increase my willingness to run pickup groups with people I don't know? (random PUG)

Nope. Wiping would still be wasting my time.

It would however encourage me to "unguild" completely and make a private chat channel and an extensive friends list as a replacement (since shared chat and a friends list is all a guild offers right now anyway).

So, I'd run with the same people as before -- I would just have 75% repairs for those occasions when we do wipe.

That being said -- I'm a pretty pug friendly player anyway so I'm not terribly frightened of randoms to begin with.

Nope, it wouldn't. I PUG people in anyway.

The main things that discourage me from PUGging FPs are the things that discourage me from running them, period. First, it is a pain to get people to want to to do them and second, there's little incentive to do them. So the first increases the PITA factor, while the latter means there isn't much of a reward.

Now, if they did the sensible thing and removed most of the columi badges from the daily, giving 1 for completion of the HM FP instead, as well as adding more things to get with said badges, then hey, I'd be more likely to.

But they'd really need to get a decent LFG system in place now, rather than 1.3 as well.

Suppose each player in your group but not in your guild reduced your repair cost by 25% for a max of 75% reduction in repair costs, allowing you to wipe up to four times for the same cost as wiping once in a guild group.

this doesn't so much help pugs as it hurts guilds...

Not really. The main reason I do not pug is because I use my lockouts with my guild. On an alt I do pug. Im not against pugging in general. Im just not going to blow my lockout and screw my guild out of a tank.

The repair pain only really comes into play in Ops where a group might wipe all night trying to get a boss. That said, I will base my answer off of Ops only.

No.

And here's why:

1) We're a progression guild and our reputation matters. We not only care about how others view us, but how we view ourselves. PUGing can lend to some negative connotations, such as "We don't have enough active members to successfully run our scheduled raids". There is also a pride thing. As an officer, running an Ops and seeing the guild name under every person is really gratifying. All our hard work to advertise, recruit, make enough progress to attract people, etc pays off when you get to see that sight.

2) Repair costs should not be a problem. This is more of a personal way we run our guild. It is very easy to make credits in SWTOR. You can do Dailies (it's boring, I know. But in 5 days you could have almost a million credits which isn't a bad deal), you can PvP, and you can sell mats or crafts on the GTN. So when someone says "I can't pay the repair bill", it tells us officers that they aren't active enough on non-raiding days or really aren't trying. But still, we have taken it upon ourselves, as officers, to make sure we make enough creds during the week to pay for any repair bills our guildies can't pay on their own. We want to take care of our people and keep our raids guild-only.

3) There is just more cohesion and FUN in guild runs. You know what people will be good at, what will tick people off, what's something a certain person might not be able to excel at and you can plan ahead for that. Ops already have a lot of random, uncontrollable factors and limiting those will only make it easier for everyone. A PUG brings some inherent uncontrollable factors (they might slack off or leave early because they just don't have to worry about being kicked out of their guild because of poor performance) that may or may not be a problem. But mainly, I find guild runs to be a lot of fun. You can joke around on trash, you establish little games on the way to bosses (Our Sages always Rescue/Pull our MT whenever it's off cooldown), and there is just few times when everyone isn't laughing.

I would PUG a whole lot if I could use a similar button that PVP players use to make their PUGs.

Repair costs aren't really a concern. If repairs cost too much then BioWare will tone down the fights or repair costs. They have the metrics and will do the right thing.

The repair pain only really comes into play in Ops where a group might wipe all night trying to get a boss. That said, I will base my answer off of Ops only.

No.

And here's why:

1) We're a progression guild and our reputation matters. We not only care about how others view us, but how we view ourselves. PUGing can lend to some negative connotations, such as "We don't have enough active members to successfully run our scheduled raids". There is also a pride thing. As an officer, running an Ops and seeing the guild name under every person is really gratifying. All our hard work to advertise, recruit, make enough progress to attract people, etc pays off when you get to see that sight.

2) Repair costs should not be a problem. This is more of a personal way we run our guild. It is very easy to make credits in SWTOR. You can do Dailies (it's boring, I know. But in 5 days you could have almost a million credits which isn't a bad deal), you can PvP, and you can sell mats or crafts on the GTN. So when someone says "I can't pay the repair bill", it tells us officers that they aren't active enough on non-raiding days or really aren't trying. But still, we have taken it upon ourselves, as officers, to make sure we make enough creds during the week to pay for any repair bills our guildies can't pay on their own. We want to take care of our people and keep our raids guild-only.

3) There is just more cohesion and FUN in guild runs. You know what people will be good at, what will tick people off, what's something a certain person might not be able to excel at and you can plan ahead for that. Ops already have a lot of random, uncontrollable factors and limiting those will only make it easier for everyone. A PUG brings some inherent uncontrollable factors (they might slack off or leave early because they just don't have to worry about being kicked out of their guild because of poor performance) that may or may not be a problem. But mainly, I find guild runs to be a lot of fun. You can joke around on trash, you establish little games on the way to bosses (Our Sages always Rescue/Pull our MT whenever it's off cooldown), and there is just few times when everyone isn't laughing.

/agree here for the most part.

As long as my Ops group does not wipe (Which for the most part we dont unless we are working on a new boss) repair bills are ok. They could be lower because no matter how much effort I put in I always have between 300K and 600K. They could give us more dailies and the mutli spec because doing dailies as a healer is rough.

The only time I pug is if I need 1 person to fill out an ops group or a flashpoint. If they suck they get kicked. (What I mean by suck is this {Running into mobs because they are not paying attention} {People who do not listen period}) If they are a good player, want to join a guild and are either in an small guild that is more inactive then active or unguilded we will recruit them. I do not care to waste my time with players who do not want to put forth the effort to learn their class or ask people about their class, or even want to play the game as an MMO.