Color Crystals

Halsion

Hey guys! i thought we needed a compendium of all the different Color crystals people have discovered. So far we have a few that I've seen

These Colors have been spotted by me and others in the game, or in youtube videos. I hope to continue updating this list as I get more info. thanks for reading.

- Red (Requires Dark I and above)

- Blue (Requires Light I and above)

- Green (Requires Light I and above)

- Yellow

- Orange

- Purple

- Black with a Yellow Glow

- Black with a Blue Glow (my personal favorite)

- White (Drop from the world boss on Alderaan, there are also 'supposedly' white crystals from vendors at lvl 50 according to TORhead.com)

- Magenta (Thanks GKGK)

- Black with a Green Glow (again GKGK) (may be the Razer crystal, anyone confirm this?)

- Black with a Red Glow (GKGK)

- Neon Green (from Razer SWTOR peripherals (thanks vulpusrex) (This one may be the Black + green glow)

- Black (There's one in the database on TORhead.com, but it has no stats so it's unknown if its actually in the game)

- - Speculation Colors

- - Black (vibrosword or lightsaber is unknown) http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber_(lightsaber)

- - - - - - - - This one has a wookiepedia article on it, Darksaber, wasn't actually a lightsaber, but an ancient weapon

- - Cyan (thanks zaxem)

What other colors have you guys seen in the game so far?

EDIT: The Black with a blue glow one was seen in the Round Table between Darth Hater and another site, it's on Darth Hater's site, its in the video

EDIT 2: The white crystal is in a few youtube videos if you want to see what it looks like

For clarification -

1.) black/red glow is found on high end raid & pvp gear for Imperials

2.) black/green and neon green are the same gem (it's black/neon green just like the preorder crystal) gotten from Razer gear ( http://www.razerzone.com/swtor )

3.) black/blue glow is found on high end raid & pvp gear for Republic

4.) cyan/magenta may be the same color and was confirmed as a recipe in the game as part of patch notes dated 11/24/11.

•Added Yellow and Orange color crystal schematics for Artifice.

•Added rare Magenta Adegan color crystal schematics for Artifice

5.) black/yellow glow is the preorder crystal

6.) black (vibrosword or lightsaber is unknown; unknown if actually in the game) - was datamined by various websites

7.) white (drop from the world boss on Alderaan during beta testing; unknown if actually still in the game)

Edited by GKGK

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For clarification -

6.) black (vibrosword or lightsaber is unknown; unknown if actually in the game) - was datamined by various websites

Devs posted in a different thread, before the forum wipes, that there would be no black crystal (aka Darksaber) in the game.

We'd need to encourage one of them to verify that for us one way or the other, as they seem to change their minds on things quite often. :D

For clarification -

1.) black/red glow is found on high end raid & pvp gear for Imperials

2.) black/green and neon green are the same gem (it's black/neon green just like the preorder crystal) gotten from Razer gear ( http://www.razerzone.com/swtor )

3.) black/blue glow is found on high end raid & pvp gear for Republic

4.) cyan/magenta may be the same color and was confirmed as a recipe in the game as part of patch notes dated 11/24/11.

5.) black/yellow glow is the preorder crystal

7.) white (drop from the world boss on Alderaan during beta testing; unknown if actually still in the game)

So awesome. can't wait until I can get a pink crystal.. I think magenta is pretty pink :D

I sure hope it is light side.

So awesome. can't wait until I can get a pink crystal.. I think magenta is pretty pink :D

I sure hope it is light side.

Doubt it. It will most likely have no limitation

However I see a lot of sith NPC's with purple/magenta lightsabers so if it had it might be darkside.

Here's a silly question, I know you can get archaeology quests for yellow crystals but is anyone else having trouble getting them? I never seem to get offered the quests for them.

I want to say that the yellow color crystals actually come from Treasure Hunting.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, first read the thread at this link, it has a lot of information:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=55121

Secondly: purple is right now only a PvP reward for Sith players and cyan is for Jedi players.

Thirdly: All color crystal info. on darthhater and torhead is from beta, a lot of it is inaccurate. The white crystal has vanished and does not appear to drop from the alderaan world boss any more.

Last: my understanding is black core with blue glow is a rakata item. I have seen it in a level 50 player's hands, but I don't know where they got it from.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen these colors myself, in game ON player characters.

Purple

Light Red

Red/Black

Blue/Black

The purple is crafted. The red/black is world boss drop. Not sure on the BLue/black and light red. I was able to inspect the character and was able to see the sabers with the light red and red/black crystals on him and drawn.

• 2 weeks later...

Secondly: purple is right now only a PvP reward for Sith players ...

Incorrect. Its both PVP and a columi mainhand/offhand PVE reward (comes in the saber) and only removable from the PVE version

The purple is crafted. The red/black is world boss drop.

incorrect. Purple can NOT be currently crafted at all, in any way shape or form. Red/black is the Rakata level PVE reward saber from HM/NMM KP and NMM EV Ops as well as a PVP reward item. To my knowledge there is no Red/black WB drop of a saber or individual crystal that fits that description.

Please have your facts straight before you post otherwise you are doing nothing more than throwing around misinformation.

Edited by Facime

Patch 1.1.5 is currently live on the patch test server and will go live next week (2-28-12).

Patch 1.1.5 will bring higher level versions of the pre-order yellow-black color crystal.

These will be sold by the current pre-order color crystal vendor on the fleet space station.

Patch 1.1.5 will also introduce a temporary vendor to both, Republic & Sith, fleet space stations.

That vendor will sell bind-on-pickup level 47 and level 50 color crystals of various stats.

Stats = +crit, +endurance, +power, +expertise.

Colors = Purple, Cyan, White

Price ranges from 150,000 to 2,500,000 credits depending on level, stat and color.

This vendor is temporary and will be removed when patch 1.2 goes live.

Because, every color crystal the vendor sells will be craftable by artifice in patch 1.2. The craftable ones will differ from the vendor ones by being bind-on-equip instead of bind-on-pickup.

Edited by Quiet

This vendor is temporary and will be removed when patch 1.2 goes live.

Because, every color crystal the vendor sells will be craftable by artifice in patch 1.2. The craftable ones will differ from the vendor ones by being bind-on-equip instead of bind-on-pickup.

The ones that have names, that are not PVP crystals currently on the vendor are already BOE.